Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Week 16 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Lundstram wrote: »
    Holding a transfer this GW. Nothing at all I can see worth doing.

Same. Was looking at replacing Wilson but no one is jumping out at me in that price range and maybe he might pick up something against a patched up Pool defence. Two fts will be more valuable next gwk I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Lemlin wrote: »
    Nobody replying in the WC thread so thoughts on this WC lads...

McCarthy, Meisel
    Chilwell, Robertson, Dallas, KWP, Justin
    Bruno, Salah, Soucek, Anguissa, Son
    Bamford, Adams, Vardy

0.2 banked.

All players have DGWs bar Son. Plan is to FH the week before and bench boost on DGW.

Vardy is reported to be rotated this GW if you didn't know, was reported in one of the threads yday.

3-4-3 each/most weeks?

Only thing I would say is the lack of City but tbf, they haven't been on form at the moment. Have you any plan to get KDB or someone in should they begin to click?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

McCarthy, Meisel
    Bamford, Adams, Vardy

0.2 banked.

All players have DGWs bar Son. Plan is to FH the week before and bench boost on DGW.

Hard to fault that squad. Would you consider starting with Kane instead of Vardy? I know Spurs have been awful but good chance Vardy could be rested against Palace. KWP has two tricky away fixtures in the DGW. Think I'd prefer a West Ham defender even though they haven't been keeping too many clean sheets, but they have Burnley and West Brom at home that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

McCarthy, Meisel
    Bamford, Adams, Vardy

0.2 banked.

Good squad with dgw bench boost in mind. Only concern might be Vardy, seems to be a lot of talk of him being rested this gw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

McCarthy, Meisel
    Bamford, Adams, Vardy

0.2 banked.

Chilwell and Vardy are unlikely to start this GW.

Very good otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hard to fault that squad. Would you consider starting with Kane instead of Vardy? I know Spurs have been awful but good chance Vardy could be rested against Palace. KWP has two tricky away fixtures in the DGW. Think I'd prefer a West Ham defender even though they haven't been keeping too many clean sheets, but they have Burnley and West Brom at home that week.

I've had KWP from the start of the season and would lose value on him.

I don't have the extra funds for Kane. Vardy may be rested but I want to just play the WC without having to plan for future transfers because you don't know what will happen re injury etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

McCarthy, Meisel
    Bamford, Adams, Vardy

0.2 banked.

I assume Meisel is a typo for Leeds keeper? Giving yourself a rotation headache if that's the case.

Also think you have a lot invested in defence. Maybe Chilwell to Zouma? Frees up funds then you can upgrade Soucek or Anguissa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Had 2FT so used one to go from DCL to Tammy Abraham....was looking at Abraham’s some Stats and any time he gets a run of games he tends to deliver and Werner is not scoring so gambling that we see Tammy start the next 3 or 4 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

McCarthy, Meisel
    Bamford, Adams, Vardy

0.2 banked.

Impressive team. Bissouma instead of Anguissa? Easier fixtures for next 2 weeks. Transfer to Anguissa or similar in 19.

I assume Meisel is a typo for Leeds keeper? Giving yourself a rotation headache if that's the case.

Also think you have a lot invested in defence. Maybe Chilwell to Zouma? Frees up funds then you can upgrade Soucek or Anguissa.

I will play McCarthy most weeks. Meisel just for the DGW. Will transfer him out more than likely then.

Chilwell to Zouma only frees up 0.2. Zoruma 5.9. Chilwell 6.1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ignoring price, who would you go for between Dias, Cancelo and Stones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

The long term plan for a while has been to get Kane in this week... so Kane and Soucek in for DCL and Grealish.

But it's 3 blanks in a row for Kane and unimpressive underlying stats to go with it.

However looking at other options who look to be on form and have a double in 19, they all look at risk of rotation this weekend -

Vardy - Rodgers has said he'll rotate the majority of the team
    Abraham - Lampard has hinted at rotation/droppings due to the Arsenal result
    Martial - an on-form and quality Cavani waiting in the wings

Was thinking of one of the above and Robbo for DCL and Lewis. Could do Robbo and Adams, but it's leaving funds on the bench again and I don't think Adams has much of a ceiling.

So I'm still thinking of Kane. He's done it year in year out and rarely goes on a very long dry streak. It arguably doesn't come better than Fulham and Leeds at home too - and then Sheffield in the double to follow isn't bad either. Son is better value but the lack of good striking options and the abundance of good midfielders draws me towards Kane.

siblers wrote: »

1 Cancelo (higher ceiling, should be nailed now with Walker out)
    2 Dias (less rotation risk)
    3 Stones (may noot start)

Morzadec wrote: »
    The long term plan for a while has been to get Kane in this week... so Kane and Soucek in for DCL and Grealish.

But it's 3 blanks in a row for Kane and unimpressive underlying stats to go with it.

However looking at other options who look to be on form and have a double in 19, they all look at risk of rotation this weekend -

Was thinking of one of the above and Robbo for DCL and Lewis. Could do Robbo and Adams, but it's leaving funds on the bench again and I don't think Adams has much of a ceiling.

