Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Die Hard WW Game Thread ( An action movie that takes place at Xmas! )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Also why don't you want a peek or shot on yoss?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Baggly wrote: »
    Why have you been suss of my liz?

Give us that.

No issue with anyone being on me, but do have an issue with people being on me for no reason and then not putting in the work on others too.

At first I thought you were in the same team as Necro and you were going after him to throw us off scent but he has been proven good by a peek so I think you and Patrick WW are in the same team which is wolf

I must go back over your posts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Baggly, i voted for you because you were after Necro. You called him a wolf without giving reasons to back it up and when he tried calling you out on it you started deflecting. I didn't trust Necro, i didn't trust anyone really but you seemed to just want Necro gone. So i distrusted you more. Nothing more, nothing less.

Can you give us reasons on your suspicions liz

You seem to shoot out arrows of suspicion all over the place instead of honing in on one person and following it through. Today it's Liz, it's me. It seems like wolf behaviour to me to get people suspicious of everyone.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I really should have tried to shoot Conor again. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Eva WW wrote: »

I'm not opposed to lynching one of Conor, Patrick or fixXxer if we want to be conservative.

And tbh, I'm not the conservative type :D

Necro wrote: »
    I feel stupid mentioning it on thread tbh. One of those silly brainfart moments.

Actually Necro Katie is right. You had said you were going and would be back later and then the above. Your answer doesn't really hold water.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Actually Necro Katie is right. You had said you were going and would be back later and then the above. Your answer doesn't really hold water.

I was referring to mentioning that Brendo was the JOAT yesterday

I was referring to mentioning that Brendo was the JOAT yesterday

That is the answer that doesn't hold water. I'm not buying it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Apologies if this is a wall of text. I think Conor and Patrick are wolves. Hopefully this will explain why.

Conor's first few posts are just agreeing with other people really. Then nothing for a few hours.
    Conor WW wrote: »
    Afternoon folks

I’d agree with this. Cant really think of more than a wolf team and sk alignments based on what I know of DH. I guess we’ll find out for sure over the next few days as we piece this together
    15 posters, 17 playing I think so a few still to post
    Jesus that’s quiet for a first day, and I include myself there.

I put a vote in for Conor at 19.27 and 10 minutes later Conor slides into the thread with a post, not asking why I've voted him but attacking my FFA (despite not producing one himself).

At this point I'm defending myself against Katie and Patrick already.
    Eva, if orlas Necro interaction is forced then why wouldn’t Necro be in your ffa?
    Eva, explain this to me

You seem to think Katie is a wolf but when you have the chance to ffa her you don’t- because she’s wolfy but useful?

Can you also answer my previous question re orla?
    I haven’t yet
    Interesting that you started posting again after I voted for you.

As for explanation: Katie might be a wolf but if she is, she is a posting wolf and they are easier to catch than low lying ones and they can often be useful in finding other evils. As mentioned in OP, there is likely more than one evil faction.

As for why Orla over Necro it was the combination of the vote on Angus with the forced feeling of the interaction that landed her on my FFA.

I respond to him but he goes ahead and votes for me.
    Conor with a vote on me. Why? Because I voted for you? That's ridiculously lazy

Then Patrick says this:
    Patrick WW wrote: »
    Its similar to what you did earlier with katie no?

Glasshouses n all that

Conor, having already voted for me does respond to my clarification
    Not why orla over Necro, why orla but not Necro based on your reasons for having her there

But ignores this and never changes his vote, despite me stating that I was RV.
    Because Necro didn't vote for Angus just after Emily did.

I challenge Patrick's assertion that myself and Conor are acting in the same way. Patrick ignores this.
    You accused Katie when shes FFAd you. Its not hard to see the similarities with Conors vote on you.
    Yes. I accused her. I didn't ffa her or vote for her. I accused her. It is a game where you are supposed to accuse people. I also engaged with you and others who have accused me about those accusations.

Conor arrived back on thread after I voted for him and voted for me. He didn't even engage about my reasons for FFAing and voting for him. He just wanted to pick holes in my FFA without mentioning himself.

Very, very different

Angus is saying that both me and Orla are claiming because one of us is a wolf, if not both. We know that Orla wasn't so that would leave me...except would Angus say this if I was a wolf?
    Angus WW wrote: »
    The scramble feels like a wolf in a precarious situation
    Angus WW wrote: »
    I actually don't believe either! There is a wolf in the two of these or possibly two. The CFD suggestion from Emily is also notable depending on flips

All of this is before the next day which will follow and hopefully be less wall of text-y

• Advertisement

I think Brendan might be a JOAT.

See KathleenGrant, that was my point.

Baggly, i voted for you because you were after Necro. You called him a wolf without giving reasons to back it up and when he tried calling you out on it you started deflecting. I didn't trust Necro, i didn't trust anyone really but you seemed to just want Necro gone. So i distrusted you more. Nothing more, nothing less.

I did give reasons. And what I went after was him deflecting. Why are you accusing me of deflecting when I was going after him for the same?
    JP Liz V1 wrote:
    At first I thought you were in the same team as Necro and you were going after him to throw us off scent but he has been proven good by a peek so I think you and Patrick WW are in the same team which is wolf

He hasn't been proven good FYI. That peek could be wonky if he is an alpha wolf.

