Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow showers, 27th/28th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    I may as well just stop now. RedsteveIreland and others are determined to get me to give up the ghost for my location to get me banned again (from a ban in my teen years).

I think we all have a fair idea of your general location, but just some teasing going on given the near legendary status you had on the forum one time. Regardless, you are just as entitled to post on this forum as anyone else.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 24,397 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Drove through some snow showers around Obama country..

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

kinda just cold rain here now ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Kermit you better start preparing the thread for Wednesday's snow risk.

Doesn’t warrant it IMO

After hovering around 2-3 degrees all afternoon, it is now 6c as we near the end of the day. It really takes something special for this to occur under a so-called polar air mass. :rolleyes:

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Donegal Ken

Triple upward lightning strike from Churchill, Donegal this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭FrDougalMcguire

There have been passing showers of wet snow here in Charlestown, Mayo all day. Just had one flash of lightning and a loud rumble of thunder minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

And there we go bang! Loud thunder here in Castlebar and very squally winds. Nice one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

2.6 now from a low of 0.3 three hours ago. Warm sector advancing ahead of sleety rain from the north. Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Triple Cg lightning strike from Churchill, Donegal this evening

That's a great pic

• Advertisement

That's a great pic

Video still taken from my page. Video can be seen on it. Multiple power outages around sligo also due to Lightning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Loud rumble outside Ballina, Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭watlantic

More lightning observed from SW Mayo, followed by thunder. Very gusty W'ly winds but temp. now above 6ºC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Theres some wind just gone past the house there

Video of the Triple CG lightning from Churchill Donegal this evening

https://mobile.twitter.com/DonegalWeatherC/status/1343303974213054467

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Anyone in Castlebar hear that lol

watlantic wrote: »
    More lightning observed from SW Mayo, followed by thunder. Very gusty W'ly winds but temp. now above 6ºC.

Had a great (distant) lightning show here last week from a storm way out at sea, but can't see any flckering from this one at all, despite hanging out of the window like a nincompoop.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a horrible evening outside now with plenty of cold rain. If it wasn't for this very mild European and Scandinavian December in the run up to Christmas we may have had a chance with a covering of snow this evening as the colder air would be less modified by the relative warmth of the past few weeks all across northern Europe.

Now back to the FI charts looking for further developments of something colder and more unstable into January, not much is going to happen between now and New Year's Day.

Video of the Triple CG lightning from Churchill Donegal this evening

https://mobile.twitter.com/DonegalWeatherC/status/1343303974213054467

The thunder from that must have been amazing to hear.

New Moon

Oneiric 3 wrote: »

In these set ups every winter the thunderstorms are much more powerful than what you would see during the summer. I enjoy chasing them but sometimes there unpredictable as they move very fast and the lightning can drop anywhere. At least with summer time storms there slower moving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,749 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The west coast is not far away at all from snowy heaven on Tuesday. The thrust of the artic air mass just off shore. Slight eastward shift and they'd have a great day with plenty of snow showers and decent coverings. Narrow margins between the haves and have nots the next few days.

39-7UK.GIF?27-18

In these set ups every winter the thunderstorms are much more powerful than what you would see during the summer. I enjoy chasing them but sometimes there unpredictable as they move very fast and the lightning can drop anywhere. At least with summer time storms there slower moving.
    I agree entirely. Winter thunderstorms are genuinely more sinister.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Oneiric 3 wrote: »

Would've been epic to see.
    I'd say clean underwear was needed for a few people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Ya massive lighting strike power gone

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Dublin about to get a Heavy Snow Shower....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Gonzo wrote: »
    a horrible evening outside now with plenty of cold rain. If it wasn't for this very mild European and Scandinavian December in the run up to Christmas we may have had a chance with a covering of snow this evening as the colder air would be less modified by the relative warmth of the past few weeks all across northern Europe.

Now back to the FI charts looking for further developments of something colder and more unstable into January, not much is going to happen between now and New Year's Day.
    Freezing cold all week after tomorrow with huge potential on Wednesday for the Southwest. Sorry but the above statement is hugely inaccurate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,749 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Freezing cold all week after tomorrow with huge potential on Wednesday for the Southwest. Sorry but the above statement is hugely inaccurate!!

That's uncertain at the moment. The snow potential could shift further north east...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Lashing rain and windy in Lucan. Not a single flake yet. :( Love seeing the snow pictures from others though. Even a dusting would be so uplifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

That was some bang. Shook the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

That thunderstorm will be in Galway within the next half hour...

Advertisement