Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ryzen build - mobo and ram

Options
  • 26-12-2020 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Have some of the pieces of a new build together - 5600x based with a 3070.

I was looking for advice on what mobo and ram ye would recommend? And a cooler for a h510i case - unsure between air or an aio. I know the noctua ones are highly recommended and I'm not normally a man for aesthetics but jeez they're an awful colour!

Also is it worth getting a nvme ssd rather than just using my older ssd from my previous build?

Cheers for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

I just bought an ASUS TUF GAMING X570 PLUS and Tridentz neo 3600 32gb for my 5800X Cpu.

I am very happy with th motherboard it worked out of the box and has 2Nvme slots. I fully installed windows in under a half hour to an nvme ssd from a USB drive

Good luck with the new build

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Hi guys,

Have some of the pieces of a new build together - 5600x based with a 3070.

I was looking for advice on what mobo and ram ye would recommend? And a cooler for a h510i case - unsure between air or an aio. I know the noctua ones are highly recommended and I'm not normally a man for aesthetics but jeez they're an awful colour!

Also is it worth getting a nvme ssd rather than just using my older ssd from my previous build?

Cheers for any help!

If you're not a fan of the normal noctua colours have a look at the chromax series. Would always recommend air over aio for bang for the buck and performance, particularly with the noctua stuff. Although the likes of the Corsair H100i pro or the NZXT Kraken stuff are highly rated.

Nvme isn't a necessity, you probably won't get any noticeable performance difference in loading times etc over a standard ssd yet, and it's something you can easily add down the line once stuff like GPUDirect rolls out where you will load directly to the GPU etc.

Advertisement