Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow showers, 27th/28th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dublin Airport reporting a light shower of sleet at 10pm. Temp has gone up though,now 2 degrees ,dew point 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wow some big flashes in south Mayo and thunder a few seconds behind it

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭kegg

naughto wrote: »
    Ya massive lighting strike power gone

Heard it in foxford. Such a long rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Thought we were finished.... Coming down fast, wet and heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

Dublin about to get a Heavy Snow Shower....

Keep me up to date on that. So jealous as I'm over 40km West of Dublin city at a little under 100m ASL and it's just moderate to heavy rain here. Mad that it's heavy snow in a Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Time to put heat on and hide under the bed clothes as raining hard now D14

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lashing it down in Tuam and there's thunder. So glad I'm off to the Middle East tomorrow afternoon :pac:

km79 wrote: »
    Wow some big flashes in south Mayo and thunder a few seconds behind it

Jaysus that was a loud bang
    Huge hail shower now

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Sleet in d15.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Massive clap of thunder here, but didn't see any lightning.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Sleet getting heavier here in Swords, Co. Dublin. look's like it is trying to meld into snow. Heavy sleet.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

rain turning back to sleet again in Dublin 5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Distant rumble of thunder here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Finally stopped snowing here in meath, and the surrounding countryside is white, breezy now but temp is back down to 0.4c from 1.2c earlier in the evening, it'll probably be gone in the morning but at least the kids got out in it for a few minutes, ha, the folks live about 10kms south of us, and they had mostly rain with some sleet

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

highdef wrote: »
    Keep me up to date on that. So jealous as I'm over 40km West of Dublin city at a little under 100m ASL and it's just moderate to heavy rain here. Mad that it's heavy snow in a Dublin.

Currently Curtin twitching to lamp post watch it's rain sleet and big flakes in between....It's trying to snow...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

highdef wrote: »

There's no snow in Dublin (except higher ground). Calling it "sleety rain" is even pushing it, more like cold rain with the odd whiteish mushy globule of disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    I may as well just stop now. Another User and others are determined to get me to give up the ghost for my location to get me banned again (from a ban in my teen years).

I have tried to return to post about the weather in my part of this island. I live approximately in the NW of NI, about 50 metres asl. I don’t and didn’t want to give my location away because I don’t want my house to be located.

I have always had a passion in the weather and expanded this to get a Meteorology degree in England last year. To pursue my interest as a hobby I invested first in a Oregon Scientific WMR200 weather station about 16 and this year I moved up to a Davis Vantage Pro2 (£1000+) which I bought a few months ago. And you can see here: https://youtu.be/6_-60iUssOI

It has been interesting to see how my values differ compared to local wunderground stations. The Davis does not over-read in the sun which is great for hot spells.

I was hoping to try and return and read out the weather in my area. I got quite excited for these recent “events” and was really curious about what happened to me tonight. I drove from Derry where it was pouring with rain to my house, I did not go up in elevation so it was odd to me that the rain would suddenly turn to snow. And I tried to find out if it was possible for a downdraught to bring snow to the surface because the low level snow in my area is very localised.

I was also interested with the odd snow lines this morning.

My sister got stuck on a high level road tonight too so that went on too.

Anyway, people keep asking me for my location to try and get me banned. I don’t know why people savour getting people banned from a forum due to something that happened when I was a teenager. There aren’t many people who live in my area either. So..

I am disappointed that it had to come to this again. I don’t see why people are painting me as this toxic evil and malicious person, all I am doing is this the weather which is what this forum is for. And I have much more of an interest than a lot of the people who just post occasionally.

I have just made a video to air out my feelings towards this: https://youtu.be/_m-fRbYhHIM

If there was another Irish forum that was easier to join and wasn’t so rigid you would never see me here but this is the only genuine forum. I am sorry for causing disruption.

It’s a pity people won’t just give me a chance. I do have a genuine interest in the weather. It is up to the moderators to give me a chance but I don’t expect it.

MOD NOTE: Username redacted at request of said user.

MODERATOR NOTE: Please refrain from publicly naming other users that you have issues with. Please in future, contact a moderator directly if you want to iron out issues - we are here for that.

NOTICE TO ALL USERS: While it is not compulsory on these weather forums, it is good manners to reveal a rough location particularly when reporting an observation as other users for the most part are genuinely interested in trying to get a picture of what the weather is like in different parts of the country. West Tyrone, South Kerry, Northwest Cork, West Wicklow are all fine if you don't want to get to the level of detail that reveals your local townsland, etc...
    Also, don't reveal your postcode/eircode unless you've got really good security :pac:

Big flash near me, slow building big rumbles, you can keep your wet snow

That was close enough thank you very much !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Lightning getting brighter but thunder getting lower. Weird storm.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Big flash near me, slow building big rumbles, you can keep your wet snow

im out watching the back of that storm as it moves south. blue flashes from it on a great night for viewing.moon lighting up the storm,blue flashes to my south and yet Mars visible above. a good weather night.long overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Brz555

Thunder and lightning incoming from the North, Galway city

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Thunder and Lightning in Galway now

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

My untrained eye suggests a shallow low pushing on to the north coast just east of Malin head right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭bassy

Danno wrote: »
    My untrained eye suggests a shallow low pushing on to the north coast just east of Malin head right now...

any snow in laois now ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    I agree entirely. Winter thunderstorms are genuinely more sinister.

The chances of getting a positive strike is much higher in winter than in summer. This is because the anvil, from where positive strikes typically originate, is much lower (closer to the surface) in winter, so with a shorter path a lower voltage is needed.

Hail! Double flash very close, loud thunder setting off house alarms. Woke the kids too, one scared, one like me...

bassy wrote: »
    any snow in laois now ?.

No, dry here at present. The band of precipitation looks like breaking up before reaching my part of Laois (South).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭bassy

Danno wrote: »
    No, dry here at present. The band of precipitation looks like breaking up before reaching my part of Laois (South).

i suppose nothing for north kilkenny either by the sounds of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Lovely thunder lightning here in athenry. Near instantaneous thunder after the lightning. Rain hail sleet everything but snow 😞

Advertisement