If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV for Bright Room

Options
  • 26-12-2020 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi Guys. I'm looking for advice on a TV for a very bright room. I have a 3 year old LG 43" which is almost unwatchable in the afternoons. I'm looking for something in the 49" to 55" range for around €600 - €700. 

Most of the searching I've done on this topic points me towards the Samsung QLED range but the 49" Q80T at €899 is a bit more expensive than I was hoping to go. Just wondering if you guys could point me toward something suitable closer to my budget. Thanks. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

collybyrne wrote: »
    Hi Guys. I'm looking for advice on a TV for a very bright room. I have a 3 year old LG 43" which is almost unwatchable in the afternoons. I'm looking for something in the 49" to 55" range for around €600 - €700. 

Most of the searching I've done on this topic points me towards the Samsung QLED range but the 49" Q80T at €899 is a bit more expensive than I was hoping to go. Just wondering if you guys could point me toward something suitable closer to my budget. Thanks. 
    Thanks for the post collybyrne!

The QLEDs are great TVs and do have brighter panels than other LED TVs as well as the OLED panels.

If the QE49Q80T is too far out of the budget we do have the QE50Q60T at 679 euro. This wouldn't be as high spec as the Q80T for picture and motion but it is Samsungs best entry level QLED.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204598-samsung-qe50q60t-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-qled-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭collybyrne

The QLEDs are great TVs and do have brighter panels than other LED TVs as well as the OLED panels.

If the QE49Q80T is too far out of the budget we do have the QE50Q60T at 679 euro. This wouldn't be as high spec as the Q80T for picture and motion but it is Samsungs best entry level QLED.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204598-samsung-qe50q60t-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-qled-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for that. I'm not just tied to the Samsung's so if you think there's something out there from a different brand that would work well in a really bright room I'd be open to suggestion? 

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for that. I'm not just tied to the Samsung's so if you think there's something out there from a different brand that would work well in a really bright room I'd be open to suggestion? 
    Hi Collybyrne,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The Nano Cells would also give a bright image but the only one we have available would be the 55NANO866 at 799 euro:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204766-lg-55nano866na-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-nanocell-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Let me know what you think of this option!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭collybyrne

Kind regards

David
    Hi Collybyrne,

The Nano Cells would also give a bright image but the only one we have available would be the 55NANO866 at 799 euro:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204766-lg-55nano866na-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-nanocell-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Kind regards

David
    Nice one thanks David. 

Kind regards

David
    Hi Collybyrne,

Kind regards

David
    Nice one thanks David. 
    No problem, let me know if you have any further queries!

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.