So I'm still thinking of Kane. He's done it year in year out and rarely goes on a very long dry streak. It arguably doesn't come better than Fulham and Leeds at home too - and then Sheffield in the double to follow isn't bad either. Son is better value but the lack of good striking options and the abundance of good midfielders draws me towards Kane.

Good chance Cavani will start over Martial this GW. Might be worth going for, if he impresses, he should see more game time too. Good differential too.

I'm in the same boat with Kane, was always the move (Kane, Brewster in - Welbeck, Wilson out) but been flip flopping all morning. Kane unconvincing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

siblers wrote: »

I brought in Dias about 5 weeks ago as Pep basically said Dias plays every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've got big fear that Lampard will finally play Werner through the middle today.... but also could not play him at all after being subbed at HT

Currently sold him for Kane on the WC, and yet I'm deeply uncomfortable about it. The absolute fear could derail my season if it goes badly :pac:

Currently only made a few changes:

McCarthy - Johnstone
    Bednarek - Coufal - Dallas - Justin - Taylor
    Grealish - Son - Bruno - Salah - Soucek
    Adams - Kane - Bamford

Essentially:

Targett -> Bednarek
    DCL -> Adams
    Werner -> Kane

I'll be entirely honest, I may have made my team weaker here? Inevitably happens when I'm obliged to use a WC and plan too far in advance.

If I'm planning for the double it's silly to have Grealish and both Kane and Son. But I expect I'll swap Kane for Vardy or Werner... and maybe Grealish for someone. Closer the time.

City's current fixtures don't scream requiring cover, but KdB is bound to click at some point

I'm sick of all this mild tinkering, that in fact will decimate my team!

I've got big fear that Lampard will finally play Werner through the middle today.... but also could not play him at all after being subbed at HT

Currently sold him for Kane on the WC, and yet I'm deeply uncomfortable about it. The absolute fear could derail my season if it goes badly :pac:

McCarthy - Johnstone
    Adams - Kane - Bamford

Essentially:

Targett -> Bednarek
    DCL -> Adams
    Werner -> Kane

I'll be entirely honest, I may have made my team weaker here? Inevitably happens when I'm obliged to use a WC and plan too far in advance.

If I'm planning for the double it's silly to have Grealish and both Kane and Son. But I expect I'll swap Kane for Vardy or Werner... and maybe Grealish for someone. Closer the time.

City's current fixtures don't scream requiring cover, but KdB is bound to click at some point

Do you think Johnstone is a better pick than the Leeds keeper? I picked the Leeds keeper as they gave two at home in DGW for bench boost.

McCarthy - Johnstone
    Adams - Kane - Bamford

Essentially:

Targett -> Bednarek
    DCL -> Adams
    Werner -> Kane

None of the strikers are really in form but I'd rather Kane over Werner and at least you can do Kane to Vardy when Kane inevitable lets us down.

Villa have tough fixtures so won't be many cleansheets so Bednarek is a good shout with their fixtures

Adams is solid for his price, should have scored against Fulham

1 Cancelo (higher ceiling, should be nailed now with Walker out)
    2 Dias (less rotation risk)
    3 Stones (may noot start)
    F1ngers wrote: »
    I brought in Dias about 5 weeks ago as Pep basically said Dias plays every game.

Sound, went for Dias in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Do you think Johnstone is a better pick than the Leeds keeper? I picked the Leeds keeper as they gave two at home in DGW for bench boost.

Had him all season and have Dallas. More comfortable with Johnstone longterm too. Not overthinking and changing for the sake of it, plus Big Sam innit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Morzadec wrote: »

Same as myself. Always planned to bring Kane in this week and captain and have pulled the trigger and will keep through the DGW. I'd be raging if I chickened out now and he scored well and as you've said he's delivered year in year out at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Bench could be useful this game week with rotation, I sold Lewis for holding and grealish to Maddison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

KDB and DCL out for Son and Kane for a -4. KDB not giving any value for the money spent over the last four gameweeks and I'm not prepared to wait for his form to return.

The plan is to ditch Kane for Vardy for the double when it rolls around.

Had him all season and have Dallas. More comfortable with Johnstone longterm too. Not overthinking and changing for the sake of it, plus Big Sam innit?

Yep I just made the change back. I was back and forth about it but you’re right, it’s Big Sam.

Transfers done for this week. (-4)
    Grealish to Son
    Mings to Lowton

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thought the deadline for today was 4pm, and didn't make any transfer. **** me :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Brought in meslier for guaita. Leeds have a dgw coming up and that was in my mind. Also palace leaking goals

Well this isn’t good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Is it nuts to hold on to KDB?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Tusky wrote: »
    Is it nuts to hold on to KDB?

He is providing fcek all returns for his price, will be out of action for a while and will drop like a stone. Unless you had him from the start you could sell him now and buy him back cheaper later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

He is providing fcek all returns for his price, will be out of action for a while and will drop like a stone. Unless you had him from the start you could sell him now and buy him back cheaper later.

We don't know he'll be out for a while though, there's been no word on their Chelsea match yet.

Advertisement