Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow showers, 27th/28th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Big warning for Dublin Airport. Valid until 0100.
    EIDW AD WRNG 01 VALID 272300/280100 SNOW FBL LESS THAN 1 CM FCST=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Sleet with some wet snow mixed in here in Dublin 5

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

sleet D14

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EMPotatohands

Wet snow in Ballyfermot, probably sleet but me & 4 year old counting it as snow ��

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Snowing, D11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Artane2002

snow in Dublin 5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Rain and sleet, joyous moments

More snow than sleet now in Dublin 5

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Sleety rain in Dublin city centre at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Also in Dublin 5 but only sleety rain (at best) falling here - goes to show how marginal it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Still snowing here, grass is gradually turning white in my area of meath

Edit: even heavier now, driveway and grass white

• Registered Users Posts: 23,670 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Thread was worth it for the 240 seconds it was worth it

I am counting this as our first Dublin snow of the winter even if it’s more wet snow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

I may as well just stop now. Another User and others are determined to get me to give up the ghost for my location to get me banned again (from a ban in my teen years).

I have tried to return to post about the weather in my part of this island. I live approximately in the NW of NI, about 50 metres asl. I don’t and didn’t want to give my location away because I don’t want my house to be located.

I have always had a passion in the weather and expanded this to get a Meteorology degree in England last year. To pursue my interest as a hobby I invested first in a Oregon Scientific WMR200 weather station about 16 and this year I moved up to a Davis Vantage Pro2 (£1000+) which I bought a few months ago. And you can see here: https://youtu.be/6_-60iUssOI

It has been interesting to see how my values differ compared to local wunderground stations. The Davis does not over-read in the sun which is great for hot spells.

I was hoping to try and return and read out the weather in my area. I got quite excited for these recent “events” and was really curious about what happened to me tonight. I drove from Derry where it was pouring with rain to my house, I did not go up in elevation so it was odd to me that the rain would suddenly turn to snow. And I tried to find out if it was possible for a downdraught to bring snow to the surface because the low level snow in my area is very localised.

I was also interested with the odd snow lines this morning.

My sister got stuck on a high level road tonight too so that went on too.

Anyway, people keep asking me for my location to try and get me banned. I don’t know why people savour getting people banned from a forum due to something that happened when I was a teenager. There aren’t many people who live in my area either. So..

I am disappointed that it had to come to this again. I don’t see why people are painting me as this toxic evil and malicious person, all I am doing is this the weather which is what this forum is for. And I have much more of an interest than a lot of the people who just post occasionally.

I have just made a video to air out my feelings towards this: https://youtu.be/_m-fRbYhHIM

If there was another Irish forum that was easier to join and wasn’t so rigid you would never see me here but this is the only genuine forum. I am sorry for causing disruption.

It’s a pity people won’t just give me a chance. I do have a genuine interest in the weather. It is up to the moderators to give me a chance but I don’t expect it.

MOD NOTE: Username redacted at request of said user.

Nqp15hhu wrote: »

It’s a pity people won’t just give me a chance. I do have a genuine interest in the weather. It is up to the moderators to give me a chance but I don’t expect it.

I don't see what the issue is.

Just post about the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Big wet flakes off Lambay Island

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Just cold rain here in Dublin 24 Firhouse....sigh.

Holy Duck wrote: »
    Big wet flakes off Lambay Island

The wallabies :( ...will be confused

https://www.irishcentral.com/travel/wallabies-lambay-island-dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Sleety rain so far at the moment in Swords, was heavy rain 10 minutes ago.

Might get some snow here in an hour i'd say. Quite possibly.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭arctictree

Light snow here in Roundwood. +1.0c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭pauldry

Lightning in Sligo

Temperature went from 7.4c to 4.2c now on way up again 4.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

The kangaroos ...will be confused

The wallabies won't know where they are if they see kangaroos

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭leinad

arctictree wrote: »
    Light snow here in Roundwood. +1.0c

Rathdrum heavy snow sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,337 ✭✭✭mojesius

We had a 30 minute mix of sleet, rain and snow here in South wicklow 130m asl around 3pm. Dry since then, done stars peeping out. However, Lug has been covered in white cloud all day and higher hills close to our house have a dusting. I'll check it out tomorrow morningand may drive around with toddler so she can experience it if we get none here. We're just above a valley SE of Lug so are sheltered from this event. :(

Edit: hubby just went out for a smoke and it's now snowing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Kermit you better start preparing the thread for Wednesday's snow risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

I don't see what the issue is.

Just post about the weather.

He does.

New Moon

Holy Duck wrote: »
    The wallabies won't know where they are if they see kangaroos

/pedant :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭lolie

Moderate sleety hail falling here now in South cavan. Temp gone from 1 earlier to 2 now.

My sister in Nobber meath just sent me this a few minutes ago.
    537330.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    I may as well just stop now. RedsteveIreland and others are determined to get me to give up the ghost for my location to get me banned again (from a ban in my teen years).

I have tried to return to post about the weather in my part of this island. I live approximately in the NW of NI, about 50 metres asl. I don’t and didn’t want to give my location away because I don’t want my house to be located.

I have always had a passion in the weather and expanded this to get a Meteorology degree in England last year. To pursue my interest as a hobby I invested first in a Oregon Scientific WMR200 weather station about 16 and this year I moved up to a Davis Vantage Pro2 (£1000+) which I bought a few months ago. And you can see here: https://youtu.be/6_-60iUssOI

It has been interesting to see how my values differ compared to local wunderground stations. The Davis does not over-read in the sun which is great for hot spells.

I was hoping to try and return and read out the weather in my area. I got quite excited for these recent “events” and was really curious about what happened to me tonight. I drove from Derry where it was pouring with rain to my house, I did not go up in elevation so it was odd to me that the rain would suddenly turn to snow. And I tried to find out if it was possible for a downdraught to bring snow to the surface because the low level snow in my area is very localised.

I was also interested with the odd snow lines this morning.

My sister got stuck on a high level road tonight too so that went on too.

Anyway, people keep asking me for my location to try and get me banned. I don’t know why people savour getting people banned from a forum due to something that happened when I was a teenager. There aren’t many people who live in my area either. So..

I am disappointed that it had to come to this again. I don’t see why people are painting me as this toxic evil and malicious person, all I am doing is this the weather which is what this forum is for. And I have much more of an interest than a lot of the people who just post occasionally.

I have just made a video to air out my feelings towards this: https://youtu.be/_m-fRbYhHIM

If there was another Irish forum that was easier to join and wasn’t so rigid you would never see me here but this is the only genuine forum. I am sorry for causing disruption.

Sorry you feel that way, but there is no way that your house can be located from giving a general location (which you've finally done now). Nobody is asking for a post code, just whether you're reporting from the north or south, etc. The same way you were demanding that people quote their altitude in reports. It works both ways.

Anyway, water under the bridge now. That event you witness was most likely caused by you driving into a cold downdraft, which can measure only a few hundred metres or less across. It's fairly common in showers and in severe cases can lead to strong straightline winds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

lolie wrote: »
    Moderate sleety hail falling here now in South cavan. Temp gone from 1 earlier to 2 now.

My sister in Nobber meath just sent me this a few minutes ago.
    537330.jpg

Yep im not far from nobber, (about 10km) we haven't as much as that but everywhere is white

Advertisement