Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Die Hard WW Game Thread ( An action movie that takes place at Xmas! )

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Necro wrote: »
    I have the answer to that too!! It was in the morning announcement, the win cons are intriguing!!

Team action: On any given day, you can cut the power to Nakitomi Plaza and this will end the day. The vote counts will be stopped also. Whatever the vote count is at that point of the day will be the final vote count. You can do this any day except day 1. And the action can only be performed within the last 4 hours of the day. EOD is 9pm, so you can perform it anytime between 5PM and 9PM. The counter will be locked at that time stamp, the day will end when the game mod sees the action happen.

Win condition:
    “Figure we take out the terrorists. Lose twenty, twenty-five percent of the hostages, tops.” You can kill as many wolves as you want. But if you take out anymore than 20% of the village team, you team will automatically lose. You don’t have a team kill, just the actions listed below. You achieve victory when there is no way you can be beaten.

Still a weird scenario for her not to self pres or Senan not to vote at all. Unless they figured there might be late self pres votes all around and she might get through it. Senan was on shortly after lynch.

How you ended on 3 votes is annoying me though, if a villager did it, id expect a claim to say so. Baggly or Eva were also on 2 votes but didn't self pres either so unless they (1 of them) knew they had the manipulator/double vote to save them. Still a risky strategy.

I'm spitballing here but just trying to make sense of last night

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    if there are 2 there could be more
    what do you make of emily the dead seer?

I found it interesting. I have no problem her being seer, I have not claimed that role. I was given a once off peek and I gave you the result.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Lying about a peek as a wolf is pointless. Yeah grand it might take a villager off the board but then you're bollocksed. Only to be used at end game when you can win after the lynch really, imo.

Brendan is telling the truth, I'm a villager - whether that power comes from a good or a bad place I don't know.
    Patrick WW wrote: »
    Brendan should be taken at face value IMO until evidence suggests hes lying.

So you both think the village has two seers?

What about an evil seer who claims to have a one time peek? Is that plausible?
    It’s a lot more plausible to me that two seers or even a seer and a village one time peek

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

I found it interesting. I have no problem her being seer, I have not claimed that role. I was given a once off peek and I gave you the result.

May imI ask why you were forth coming about your information?

Not doubting you, just curious.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Let me give you a third. I'm the village vig and everyone jumping on me has made me useless. Congrats.

I think it’s much more likely that we have a Neutral Team 2 with similar powers to Team 1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Katie WW wrote: »

It’s a lot more plausible to me that two seers or even a seer and a village one time peek

Where did I say that? I dunno what place it's coming from, other than that the info they provided is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

From a flavour point of view who is the second neutral team. We have the terrorists, fbi.... Is there anyone else in the movie that could be assigned as another neutral team with their own agenda? I don't actually think so tbh.

I'm not so sure there is still a second team based on numbers. Could be but I wouldnt be 100% on it.

Maybe but a team called neutral team 1 indicates a team 2 to me aswell. Your right on numbers though however the neutral team needs to get wolves and only wolves which is helpful to us. We need to eliminate everyone non village, they have to play carefully to avoid the 20% mark

I think it’s much more likely that we have a Neutral Team 2 with similar powers to Team 1

Katie, what is your take on Brendans reveal?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Baggly wrote: »
    From a flavour point of view who is the second neutral team. We have the terrorists, fbi.... Is there anyone else in the movie that could be assigned as another neutral team with their own agenda? I don't actually think so tbh.

Ellis, I guess. John McClane if you squint really hard? Can't see other teams per se

• Advertisement

Angus WW wrote: »
    Still a weird scenario for her not to self pres or Senan not to vote at all. Unless they figured there might be late self pres votes all around and she might get through it. Senan was on shortly after lynch.

How you ended on 3 votes is annoying me though, if a villager did it, id expect a claim to say so. Baggly or Eva were also on 2 votes but didn't self pres either so unless they (1 of them) knew they had the manipulator/double vote to save them. Still a risky strategy.

I'm spitballing here but just trying to make sense of last night

I’ve asked that question a couple of times but nobody seems bothered. We know now that Team 1 had some vote manipulation power.

What if Neutral Team 2 had that power to add a vote, if one of their team thought they were in trouble ans added a vote to Necro? We’d be looking at one of the people on two votes that’s not Necro. So Eva and Baggly in that scenario.

