If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE65TU7100 VS LG 65UN73006LA

Options
  • 26-12-2020 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

To my untrained eye they both look similar in spec but is there anything that would make you choose one over the other?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

To my untrained eye they both look similar in spec but is there anything that would make you choose one over the other?
    Thanks for the post Irelandspurs.

Both TVs are great entry level 4K panels and both are very similar with native 50Hz motion processing. My own personal preference would be the LG as it has more natural colour and uses the magic remote!

Both are great though and you won't be disappointed with either!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Thanks David, I've bought 2 lg's from you previous so will probably stick with lg. My budget is around €700 so if you can suggest anything better let me know, thanks

Thanks David, I've bought 2 lg's from you previous so will probably stick with lg. My budget is around €700 so if you can suggest anything better let me know, thanks
    Hi Irelandspurs,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The only other one I would recommend would be the Philips 65PUS7805 at 729 euro. It has a local dimming panel and also supports Dolby Vision so would be a better panel than the Samsung or LG!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204844-philips-65pus7805-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Kind regards

David

Hi Irelandspurs,

The only other one I would recommend would be the Philips 65PUS7805 at 729 euro. It has a local dimming panel and also supports Dolby Vision so would be a better panel than the Samsung or LG!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204844-philips-65pus7805-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Kind regards

David
    Thanks I'll take a look at that one

Hi Irelandspurs,

Kind regards

David
    No problem, let me know what you think of it!

• Advertisement

Hi Irelandspurs,

Kind regards

David
    Think I'll go for philips. If I pay in sterling I can get it that little closer to my €700 budget I think

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Irelandspurs,

Kind regards

David
    Think I'll go for philips. If I pay in sterling I can get it that little closer to my €700 budget I think
    Hey IrelandSpurs.

It's a nice television!

If you purchase it via the link in the posts above we will get it dispatched out to you as quickly as we can :)

Have just ordered there, thanks for the advice

Have just ordered there, thanks for the advice
    Thanks very much for the order irelandspurs!

Let us know if you have any issues with the delivery!

How's things. I'm only getting round to watching this Philips 65PUS7805 now as room it's in only just finished. I'm watching a few movies on it and finding scenes that are dark virtually unwatchable. Any tips for settings for dark scenes to be able to see what's on the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

How's things. I'm only getting round to watching this Philips 65PUS7805 now as room it's in only just finished. I'm watching a few movies on it and finding scenes that are dark virtually unwatchable. Any tips for settings for dark scenes to be able to see what's on the screen.
    Hi IrelandSpurs.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the Philips.

Have you tried adjusting the contrast and brightness settings in the menu setup?

There is no right or wrong setting as everyone has different tastes on how they like the image.

Philips site give the following guidelines:
    Best results are obtained when the room has subdued lighting. Set the Contrast to a level of approximately 85, Brightness 45-50, Colour to 50-55, sharpness 5-7.
    Make sure that the “device” e.g. Blu Ray Player etc has been added via the “Add Devices” option on the home screen.

Let me know if this is of any help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.