Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jon Huber (aka Brodie Lee, Luke Harper) RIP

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

For me I think it’s been the toughest death to take as he’s been the closest in age to me without a sudden incident like Eddie or Owen. When Eddie or Owen died I was a teenager so this feels so close to home for me then shad was a crazy accident too which I felt deeply too

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tony Khan has shown nothing but real class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Their dad will be with those kids always.

Safe to say everybody will be rooting and looking out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The final picture had me in tears again.
    I tried so hard to use photos that captured last night and I'm unsure if photos could do it justice. I'm not even sure I have words that can come close but I'll try...
    The entire show was perfect, from top to bottom. The little Easter eggs, the tributes, the matches, and the moments.

I'm not sure what it looked like on tv, and I'm sure sometime soon, I'll see for myself. But I can tell you in person, the love in that building last night was real. It radiated all night long. You could feel it in the air. It was devastating and beautiful and a testament to one of the best people to walk this earth.

I will never ever ever be able to thank @tonyrkhan and the @allelitewrestling family enough. No words will ever work. All I can say is that AEW is the most amazing community and Tony is easily the kindest & most genuine person I've ever met. He loved my husband. He loves wrestling. He loves AEW. And he loves my family. Real, authentic love.

I've been around wrestling a long time. I've seen the absolute worst sides of this business. I don't think I'd believe it either if I didn't live it myself, but please believe me when I say everything last night from @aewontnt was heartfelt and genuine. Not a single person was disingenuous. Nobody was just "putting on a show". It was real and raw emotion and just f--king beautiful.

And in the words of @brodielee "Are you crying?! You little b---h.... it's always f--king something with you @silvernumber1 "

Yup. All of us. Little b
    s. [laughing emoji]

*Also there were so many photos I was tagged in & saved and forgot who send them. So if I'm using your photo please let me know and I'll gladly credit you*

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJeH-OfBs15/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Brian Pillman Jr. posted a video on his instagram of Brodies kid play-wrestling withTop Flight back stage after the show while he does commentary that is kind of bittersweet when you think about what age Pillman Jr. was when his dad died.

Also, someone pointed out on Reddit that it might be a small bit helpful for Brodies wife to be able to talk to Vickie Guerrero considering the circumstances as well.

AEW seem to want to do right by his family and it's great to see becasue he really seems to have been a great guy if you look at the outpouring of stories over the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,391 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Kid's discus lariat is on point!

P.S. Does Ricky Starks ever stop being charismatic AF?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I see some piece of **** has set up/changed their twitter page pretending to be Brodie's son:mad:

EqvLKwbXcAEZWkx?format=jpg&name=large

• Advertisement

WWE released a new video

These Tributes/videos dont get any easier to watch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Nice to see tamina get a chance to say her piece on Brodie.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Words that shítbags like Meltzer and Alvarez should take heed of...

ks1hmht05h961.jpg

Not sure did anyone see it yet but Eddie Kingston on BTE, the man must be some leader in the locker room, a great addition to AEW

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Headshot wrote: »
    Not sure did anyone see it yet but Eddie Kingston on BTE, the man must be some leader in the locker room, a great addition to AEW

Hes an asset, no doubt.

They man isnt even in the comany a year and he has the confidnece to step up like that. And hes not even doing it in a polictal way.

You gotta love they guy. How he never made it before now is a head scratcher.

Guy is over for being an exaggerated verison of himself. Who knew it was that simple. Hed be in the FBI if he went to WWE.

Sort out the booking of MJF (i.e. get him away from the Inner Circle) and slowly turn Kingston babyface, and dear lord in about a year you could have a programme with some of the best promos in a long while.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Sort out the booking of MJF (i.e. get him away from the Inner Circle) and slowly turn Kingston babyface, and dear lord in about a year you could have a programme with some of the best promos in a long while.

MJF in the inner circle is going fine. Whats the rush?

Hes young, so he has time on his side. Hes doing great work promo wise with all members of the faction. I see no issues with it others than it has Jericho wrestling way more than he should.

I was hoping for Kingston face turn upon Pacs return. Original death triangle vs Kingston as a face appealed to me, alws teh went the opposite direction which is also cool. Kingston is a modern day Mick Foley in terms of connecting with an audience. You believe him no matter what he does because he believes in himself.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    MJF in the inner circle is going fine. Whats the rush?

Hes young, so he has time on his side. Hes doing great work promo wise with all members of the faction. I see no issues with it others than it has Jericho wrestling way more than he should.

The angle isn't the worst, but it's just so mid card, where he already clearly has the talent to be booked at the top. Anyway not the thread for this.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    The angle isn't the worst, but it's just so mid card, where he already clearly has the talent to be booked at the top. Anyway not the thread for this.

Hes certainly on the right track for the top, but IMO, he's not there just yet. His matches with Cody and Mox suggest hes going in the right direction and time and experience will bring him there.

I compare him to a young John Cena when he won the US title back in 2004. Hes got it, hes got bags of it.... he just needs to get more experience. He has all the tools, there is no rush.

Omega is perfect in the top heel spot. MJF's time will come.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hes certainly on the right track for the top, but IMO, he's not there just yet. His matches with Cody and Mox suggest hes going in the right direction and time and experience will bring him there.

I compare him to a young John Cena when he won the US title back in 2004. Hes got it, hes got bags of it.... he just needs to get more experience. He has all the tools, there is no rush.

Omega is perfect in the top heel spot. MJF's time will come.

I'll reply in the AEW thread

Amanda such a strong powerful woman

Im a fan of AEW already but this just makes me a bigger fan of AEW with how they dealt with Brodies death and the love and respect they've given to Amanda and the family

Advertisement