Eva would fit into my Team 2 vig theory. Don’t know where Baggly fits in, I can’t get a read on him yet

May imI ask why you were forth coming about your information?

Not doubting you, just curious.

As I said in my FFA yesterday, I contemplated putting Necro and Baggly in for their back and forth comments yesterday. Especially Necro as he was pushing so hard to be village it felt off. So I decided to peek him.

Also when he plays non anon I have to check there isnt a bias there as I know he is an experienced player.

Now that I know he is village I am wondering why Baggly is still trying so hard to push he isn't. I came forth as a few people had questions about Necro yesterday and I thought using the peek would sort it once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

there can also be a drunk seer. im thinking that cop who loves the twinkies

I'd agree with this. I dont know the film inside out but there was the dickhead reporter lad and was there not one of the work colleagues who was helping the bad guys? Could be a combo of those or other FBI lads but stretching a little

Katie, what is your take on Brendans reveal?

See here

What’s yours? That there’s two seers? Or that there’s a seer and peek? It seems strange if that’s the case

Why call it neutral team 1 if there’s no team 2?

Where did I say that? I dunno what place it's coming from, other than that the info they provided is correct.

Well that’s super defensive!

I’m asking your opinion on how we have another seer/one time peek, straightforward genuine question

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Well at least I'll get to be smug when it's revealed that you're wrong :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Why call it neutral team 1 if there’s no team 2?

I think we would have had a 2nd team with more players. We may still but can't be sure.

Well that’s super defensive!

I’m asking your opinion on how we have another seer/one time peek, straightforward genuine question

It's possible another character on the good side has a one time peek power as a counterweight to having no apprentice seer.

It's also possible it's a wolf/neutral power.

• Advertisement

As I said in my FFA yesterday, I contemplated putting Necro and Baggly in for their back and forth comments yesterday. Especially Necro as he was pushing so hard to be village it felt off. So I decided to peek him.

Also when he plays non anon I have to check there isnt a bias there as I know he is an experienced player.

Now that I know he is village I am wondering why Baggly is still trying so hard to push he isn't. I came forth as a few people had questions about Necro yesterday and I thought using the peek would sort it once and for all.

Did you contemplate keeping your info secret? Like peek Necro and keep it to yourself?

How did you get a peek if you are not seer? Sorry if you have answered this one already?

See here

What’s yours? That there’s two seers? Or that there’s a seer and peek? It seems strange if that’s the case

To clarify.... you believe Brendan but doubt his information, correct?

Vote going in.... lets see what happens

Did you contemplate keeping your info secret? Like peek Necro and keep it to yourself?

How did you get a peek if you are not seer? Sorry if you have answered this one already?

Nope I didnt contemplate keeping it to myself, hence I announced it this morning, because I felt it would hopefully answer a few people from yesterday and move game along, instead of getting stuck.

I had the peek from the beginning of the game as part of my role.

It's possible another character on the good side has a one time peek power as a counterweight to having no apprentice seer.

It's also possible it's a wolf/neutral power.

Which do you think is the more likely scenario?

Keep in mind that I’d think it’s very unlikely for you and Brendan to be on the one team with this reveal.
    He said he was peeking before we knew Emily was the seer, it’s a strange play and strange mechanic if there’s village seer and one time peeker

Nope I didnt contemplate keeping it to myself, hence I announced it this morning, because I felt it would hopefully answer a few people from yesterday and move game along, instead of getting stuck.

I had the peek from the beginning of the game as part of my role.

Gotcha. Thanks Bren

Keep in mind that I’d think it’s very unlikely for you and Brendan to be on the one team with this reveal.
    He said he was peeking before we knew Emily was the seer, it’s a strange play and strange mechanic if there’s village seer and one time peeker

I think Brendan might be a JOAT.

To clarify.... you believe Brendan but doubt his information, correct?

No I believe his information

I believe he had a peek last nite, that he peeked Necro and that Necro came back as village

I’m not sold that it was a one time peek and I’m not sold that it was a village peek.
    He could be an evil character, have a peek or be a seer, peek Necro and just give us the real answer

What are your thoughts? You’re asking a lot of question which I like but I’m interested in how you see it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Well at least I'll get to be smug when it's revealed that you're wrong :D

that there is no team 2, or you are not on team 2?

• Advertisement

Forgot when he first insinuated the peek the seer was still alive

Advertisement