Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutgrove / Loreto / Mountanview

Options
  • 27-12-2020 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi Everyone. Planning to move to Nutgrove / Loreto / Mountanview area - did it get better recently? I am getting a lot of friends telling me that area is dodgy and having a son who is going to attend school from next year makes decision even tougher for me since I am afraid of him getting exposure at some point to those dodgy kids that may live in that area.

Reading boards.ie gave me more confidence, but still would like to hear regarding what is going on in that area nowadays.

Thanks

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 113 ✭✭Dunfyy

Some parts are Good some are bad. Behind the shopping center used to be bad

• Registered Users Posts: 49 nurik922

Dunfyy wrote: »
    Some parts are Good some are bad. Behind the shopping center used to be bad
    Nutgrove crescent?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

It's grand these days, lots of the old social issues have now been eradicated and it's a nice place to raise a young family with good parks, schools, shops and amenities nearby, welcome to the area!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I live outside the area but go there for all shopping as such a good collection of retail outlets in Nutgrove and no cost/problem to park. Aldi and Lidl, Homebase and Homestore and More, Dealz, Boots, Dunnes and Pennys, Argos and good butcher.

Thanks everyone for your advice

• Advertisement

luketitz wrote: »
    It's grand these days, lots of the old social issues have now been eradicated and it's a nice place to raise a young family with good parks, schools, shops and amenities nearby, welcome to the area!

Thanks, i presume then it is only nutgrove crescent which is only remaining bit there? Still halting site there i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Isn't Mountainview known as Holylands? It had a terrible reputation in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Synode wrote: »
    Isn't Mountainview known as Holylands? It had a terrible reputation in the past

It used to be called Holylands, and was changed to Mountainview. Rumours were that it changed name as the estate name on a persons CV was hindering them getting a job....I always presumed it bullsh!t, but I have no idea why it changed its name

Advertisement