Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Die Hard WW Game Thread ( An action movie that takes place at Xmas! )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Necro wrote: »
    Nah that's why I disregarded in the first place tbh. Any suspicions yourself after the happenings of the last day or so.

Sometimes a few of us have a tendency to... ahem... dominate the thread so it can be good to have other opinions come to the fore.

Probably gonna take a bit of a backseat today myself and let other people post some more

I see you also think i played before but i really haven't. Ok i guessed JOAT meant Jack of all Trades but it wouldn't take a genius to work it out. I didn't post much yesterday because i was afraid i would say something to mark me for one group or the other. Like my introduction made people think i was Hans yesterday.

Katie WW wrote: »
    Not necessarily, I wouldn’t clear anyone

Patrick had a theory that Hans would peek good

Oh right, thanks. And character claiming? That's the actual character, not your role. So Eva saying she is the village vig is not character claiming?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Oh right, thanks. And character claiming? That's the actual character, not your role. So Eva saying she is the village vig is not character claiming?

Correct. Character claiming would be someone saying 'I'm XXXX one of the characters from the movie'

Correct. Character claiming would be someone saying 'I'm XXXX one of the characters from the movie'

Ok and just one more thing. Why would a person announce themselves to be something if it targets them. Like Eva saying she has shooting powers or Brendan peeking powers if it targets them to be taken out quicker. Like Brendan is gone already and Eva could have been.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ok and just one more thing. Why would a person announce themselves to be something if it targets them. Like Eva saying she has shooting powers or Brendan perking powers if it targets them to be taken out quicker. Like Brendan is gone already and Eva could have been.

Eva came out to avoid a lynch, so to avoid being killed. Brendan had information on a player. Smarter option MAY have been to stay schtum but they made a decision to release that info for what they felt was the benefit of the village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Angus Emily
    Senan Necro
    Orla Angus Frank Fixer
    Necro Baggly Orla Katie
    Conor Eva
    Frank Brendan
    Eva Patrick Conor
    No vote Orla
    Katie Yoss
    Baggly JP Liz Kathleen Grant

i think this is last nights votes. I am unsure if orla's vote was on necro or no vote.
    Senan did not vote night 1?

Necro - peeked by brendan the JOAT - good (95% chance)
    Katie WW
    Eva WW - vigilante?
    Baggly
    Patrick WW
    Orla WW - lynched N1 - neutral teams Vigilante
    Angus WW - lynched N2 - wolf role blocker
    y0ssar1an22
    Emily WW - munhed morning 2 - village seer
    JP Liz V1
    Brendan WW - shot morning 3 - JOAT
    Conor WW
    KathleenGrant
    Senan WW - Shot morning 2 - neutral teams roleblocker
    Frank WW - shot morning 3 - NRV
    fixXxer
    Phil WW

neutral team 1 has been eliminated

other:
    brendan peeked necro as village
    eva claimed a failed shot on someone
    wolves had a failed hit on morning 3
    have left out n2 votes as they were all on angus

think this is correct

How many wolves do we think are left?

How many wolves do we think are left?

i think for the minute we need to assume there is no neutral team 2.

i dont do game design but based on 1 neutral team of 2, 17 players total, how many are likely?

i think for the minute we need to assume there is no neutral team 2.

i dont do game design but based on 1 neutral team of 2, 17 players total, how many are likely?

3, max 4. Would make for 5 or 6 non villagers in the group of 17 and 11/12 villagers.

3, max 4. Would make for 5 or 6 non villagers in the group of 17 and 11/12 villagers.

lets plan for the worst. 4 wolves left, or 4 wolves total?

4 left: 7 vs 4

3 left: 8 vs 3

• Advertisement

lets plan for the worst. 4 wolves left, or 4 wolves total?

4 left: 7 vs 4

3 left: 8 vs 3

3 left with a max of 4 imo.

We've done ok, yes we lost our seer and JOAT but have lynched well.

Really would like to find the wolf vig to cut their kill rate in half tbh though

Sorry that would be 4 wolves total, 3 left

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

If there’s no second neutral team why was Necro on three votes N1?

I had kinda assumed that because Team 1 had a vote manipulation then so did Team 2 but that’s shot now

Someone obviously had a second vote. Who benefited from that D1?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Rikand wrote: »
    Day 1: Automated Votals from #1 to #25

Conor WW (1): Eva WW
    Angus WW (1): Emily WW
    Necro (2): Baggly, Katie WW
    Baggly (2): JP Liz V1, KathleenGrant
    Senan WW (1): Necro
    Katie WW (1): y0ssar1an22
    Orla WW (3): Angus WW, Frank WW, fixxxer
    Eva WW (2): Patrick WW, Conor WW
    No Vote (1): Orla WW
    Frank WW (1): Brendan WW
    Not voting (2):Phil WW, Senan WW, No Vote

Phase has ended.

