Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Die Hard WW Game Thread ( An action movie that takes place at Xmas! )

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Baggly wrote: »
    So the idea is the wolves still have a night vig and that's who made the munch shot, and that's Eva? I don't buy that as previously discussed but just making sure I understand implications of the deaths so far.

That's A theory, yeah. I'm not sure Eva's actions correlate with her being the vig given she stated she was shooting Conor. Why not just say she was shooting Senan if she was the vig

But I'm pretty set on the wolves also having a vig given the announcement, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Necro wrote: »
    Yeah I think Senan could only block night 1 based off this part:

You are the neutral teams roleblocker. Starting night 1, you can nominate to roleblock anyone of your choice and they will be unable to perform any action during that night phase. You cannot roleblock the same person two nights in a row. (Redacted: Should Big Johnson be killed. You will become an alternate night vig/roleblocker and have a vig or a roleblock on alternate nights. You will be told this at the start of the next days play)

So I don't think even Senan knew this would happen before they died, had he lived he would have found out this morning post munch

i dont get this but is it nor irrelevant given neutral team 1 is eliminated?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sorry, I'll amend that

*I'm not sure if Eva's actions correlate with her being the WOLF vig.

i dont get this but is it nor irrelevant given neutral team 1 is eliminated?

Nah it's trying to piece through what actions were in play last night.

Looks like Senan had a block last night, so it's definitely possible Eva was blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Eva are you going to shoot @ conor again?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Actually no though it fits into my thoughts.

Im basically thinking your Hans. You were peeked Good.

I believe Brendan peeked you. I see no good reason for him to attempt to clear a wolf.

So your good, and your stating multiple times your a nailed on cleared villager.

The Movie Die Hard has Hans trying to portray himself as a goodie to John. Id expect Hans to be a powerful wolf with a peek good mechanic based off his actions in the movie.

Your so eager to play the cleared villager. So eager me thinks you may be Hans.

Its my theory any how.

Katie, whats your take on my theory and in your opinion, take a guess at Necros role.

Baggly needs to also inform us why hes so hellbent against you

Its out there but I like it, it makes sense especially when you throw in something else.

Kathleen's first post in here was to say she was Bill Clay, Hans alter-ego. Maybe she was covering for a wolf buddy inadvertantly, first game, eager to be useful. But that could be another huge stretch and another rabbit hole.

I just found it a really strange first post to make and in a really circular way it could link into your theory

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Katie WW wrote:
    Kathleen's first post in here was to say she was Bill Clay, Hans alter-ego. Maybe she was covering for a wolf buddy inadvertantly, first game, eager to be useful. But that could be another huge stretch and another rabbit hole.

Sorry what. She claimed what.

Aside from the game: Boards really needs that @username feature to be imbedded. No hiding in werewolf then :P

Good Morning. Let me introduce myself...

Clay. Bill Clay.

Yep, she did indeed

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Hiding in plain sight

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Yes the peek is real

I trust you did indeed peek Necro. Im not doubting your information.

Based off your role, how likely is it that your peek is 100 percent true. Like how condident are you that your getting reliabke informatiom from your peek.

Like if this was a Simpsons game and you were Barney the seer, his peeks wouldnt be reliable.

Is there anything in your character Bren that would have you doubt the information youve received is accurate.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I'm not sure. He's still definitely on my watch list.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

I trust you did indeed peek Necro. Im not doubting your information.

Based off your role, how likely is it that your peek is 100 percent true. Like how condident are you that your getting reliabke informatiom from your peek.

Like if this was a Simpsons game and you were Barney the seer, his peeks wouldnt be reliable.

Is there anything in your character Bren that would have you doubt the information youve received is accurate.

Based on my role I would reckon its 100% true

Good Morning. Let me introduce myself...

Clay. Bill Clay.

I commented about it at the time, I thought it was strange but lost it after that
    Katie WW wrote: »
    giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299vhnhzyyjmvd4b2xt3q7wl7m4s5g5wvwpo1wbfwy&rid=giphy.gif
    Sorry what. She claimed what.
    Yep, she did indeed

Looking back now she might not have broken any rule if she's not Hans

Its out there but I like it, it makes sense especially when you throw in something else.

I just found it a really strange first post to make and in a really circular way it could link into your theory

Necro is most likely village.

However Necros boasting about being cleared rubbed me the wrong way. Based off my Hans theory, which is likely hes far from cleared.

I dont like it when Villagers clear themsleves when they are not fully cleared.

I doubt she'll be able to

I'd again like to say I think Eva should be keeping her target a secret if she's village. You're giving the wolves the option to kill you if they don't like your target or leave you alive if they do. Remember they want people dead

I commented about it at the time, I thought it was strange but lost it after that

Looking back now she might not have broken any rule if she's not Hans

She could using flavour. Having fun

She could be covering for a wolf buddy.

