Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asics Gel Kayano query

• 26-12-2020 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I've been using the Gel Kayanos for years with no issues. Have several pairs & even the well worn pairs are still comfortable for general wear. Bought a pair of Gel Kayanos 24 probably over a year ago in Kildare Village & found them very uncomfortable from the start. Broke them in around the house/ short walks etc. The really hurt the inside of my 2 heels & end up quite sore even after a short walk. Anyone know if Asics changed the shape/size in recent years. Now afraid to buy another pair in case they are the same. What is the equivalent make in Brooks or Nike.

Thanks,

T.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭SnappyDresser

It seems to be me that Kayano's seem to come in slightly different models. Not advertised that way but I have always just bought them and every pair never seem the same. Dont get me wrong, they are normally super comfortable, fit well, last well and have superb cushioning. I would chalk it off to just a bad pair, maybe just use them for walking or hiking and buy a new pair direct from Asics.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭benji2006

TigerTim wrote: »
    Hi All,

I've been using the Gel Kayanos for years with no issues. Have several pairs & even the well worn pairs are still comfortable for general wear. Bought a pair of Gel Kayanos 24 probably over a year ago in Kildare Village & found them very uncomfortable from the start. Broke them in around the house/ short walks etc. The really hurt the inside of my 2 heels & end up quite sore even after a short walk. Anyone know if Asics changed the shape/size in recent years. Now afraid to buy another pair in case they are the same. What is the equivalent make in Brooks or Nike.

Thanks,

T.

That is strange. I too have been using kayanos for years and years and I hated my 24s. My feet got so sore before I realized it was the shoes causing it.

I upgraded to 25s and had no problems. Since then, I have bought another pair of 25s and a pair of 26s a few weeks ago in the outlet sale and they are all fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I just got a bad pair. Have been very happy with the Kayanos so I'm slow to change. Will try the latest offering & see how it goes.

@benji2006 - happy to see that I wasn't the only one with an issue with the 24s.
    The 24 does seem lighter that the previous models.

Thanks,

T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

I love Kayanos and I have worn most models but I did not really like the 24's, I know everyone different but I found them very stiff and took a long time to break-in, I hated them at first.

for me personally, out of the new range, 25 to 27's I found the 26's really comfortable I wore mine completely out I wore them that much
    I am not 100% but I do think they have changed the Heel drop in the newer versions so do check that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,496 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I don't remember the exact model I had, could have been the 24's, but I have definitely had Kayanos that just didn't feel right on my feet. I get them regularly but there was one instance where immediately on the first run I could tell something wasn't right. Amphibian King replaced them for me no questions asked and the next pair were perfectly fine, as were a couple of later pairs I got.

• Advertisement
Advertisement