Just double checking these results and then I will return to you

Orla was on three so it makes no sense unless it was her or Senan and he didn’t even vote

What do we do about fixXxer? Just leave him there? Conor's input isn't much better tbh, ditto with Phils.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Morning all

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I had kinda assumed that because Team 1 had a vote manipulation then so did Team 2 but that’s shot now

It wasn't a second vote, they could end the day at a point where no more votes would count. I assumed that was how they got the tie with Necro tbh

What do we do about fixXxer? Just leave him there? Conor's input isn't much better tbh, ditto with Phils.

I was just going to mention fixxxer. With the number of missed votes and missed post counts he must be in line for the lynch tonight. We will need a proper strategy for the lynch later to make it harder for wolves to hide.

Eva WW wrote: »
    It wasn't a second vote, they could end the day at a point where no more votes would count. I assumed that was how they got the tie with Necro tbh

Doesn't look like they could use it on Day 1 though.

Tbh I was just thinking that Orla's 'No Vote' wasn't valid and just counted on me as last valid vote made.

Rules state you can vote for No Lynch but don't say you can 'No Vote'

Baggly wrote: »
    Morning all

Morning Baggly, any thoughts to share?

• Advertisement

There are only 2 votes for Necro.

Necro wrote:

If there is a wolf in that three then it's disappointing they can't contribute more but what else can we do. They need to start posting to give whomever survives something to analyse. Don't want to be getting to end game and village doesn't have anything to go on, either directly from their posts or from their interactions with others.

With two gunmen seemingly in play I don't know if Eva is cleared. I'd be much happier if they started signalling at the last minute who their shot was on.

I'm laying off Necro for now. He is a good player so if he keeps surviving it will raise questions in itself. I still think he is playing non village but in all honesty you guys are right I need to look elsewhere as well.

I wouldn't go past a liz Kathleen wolf team. They voted together on me which had me take note. They need to speek up more or my vote will go to one of them.

Other than that it's hard to see Katie and pat being teammates. That probably bears an ISO and interactions analysis tbh.

Angus and Frank both voted for Orla and Brendan voted for Frank so does that mean Frank is bad?

If Brendan only had one peek and used that on Necro, how could he be sure you were good?

He couldn't but the best way of proving me good would be to put in a protect on me and hope that wolves went for me. We can't be 100% sure that I was the one protected. If Brendan was alive and said "Yeah I protected Eva" that would prove I'm not a wolf because they can't munch their own...sadly he is not, so I'm still a maybe but the fact that I shot Frank today does prove I have a gun at least.

I'd be amazed if there wasn't a protect on you, given you were an outed role.

So it's either brendo took the hit or you weren't targeted.

I was just going to mention fixxxer. With the number of missed votes and missed post counts he must be in line for the lynch tonight. We will need a proper strategy for the lynch later to make it harder for wolves to hide.

what are the chances he is mod killed?

bear with me here....if he is a NRV and will be modkilled are we better of lynching him?

otherwise its a free kill for the wolves. there are pros and cons to weigh up but there is merit in having the discussion i think

Angus and Frank both voted for Orla and Brendan voted for Frank so does that mean Frank is bad?

Scrap that. Forgot Frank was dead. I see i am going to need to get a pen and paper. The auld mind is not as sharp as it used to be.

Baggly wrote: »
    I'd be amazed if there wasn't a protect on you, given you were an outed role.

So it's either brendo took the hit or you weren't targeted.

The only other option would be that he protected Necro but there is always the old "peeks Good" option to be wary of.

I'm interested in what you were saying about Patrick and Katie not being on a team because I think they might be.

what are the chances he is mod killed?

bear with me here....if he is a NRV and will be modkilled are we better of lynching him?

otherwise its a free kill for the wolves. there are pros and cons to weigh up but there is merit in having the discussion i think

Why would he be mod killed?

• Advertisement

The only other option would be that he protected Necro but there is always the old "peeks Good" option to be wary of.

I'm interested in what you were saying about Patrick and Katie not being on a team because I think they might be.

They've had a number of scuffles in the past couple of days that have kind of fizzled out. Couple of people pointing to myself and Baggly's interactions as staged (spoiler: They aren't) but maybe we should take a closer look at them

Advertisement