Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Die Hard WW Game Thread ( An action movie that takes place at Xmas! )

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Paranoia is rife in this thread

Whats new

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Patrick WW wrote: »

It looks like he cant prove it so.

This bit is correct, go hunting my young padawan

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Katie WW wrote: »
    Why are we wasting our time on this?

We aren't, but I'm bored and in need of entertainment for another hour and a half or so.

Dance for us Angus, Dance!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necro wrote:
    Because that's the role I was given? You can debate it away but it won't change the facts.

Facts require proof.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Baggly wrote: »
    Facts require proof.

Well you'll have that whenever I flip. Cast Iron guarantee. Anyways this is a pointless argument.

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    Well you'll have that whenever I flip. Cast Iron guarantee. Anyways this is a pointless argument.

So we should lynch you to see how you flip yeah?

Bagley, can you be specific as to why you suspect Necro?

So we should lynch you to see how you flip yeah?

Nope, that would be a waste of a lynch. Quite happy fighting my corner.

The meta is getting a bit grating though, judge me on this game not previous games or my supposed 'tells'

Nope, that would be a waste of a lynch. Quite happy fighting my corner.

The meta is getting a bit grating though, judge me on this game not previous games or my supposed 'tells'

Well may main suspicion is not based off meta

Well may main suspicion is not based off meta

The Angus stuff presumably? Fair. No issue with that. Got pocketed by Angus is my excuse there, happens us all

• Advertisement

Forget meta you are playing a strange game Necro. If anyone was behaving as you are, I'd be suss of them.

We both chose non anon so you have to accept meta is gonna come into it. Same for me.

I don't think I'm playing strange, literally doing what I always do. Anyways it's not JUST about me, I am but one person in a 17 (now 14) player game.

That would be my primary issue with all this focus on me, I don't really care about it but there's loads of others to look into

By all means go for it. I can't see past Angus for tonight so we should spend the time looking elsewhere.

The Angus stuff presumably? Fair. No issue with that. Got pocketed by Angus is my excuse there, happens us all

Actually no though it fits into my thoughts.

Im basically thinking your Hans. You were peeked Good.

I believe Brendan peeked you. I see no good reason for him to attempt to clear a wolf.

So your good, and your stating multiple times your a nailed on cleared villager.

The Movie Die Hard has Hans trying to portray himself as a goodie to John. Id expect Hans to be a powerful wolf with a peek good mechanic based off his actions in the movie.

Your so eager to play the cleared villager. So eager me thinks you may be Hans.

Its my theory any how.

Katie, whats your take on my theory and in your opinion, take a guess at Necros role.

Baggly needs to also inform us why hes so hellbent against you

Patrick WW wrote:

I've said it before Necro is offering very wishy washy analysis. He is taking easy explanations and not putting the work in. He is encouraging bad routes of investigation and shouting down others. He is playing a non village game.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,897 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I've said it before Necro is offering very wishy washy analysis. He is taking easy explanations and not putting the work in. He is encouraging bad routes of investigation and shouting down others. He is playing a non village game.

that all reads very impressive, but give a few examples to backup your points

I believe Brendan peeked you. I see no good reason for him to attempt to clear a wolf.

So your good, and your stating multiple times your a nailed on cleared villager.

The Movie Die Hard has Hans trying to portray himself as a goodie to John. Id expect Hans to be a powerful wolf with a peek good mechanic based off his actions in the movie.

Its my theory any how.

Katie, whats your take on my theory and in your opinion, take a guess at Necros role.

I'm only stating it as it keeps coming up as a distraction point.

Let's look at Orla yesterday when I was all over her - you didn't think I was treating her fairly - but that's because she was wriggling like an eel and throwing jibes at me for simply questioning her narrative, which had so many holes in it.

See in particular the bolded stuff - it's to try and guilt me into a shift of opinion based off previous games, it's classic wolf behaviour.

(Orla not a wolf I know but she categorically was not village)

She does it with Katie and Angus too in the last post:
    Orla WW wrote: »
    It’s not lies Necro, I’ve stated exactly what it is.

You know what, I’m ok being up for lynch tonight. It will show I’m good and that Necro is either having one of those famous mares he has from time to time (and thus shouldn’t be listened to) or he’s bad and making up flimsy reasons for targeting posters.

When I posted earlier nobody else was on thread so I took it as day 1 fluff. There was nothing to talk about when I posted fluff so your argument is invalid.
    It’s not a Hissy fit, it’s an observation of your very quick and flimsy reading of my posts. And you are making an awful lot of my early posts, I find you creating a narrative that doesn’t exist to be very concerning.
    Actually I'm making feck all of your early posts. There's nothing in them of merit.

