Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Week 16 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Seriously considering a -4 for Chilwell and DCL out for Struijk and Vardy. Vardy's next two are very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Lundstram wrote: »
    Seriously considering a -4 for Chilwell and DCL out for Struijk and Vardy. Vardy's next two are very tempting.

Rodgers has been talking about testing players. I'll try find the quote.

There's a thread here

https://twitter.com/ColmVHayes/status/1343147291331481600?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lundstram wrote: »

Rodgers has said he’s going to give Vardy a rest next game as he would be risking an injury otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Rodgers has said he’s going to give Vardy a rest next game as he would be risking an injury otherwise.

That’s right and he completely rotated the team for one of the Xmas games last year.
    Also I heard on a podcast that Vardy has an ongoing problem with his hip that needs to be managed so these periods where there are very quick turnarounds are a danger for rotation for him

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm thinking of getting Kane and then maybe flipping to Vardy for the double?

Been considering moving Grealish on for a while but it's been against the big teams that Villa have come really alive this season which is putting me off... also not sure who'd replace him either

On WC, so trying to find the balance between the next 2 weeks and the double! But will undoubtedly be free hitting for the blank too

Any more news on Reece James or is it just a case of managing his minutes? Which is probably not ideal for the double

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Ben Johnson putting his name in line for replacing Mitchell as my free transfer this week. Any information out there on whether he keeps his place after the good performance today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

if cavani was starting and didnt have that ban looming hed be going straight into my team . he should be starting hes much better than Martial

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Probably Lampety to Stones

Fitz* wrote: »
    DCL - Aguero has been my plan and I am going to do it. Sounds like he is fit enough to start. Has a nice GW19 fixture and no blank.

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1343191165064146945?s=19

Kane to Kun back on the horizon so

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

macraignil wrote: »
    Ben Johnson putting his name in line for replacing Mitchell as my free transfer this week. Any information out there on whether he keeps his place after the good performance today?

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1343246315220848640?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

So last week’s -8 has has not been successful as Matip looks goosed and he has to be replaced, might get in some WBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Looking to replace KDB while getting some pool cover...undecided about Salah or Mane...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Not sure where I go now so with one free, I will hold. I want son but Fulham are not the mugs they were. Sometimes you can do more damage making transfers when they are not fundamentally needed I think.

I really want to sell Kane but Vardy will most likely be rested and Aguero is too much of a gamble

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

siblers wrote: »
    I really want to sell Kane but Vardy will most likely be rested and Aguero is too much of a gamble

There's not as many players on form anymore compared to a few weeks ago. I think I'll bank and see how the midweek games go.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    There's not as many players on form anymore compared to a few weeks ago. I think I'll bank and see how the midweek games go.

Yeah, as bad as Spurs are and even though Fulham are much stronger these days, no one stands out to pick ahead of Kane home to Fulham

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Dearg81 wrote: »
    siblers wrote: »
    Yeah, as bad as Spurs are and even though Fulham are much stronger these days, no one stands out to pick ahead of Kane home to Fulham

I'm thinking of Welbeck and Wilson out for Kane and Brewster, will be a -4.

Welbeck won't produce much (neither will Brewster) and Wilson is hit and miss at times. Surely Kane will come good v Fulham?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Was all set to go KDB to Son but now i dunno... I already have Salah Fernandes and Grealish. Nothing is ever simple is it :pac:

I'm thinking of Welbeck and Wilson out for Kane and Brewster, will be a -4.

Welbeck won't produce much (neither will Brewster) and Wilson is hit and miss at times. Surely Kane will come good v Fulham?

It's difficult as none of the strikers are showing much form outside of Vardy and maybe Bamford and both could be rested. Spurs are awful and Fulham are good defensively

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Welbeck won't produce much

He's probably producing what you'd expect from a 5.5m player, and might go gun-hoe to score against his old team next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

2FTs.
    Any thoughts on WBA defenders, with an eye on the DGW? Would expect them to get progressively more solid under Sam.

Furlong £4.5. Always strikes me as a walking yellow card, though actually just has two.
    Ajayi £4.8. Not sure the extra .3 is merited.
    O'Shea £4.3. Likely to hold place?
    Gibbs £4.3. Vague memory of him being useful, though maybe that was when Arsenal picked up clean sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Will be keeping Grealish been one of the top players in league this season and although tough fixtures coming up still expect him to produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

2FTs.
    Any thoughts on WBA defenders, with an eye on the DGW? Would expect them to get progressively more solid under Sam.

Furlong £4.5. Always strikes me as a walking yellow card, though actually just has two.
    Ajayi £4.8. Not sure the extra .3 is merited.
    O'Shea £4.3. Likely to hold place?
    Gibbs £4.3. Vague memory of him being useful, though maybe that was when Arsenal picked up clean sheets.

Would probably go as cheap as possible as you're probably not really expecting attacking returns.

Gibbs perhaps as may you an assist or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Probably a question that's been asked a million times but if i bank my transfer next week and then free hit in GW18, do i have two FT in GW19?

Something tells me i don't.

Degag wrote: »
    Probably a question that's been asked a million times but if i bank my transfer next week and then free hit in GW18, do i have two FT in GW19?

Something tells me i don't.

Very good question sir but I would have thought you get to keep them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

You only have the one transfer after a free hit as far as I remember unless it has changed this year

Yeah, you will lose your second transfer if you Free Hit, it won't carry over

If you also make a transfer and then FH in the same gameweek, that transfer will be counted as part of the FH and won't be permanent which is a bit annoying

Therefore no point carrying a transfer into a free hit?

Will be keeping Grealish been one of the top players in league this season and although tough fixtures coming up still expect him to produce.

I have two free transfers and was gonna take him out but the alternatives are meh so sticking with him too

• Advertisement

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Therefore no point carrying a transfer into a free hit?

Better off to use the gw before

Advertisement