Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 Error

Options
  • 26-12-2020 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

My Lenovo windows 10 laptop was running slow so I decided to wipe it completely. Half way through it switched off and now it's stuck in automatic repair loop.

I've watched countless YouTube guides and have make changes in config run, bios etc and still no joy.

Any solutions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

tphase wrote: »
    boot off a recovery disk and wipe it eg ubcd or install linux and save yourself the pain of windoze :)

Bit of a silly question do I need another working laptop to install Linux?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

You are pretty much going to have to use a second laptop and use the win 10 installer tool to create a bootable usb drive with a fresh win 10 image.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-10-usb-boot-drive/

degsie wrote: »
    You are pretty much going to have to use a second laptop and use the win 10 installer tool to create a bootable usb drive with a fresh win 10 image.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-10-usb-boot-drive/

Could you send me a link to a win 10 image?

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    Could you send me a link to a win 10 image?

The link is in the article that was provided, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The link is in the article that was provided, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Thank you.

Bit of a silly question but can that iso image be downloaded to a usb and plug in and ready to go? Or do I need to use a programme to change iso image to something else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Thank you.

Bit of a silly question but can that iso image be downloaded to a usb and plug in and ready to go? Or do I need to use a programme to change iso image to something else?

The tool will ask you if you want to create a ISO or a USB, select USB. (This will make it bootable etc..)

On the target computer, at bootup, press for example 'F12' to select what device to boot from, on this page select the USB. (You might need to check with OEM what button you use).

tphase wrote: »
    boot off a recovery disk and wipe it eg ubcd or install linux and save yourself the pain of windoze :)

Can I just install Linux and be done with Windows? Is it just a case of installing Linux onto usb and then install? Will it install ok even though my windows keeps crashing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Can I just install Linux and be done with Windows? Is it just a case of installing Linux onto usb and then install? Will it install ok even though my windows keeps crashing?

Of course you can. During install you can select to remove all the windows partitions and then install linux on the unused space. One thing to be wary of is driver support for linux, you will probably be ok and it's well worth a shot. Plenty of guides on youtube.

degsie wrote: »
    Of course you can. During install you can select to remove all the windows partitions and then install linux on the unused space. One thing to be wary of is driver support for linux, you will probably be ok and it's well worth a shot. Plenty of guides on youtube.

Thanks for your help.

Installed latest version of Ubuntu and it's already much quicker than windows 10. Wish I had have installed it ages ago!

Advertisement