Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jon Huber (aka Brodie Lee, Luke Harper) RIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Bryce........

• Registered Users Posts: 54,391 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The papers came out tonight, brilliant

-1 better smack the piss outta mjf......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

The tributes illustrate that he was such a well liked and respected guy, more than anything he seemed to be wonderful Dad and Husband, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,709 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is that really his kid on AEW

• Advertisement

Omg

wow

**** YEAH

hynesie08 wrote: »
    If they tease the discus lariat all night and have that ****ing little biiiiitch child john silver win with it in the main event, I am going to smilecry so hard.......
    hynesie08 wrote: »
    -1 better smack the piss outta mjf......

I love being right...... They've ****ing smashed it tonight........

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Loads of talented people posting great fan-art on Reddit over the last few days. I think this is my favourite...

jHxdDRc.jpg

That was absolutely superb by AEW, what a tribute. They knocked it out of the park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Absolutely beautiful tribute at the end and a wonderfully put together show in the memory of Jon Huber!

In bits here after it.

Rest In Paradise

'The Exalted One'
    'Mr' Brodie Lee!

Celebration of life was right, just a beautiful 2 hours....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

That show had class written all over it, wonderful tribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The song in the tribute video is a Tom Waits song. He's notorious for suing when it comes to using his material it seems.

So Tony Kahn bought the rights to the song.
    https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1344497394721976321?s=19

They're retiring the current TNT title design as well, having given it to Brodie Jnr, and in Jon's honour

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

That was superb

Mick Foley is following CM Punk and also donating the sales of his shirts in January on ProWrestling Tees to Brodies family.

https://twitter.com/PWTees/status/1344507182038077441?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Jesus the comments on those wonderful posts are just poison. Hate so much how social media game d a necessary evil for these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Advertisement

I particularly loved the ending of it, giving the belt to negative 1 Brodie Jr

Schiavone confirmed there's going to be a new TNT belt too

Post show interview

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That video tribute was something else.

ALL of his appearances on BTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hopefully there’s a ten bell salute tomorrow night on smackdown with whatever roster members want to be there. I know there’s meant to be a “war” between wwe and aew but it’s not a war really. But the very end of the video above will get you.

I'm hoping now that AEW have done there tribute episode that the WWE will put together one of there amazing tribute videos for Smackdown tomorrow night.

I'm hoping now that AEW have done there tribute episode that the WWE will put together one of there amazing tribute videos for Smackdown tomorrow night.

I think that’s that’s what will happen. I mean WWE had the acknowledgment on raw and aew did from what I’ve seen did a superb job and fair play to them. Hopefully wwe will do theirs tomorrow night and that way both wwe and aew have celebrated his life and it’s not a pissing contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

This has been the toughest death in wrestling I've had to process. There's been many sad deaths like:

Warrior dropping 24 hours after making amends with WWE.

Eddie being cut down in his prime.

Owen being absolutely robbed of his life.

But this has been a whole other level of tough. This generation of wrestlers has done everything right, learning from the mistakes of previous generations. This sh1t just doesn't make sense. Brodie was only 8 years older than me.

• Advertisement

This has been the toughest death in wrestling I've had to process. There's been many sad deaths like:

Warrior dropping 24 hours after making amends with WWE.

Eddie being cut down in his prime.

Owen being absolutely robbed of his life.

But this has been a whole other level of tough. This generation of wrestlers has done everything right, learning from the mistakes of previous generations. This sh1t just doesn't make sense. Brodie was only 8 years older than me.

Well with warrior and Eddie there was something of a paper trial for lack of the better term to why they might have died but it didn’t make it any less tragic but the why wasn’t as stark.

He’s only five a bit years older than I am. I mean why this hits the wrestlers more is because he’s not someone a generation ahead of some of them, he’s a genuine contemporary of ALL of them. As you say the wrestlers of today live a much healthier lifestyle than past generations. That’s not to say they don’t enjoy themselves but they have other outlets other than the vices of the past.

Advertisement