It's your vote and then sudden shift in personality when you returned to the thread this evening making it moreso an issue

Going with Necro for now.

Think his read on me is poor and he’s not a poor player. I also think he lied about why he voted for me. He voted for me after my Gifs and vote on Angus then earlier said it was also to do with my behavior when I returned (after he had already voted for me). A misfiring Necro can do just as much damage as a wolf Necro in terms of influencing a village :P

Bad call village.

If I die, Don’t vote off the non posters automatically, they will be modkilled if they don’t post so it’s a handy vote for wolves.

Necro, I’d peek you if I could. Feels like you were integral in my lynching and you know I’m good so are moving to a softer target. (If there’s a seer peek necro).

Katie and Angus have been particularly snarky in a lazy way, so if they are village be careful following their lead, a confused villager can be as bad as a village leading wolf.

Katie and Eva, Eva and Katie, sort of a bit flustered at who is who cause I’ve spent most of the time defending myself to no avail.

You can note in my responses to Orla (and also Baggly) I haven't brought meta (apart from my own) into it at all - I only view the game through this prism.

It's useful for stuff like flavour and previous roles but it serves zero purpose to try and read a player in a game.

Its my theory any how.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    i think ive caught up

emily seer munched-voted angus early yesterday, had a peek night one so don't understand why this means she peeked angus? would she not have done peeking last night after lynch?

senan neutral team, shot by a vig, could be sk or wolf vig?

eva fired a shot at conor that went unannounced

brenda peeked necro-seems fake, dont like brendan at all- wolfy

patrick-not too fond of him

necro and baggly arguing-seems totally fake, at least one non-villager here

frank-crap vanilla villager who has movies to watch

phil & fixxer-even crappier players than frank, thank god

not intentionally crappy, just understimated how busy I would be this week unfortunately

But bar your suspicions youve nothing else to say Necro is a wolf right? Its all just your gut based off his play.

• Advertisement

are the only semi confirmed things we're going on at the moment that Necro is good based off Brendan's peek and Angus being bad, based off Emily being the seer and trying to CFD him?

But bar your suspicions youve nothing else to say Necro is a wolf right? Its all just your gut based off his play.

to me Baggly's analysis all seems to be centered on 'this is how I've seen Necro play as a wolf before, so therefore he is a wolf'

I second this.

You say Necro is wishy washy, yet your own reasons for suspecting him are themselves wishy washy if you will.

Phil WW wrote: »
    to me Baggly's analysis all seems to be centered on 'this is how I've seen Necro play as a wolf before, so therefore he is a wolf'

It appears to be.

I don't think I'm playing strange, literally doing what I always do. Anyways it's not JUST about me, I am but one person in a 17 (now 14) player game.

That would be my primary issue with all this focus on me, I don't really care about it but there's loads of others to look into

I agree with Necro. Unless Bags is signalling here, I feel Bags needs to look else where rather than tunnel Necro.

If you search my responses to Necro you will find them. I'll be on later after the kids are down so if needs be I'll grab some then too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

So in the unlikely chance that I do get a shot later, anyone have any suggestions as to where it should go?

I have my own ideas but I'm less willing to share them as there is no point in telegraphing but I'm curious as to what others think.

Let's go into that a little shall we.

You say wishy washy but I'm actually looking at other posters and trying not to get drawn into an elongated back and forth with you (that you seem hellbent on doing btw).

I pushed Orla hard yesterday - granted, I did not vote for her in the end but that was because she role claimed.

I actually voted Senan, her buddy.

You on the other hand... well, you're basically jumping up and down and calling me a wolf and arguing with anyone who disagrees.

So... pot, kettle, black?

Eva WW wrote: »
    So in the unlikely chance that I do get a shot later, anyone have any suggestions as to where it should go?

I have my own ideas but I'm less willing to share them as there is no point in telegraphing but I'm curious as to what others think.

I'd prob crack one into one of Liz, Kathleen, Frank or Phil tbh. Though Phil does seem to be a little more alive today.

There's defo a non-village in that foursome though imo

• Advertisement

Necro wrote:
    You on the other hand... well, you're basically jumping up and down and calling me a wolf and arguing with anyone who disagrees.

The irony of that post Necro.

Do you want me to focus on you or not like?

Every time I try to move on you bring it back to you. If you want to start looking elsewhere as you claim then go ahead. Until then it just contributes to my theory that you are just appearing busy without actually being productive.

Advertisement