She could be Hans and unaware of the obviousness of what her post may attract.

She could using flavour. Having fun

She could be covering for a wolf buddy.

She could be Hans and unaware of the obviousness of what her post may attract.

If she was Hans then surely thats a role claim?

Its not necessarily. It alludeds to it more than claims.

And besides, a wolf claiming to be a wolf wouldnt be punished by in game mechanics. Thats my guess.

Not necessarily. What wolf really character claims - also this from Post 3:
    Shamelessly stolen from another game, but this one thing I will reveal. If you claim your character, the wolves have been given a mechanic to kill anyone who claims their character. you put yourselves at the mercy of the wolves whether you live or die

• Advertisement

I mean the laws of averages state that Kathleen was hamming around with her entry post and having a laugh. But definitely noteworthy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Do you remember Jafar?

My thoughts on the players left - four players that I have zero to go on and two more close behind

Angus WW - wolf

Baggly - tunnelling Necro hard, hasn't really looked at anyone else. I can't tell if this is just a tactic.

Brendan WW - I believe his peek, I don't believe that we have a second villager seer

Conor WW - Pocketed by Conor yesterday because he agreed with my view of Eva, haven't seen anything substantial from him today

Eva WW - apparently shot Conor but no notification. I'm 99% sure she is the Orla of Neutral Team 2, a second vig. Has changed her tune from one shot Sally yesterday to village vig today

fixxxer - who? Nothing to go on

Frank WW - who? Nothing to go on. Apparently went off when under a bit of pressure yesterday, is certainly MIA

JP Liz V1 - who? Nothing to go on

KathleenGrant - I like that Kathleen is reading the thread and posting, this is a tough first game. If Patrick's theory on Hans is correct she's almost definitely a wolf

Necro - peeked good by someone I don't trust and yet I believed that peek. I can see Patrick's theory being correct also. Will have to be killed at some stage just to get him off the board

Patrick WW - Definitely pocketed here. Asks lots of questions, has some good theories. Don't like that he's 90% questions and 10% answers, its easy to hide in questions, less easy to put your thoughts down and risk getting caught out later.

Phil WW - who? Nothing to go on

Y0ssar1an22 - Very little to go on also but is credited with spotting that Emily had fingered Angus so major brownie points when he flips red

Its not necessarily. It alludeds to it more than claims.

And besides, a wolf claiming to be a wolf wouldnt be punished by in game mechanics. Thats my guess.
    I mean the laws of averages state that Kathleen was hamming around with her entry post and having a laugh. But definitely noteworthy.

I think it more to alludes to it - she says let me introduce myself

But definitely as a wolf there'd be no punishment

@patrick - you said you'd tell me later why you voted Kathleen?

Can you find the posts from Eva where she says she's a one shot Katie? Because that most certainly would be a lie based off her posts today

• Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eva WW wrote: »
    I am but I doubt there will be a chance for me to shoot. I had to out myself to not die and then I got roleblocked. There's no way to know if I was blocked by Senan or the wolves. If it was the wolves then they have to kill me tonight because they can't block twice in a row based on power. If it was Senan then they can block me and you'll probably have to lynch me tomorrow to be sure anyway. Either way, I'm no better than NRV as it stands.
    Take it easy on Liz.... shes Homer Simpson slow.

Today I am, playing catch up

I'm still hunching on Patrick, Necro and Baggly either a twosome threesome team, deflecting off scent

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Just regarding Kathleen, this could be her first game but she is more knowlegable than she puts on.

She has explained abbreviations a newcomer would not automatically know and also corrected a misinterpretation of a post showing previous game knowledge.

Not seeing it Katie, I think Eva's claim is much purer than Orla's too fwiw - sequence below:

I'd suggest those voting for me switch. I can prove I'm village but not until after lynch.
    I can shoot someone.

Eva's two claim posts.
    Orla WW wrote: »
    I’d lynch me if I was you or Necro as I will kill one of you after the munch tomorrow

Suddenly Orla piles in with a vig claim (it's true, but still)
    So you have a shot too?

Convenient

Agreed.
    Orla WW wrote: »
    I came out with plenty of time. Necro refused to listen, even Emily asked wtf when he continued to push. I don’t know if Eva is good but of the two of us I at least gave advance warning.

Well done village, top sleuthing tonight

This is a lie. Orla never claimed until Eva did. She made vague cryptic statements about being useful to the village but never claimed until this point. I badgered her about it, go back and have a read.

Also with the pettiness too - again.
    I have no clue on Orla. All I know is my power and you're currently going to be on the hook for lynching an RV

Eva's response much better imo.

• Advertisement

My own amusement.

Advertisement