Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Week 16 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Lamptey out, Justin in

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

If only there was early Man City team news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

I have two free transfers and was gonna take him out but the alternatives are meh so sticking with him too

Also have two free transfers and was thinking of shipping him out but think I will hold now.....

Wonder will Justin be a starter for Leicester when Peireira returns?......Justin seems to be playing very well at the mo.Might bring him in for Ogbonna.

Looks like DCL is gonna drop tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Can’t actually bring myself to bring Son in and have a double up with Kane after watching that tonight. Don’t want to burn a transfer though and nothing obvious standing out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Taking the chance on Ben Johson keeping his place with West Ham and swapping him in for Matip. Gives me enough funds to go DCL to Vardy with next weeks transfer so I think it's worth taking a chance on it, but I'll probably have to give up on playing the bench boost in the double game week unless I use the second wildcard straight away which might be a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Made a very unsure DCL and KDB to Kane and Maddison for a minus 4 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

DCL/Grealish to Vardy/Soucek for -4 was the plan but tempted to get Kane instead of Vardy now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

Would you start Coufal or Soucek this gw!? Feel both is overkill but doomed to starting the wrong one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Was set to bank but KDB to Son seems mildly tempting atm.

Would mean no City attack and I know Spurs not on fire either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Am I mad to consider an arsenal player for a three week punt before my wc? Nice fixtures. Tierney, saka and lacazette look the best of them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Was set to bank but KDB to Son seems mildly tempting atm.

Would mean no City attack and I know Spurs not on fire either

I am in the very same boat and don't know weather to use the transfer on my bench get rid of KDB or keep the transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Am I mad to consider an arsenal player for a three week punt before my wc? Nice fixtures. Tierney, saka and lacazette look the best of them

Yes it’s a pretty bad transfer imo (not to deter you).

The result against Chelsea was a bit of an anomaly I think;

Penalty that on another day isn’t being given
    Free kick goal (fair enough)
    Goal from a mis-hit cross

Still the issue of not being able to score from open play (not including the Saka goal there)

Constant low percentage chances from crosses into the box.

I think there’s better choices in the game personally but definitely wouldn’t go with an Arsenal defender anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Only Arsenal player that would tempt me is Martinelli. He's a great enabler at his price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

siblers wrote: »
    Only Arsenal player that would tempt me is Martinelli. He's a great enabler at his price

Martinelli is a good player. I'm surprised at his low price. I disagree with the above, there was a noticeable change with the effort in the team with the 3 young lads in the team behind Lacazette, they created a lot more chances than usual but I'd probably wait one more game to see if it was a one off.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Martinelli is a good player. I'm surprised at his low price. I disagree with the above, there was a noticeable change with the effort in the team with the 3 young lads in the team behind Lacazette, they created a lot more chances than usual but I'd probably wait one more game to see if it was a one off.

I'm tempted by Wilson to Martinelli but will give it another week, want to see if it was a once off or if Arsenal have turned a corner

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I'm tempted by Wilson to Martinelli but will give it another week, want to see if it was a once off or if Arsenal have turned a corner

Think he is in as a midfielder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yea I'm doing the same, I'm considering Martinelli and Kane in for De Bruyne and Brewster next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

He is in as a midfielder

Think he is in as a midfielder
    Feic. Can't see myself bringing him in so with Soucek as my 5th midfielder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

For any James, Chilwell or Silva owners, this guy has links to Chelsea and tweeted pictures of the Italian, Spanish and German flags.

People are putting 2 and 2 together and speculating that Emerson, Azpi and Rudiger will be starting.

https://twitter.com/MaccaSport/status/1343478554370064384

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dearg81 wrote: »

Agree and the question is will he stick with the young lads or go back to Willian etc when available. Definitely a wait and see for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I am in the very same boat and don't know weather to use the transfer on my bench get rid of KDB or keep the transfer.

My other option is Grealish to Son and DCL to Adams for a hit but that doesn't seem worth it either.

Madison in for Grealish is another option but not convinced....I reckon Grealish has a huge haul in him soon. Will probably bank and drop 500K in OR

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Doubt martinelli will start again after such a long lay off. Auba will come back in

JWP - Saka had tempted me alright as Arsenal have some nice fixtures but going to hold out and wait to see how they play first and maybe consider it next week.

DCL - Aguero this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Grealish: Do I stick or twist?

Genuinely don't know who I'd replace him with... Maddison maybe? Or Barnes? Not overly thrilled there

It's an awkward price and lose .3 on him as things stand, plus Chelsea and United probably aren't the brick walls that the red on the fixture ticker suggest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Brought in meslier for guaita. Leeds have a dgw coming up and that was in my mind. Also palace leaking goals

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Grealish: Do I stick or twist?

Genuinely don't know who I'd replace him with... Maddison maybe? Or Barnes? Not overly thrilled there

It's an awkward price and lose .3 on him as things stand, plus Chelsea and United probably aren't the brick walls that the red on the fixture ticker suggest

I'm keeping him for now hes been very unlucky with points last few weeks. It's not as if hes actually playing badly so there's that potential there you won't really get with other players of similar price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Holding a transfer this GW. Nothing at all I can see worth doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Nobody replying in the WC thread so thoughts on this WC lads...

McCarthy, Meisel
    Chilwell, Robertson, Dallas, KWP, Justin
    Bruno, Salah, Soucek, Anguissa, Son
    Bamford, Adams, Vardy

0.2 banked.

All players have DGWs bar Son. Plan is to FH the week before and bench boost on DGW.

Advertisement