Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre optic roll out

Options
  • 27-12-2020 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi does anyone know what the craic is with the fibre optic roll out? We recently had the casing / conjuit fitted that the fibre optic cable will be going through. Does anyone have a contact number I can ring to find out when it will be installed or is it Eir or another provider I contact? This will be a first time installation at a new build, Eir came out and put in the provision for the optic cable we just need to find out when it's going to happen for working from home. We have an eircode. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Jimmy2020 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know what the craic is with the fibre optic roll out? We recently had the casing / conjuit fitted that the fibre optic cable will be going through. Does anyone have a contact number I can ring to find out when it will be installed or is it Eir or another provider I contact? This will be a first time installation at a new build, Eir came out and put in the provision for the optic cable we just need to find out when it's going to happen for working from home. We have an eircode. thanks

Whatever you do Jimmy, do not go within an asses roar of Eir. Just do not even humour using them!

They are an absolute shambles to deal with, and thats just for starters. Spent 2 months last March just trying to get an answer from them as to whether or not we could even be connected. Finally had enough, rang Westnet and had an answer within two days. It's the KN Group who then have to feed the cable etc so there is always a delay with these!

Send an email to Westnet, great fibre service (€45 per month for unlimited 500mg speed fibre), great customer service.

One thing though, I'm pretty sure you may need to have an eircode irrespective of whom you go with so I'd get on that pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭peter4918

I agree with what the previous poster has said, give Westnet a call, if it’s available in your area you can’t go wrong with them. I’m with them a good few years now at different addresses and never had a issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jimmy2020

Perfect lads I will contact westnet Tuesday and see how I will get on, I'll keep you updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Not sure if this is what you're asking but here's the map

https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/

Advertisement