Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

silk pillow cases recommendations

Options
  • 27-12-2020 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering can anyone recommend silk pillow cases . Also are they any good or are they a waste of money ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I have a silk blend one I got off Trua Hair but actually find it really unpleasant to sleep on. I know it is supposed to do wonders for skin and hair but I just find it too slippy!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Tell me if you think it makes a diff. I think its a lot of hype. I think sleeping on your back if you can is the only thing really.

But let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I’m looking for a recommendation too.
    Like most products, prices vary wildly online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭appledrop

I've bought one and to be honest I think its over hyped.

Mine is SLIP which would be very good brand but can't say I've noticed huge difference.

Now I would always buy very good quality bed linen anyway so maybe thats why I don't see big change.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Bought silk pillow 2 cases off lilysilk from China. Thought it was pretty nice to sleep on. Would I be unable to sleep without it? No.

• Advertisement

I have a couple of The White Company ones. Don't like them that much either - they're lovely and soft and all but too slippy and the washing and ironing needed... The pink ones are on sale right now: https://www.thewhitecompany.com/row/Silk-Beauty-Pillowcase-For-Hair-and-Skin/p/silk-beauty-pillowcase?swatch=Petal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭appledrop

Cali girl i think its the washing and ironing that's putting me off!

Has to be washed in delicate wash so that's means wash on its own usually as white + thats not easy to clean.

Then it comes out very creased but because its silk only meant to iron on cool iron which is pretty useless for getting out creases!

I'll keep using my one but once I've used it I don't use it again until 2 more bed change cycles!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Elottois

I have a SLIP pillow case. I find it fantastic. There was 2 reasons for the purchase. To reduce hair loss and also to improve the appearance of my skin.

I purchased as part of a pack with silk eye mask and scrunchies and have also been converted to using them now too. I never wake with red patches on my skin any more and I have noticed combined with other products being used, reduced hair loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Elottois wrote: »
    I have a SLIP pillow case. I find it fantastic. There was 2 reasons for the purchase. To reduce hair loss and also to improve the appearance of my skin.

I purchased as part of a pack with silk eye mask and scrunchies and have also been converted to using them now too. I never wake with red patches on my skin any more and I have noticed combined with other products being used, reduced hair loss.

That is great! I have tried and found no difference at all, hair and skin the same as ever. I'm not a big fan of the slippiness either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ennione

I have a Blissy. Got it as a Christmas present last year. I think they are very expensive, but I got sucked in by the hype. I genuinely don't know if it makes any difference to my hair or skin, but I love the feel of it against my face. I handwash it, and sometimes I have to revert to my cotton Foxford slip for a day or two. I can really feel the difference. So I couldn't show you results, but it makes me happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I have a Slip one and two Gingerlily Beauty box ones.

I really rate them tbh and having been using them for the past 4/5 years. I have oily skin and used to find that i would “stick” to my cotton pillowcase and have the imprint on my face in the morning :pac: that no longer happens. I also feel my hair is less frizzy

Saying that, they’re quite expensive. I bought my Slip one on sale and used a discount code for the Gingerlily ones. I wash them separately to my bed linen on a short, delicate 20minute wash or with other delicates.

I don’t usually iron them, due to laziness, but find they settle after a day or two on the pillow. I prefer the Slip pillowcase to the Gingerlily as I find it is more robust and longer lasting.

I also have the Slip silk scrunchies which I find brilliant. I have long hair, which is plentiful but very fine... so I get a lot of flyaways even if there is a light breeze. I can’t abide hair ties that are too strong or pull in any way, so the silk scrunchies are perfect for me as they don’t catch or pull, yet my hair stays secure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Ennione wrote: »
    I have a Blissy. Got it as a Christmas present last year. I think they are very expensive, but I got sucked in by the hype. I genuinely don't know if it makes any difference to my hair or skin, but I love the feel of it against my face. I handwash it, and sometimes I have to revert to my cotton Foxford slip for a day or two. I can really feel the difference. So I couldn't show you results, but it makes me happy.

Are you hot and sweaty in the cotton ones and any difference in the Blissy ones?

Advertisement