There is also a scenario where we are both villagers. Is there anything else about my posting that leads you to believe Im a wolf apart from me going after Necro?

I think you could be onto something Eva, I don't remember Conor/Patrick engaging with each other at all tbh.

That being said, Conor really only got into a scrap with you day and night 1 then kinda ghosted all of yesterday. They did drop a reads list...

See KathleenGrant, that was my point.

Yes i checked that. I read the pages followinh and the only thing that saves that is Angus saying a few posts under that he has no idea why you would say that if you thought it was true. So ok I'll accept that.

He hasn't been proven good FYI. That peek could be wonky if he is an alpha wolf.

There is also a scenario where we are both villagers. Is there anything else about my posting that leads you to believe Im a wolf apart from me going after Necro?

So Necro is the top wolf, Hans, peek was a lie

Back for at least some of the evening run in. I’ve caught up so going to put some thoughts here

Angus is apparently peeked and doesn’t appear to be disputing it so he’ll likely be the vote tonight. I if you think you’ve caught a. Wolf you kill a wolf. Of the rest;

Eva- I’ve given them a pretty hard time over the inconsistent ffa yesterday. It was and is jank though as they pointed out, day1 ffas aren’t going on much. I still can’t figure the voting since her vote is not wolfy last night but equally orla voted strangely. They’re pretty active which is good, they’ve also claimed a role we need in play so unless it’s countered we wait and see

Necro was peeked good by Brendan, it’s a good look for Necro (see below for Bren and why) it’s possible a wolf is inpeekable but for now we kind of roll with it I think unless something else pops up

Bren- I don’t see a wolf making Seer peek claim this early. He’s been pretty consistent in explaining the peek too so if he’s wolfy it’s the crazy wolf strategy. Couple of notable insights on other players too. Villager for me

Baggly- lots of contribution, but a real fixation on Necro. Seems very meta in his conclusions. I don’t see a wolf staying in that tunnel tbh because it would eventually come back to bite. I’m not seeing what he is at this point so feels like a tunneller

Fixxxer- nothing! That’s really surprises me there. Maybe there’s good reasons I dunno. It’s a bit meta but fixxer isnt a quiet player, although he’s actually too quiet for a wolf at this stage

Phil- another that has nothing. More posts alright but no substantive content. I see questions, I see comments on comments, I see no actual independent thought process. Not a great look there tbh

Frank- 9 of his fifteen posts are one line.15 of his fifteen posts do nothing to solve the game. He hasn’t even engaged on last nights events. I see why he’s being called out tbh

So far of this set Frank and Phil stick out. Bren I have as village. Necro &Baggly feels like a village/village tunnel but the peek is probably influencing me there tbh. I’d be leaving fixxxer to self resolve at the moment, I don’t see him being here long if he doesn’t engage

Going to look some more in a bit of detail now.

Readlist - doesn't mention Patrick at all....
    Brendan isnt claiming seer Conor.

And questiony Patrick doesn't even mention it...
    Sorry, not well phrased Patrick. I mean that a wolf outing themselves as having a peek like that in a game with several teams is unlikely I think. It’s a red flag to other teams as well as a difficult lie to keep going for the rest of the game

I think we lynch Conor tonight and Eva can blast Patrick if Conor flips wolf

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    So Necro is the top wolf, Hans, peek was a lie

He could be. Peek wasn't a lie but there is precedence from other games where peeks on alpha return a false positive result.

All I'm saying is don't assume he is home dry good. Until we get conclusive proof keep questioning him.

Necro wrote:
    I think we lynch Conor tonight and Eva can blast Patrick if Conor flips wolf

Conor dropping out yesterday following Eva coming out is very suspicious.

Did you take a shot today Eva yet, if so on who or was it blocked?

• Advertisement

I did give reasons. And what I went after was him deflecting. Why are you accusing me of deflecting when I was going after him for the same?

I am explaining my vote from 2 days ago. You were both deflecting at that time. There could be a scenario where you are both villagers but i am inclined to doubt it. You are both too strong to be put on the same team so one of you is probably not. I just haven't figured which one yet.

I am explaining my vote from 2 days ago. You were both deflecting at that time. There could be a scenario where you are both villagers but i am inclined to doubt it. You are both too strong to be put on the same team so one of you is probably not. I just haven't figured which one yet.

The teams are selected at random so it's entirely possible we would be put on the same team.

We were both deflecting at the time so why me and not Necro? He wasn't peeked at that stage.

Just on this Kathleen, in relation to roles for the game it's usually done by randomisation not based on player strength.

And I'd argue that I'm more a high poster than a strong player in any case :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

What doesn't make sense to you Katie.

Mods say you get an extra vote but it has to be in by 6pm. Wolves submit at 6pm. Lynch unfolds as it does, tips Necro from 2 votes to 3 and forces the tie.

But why would the wolves want a tie with Orla? She wasn’t on their team
    And I switched to Necro at 8.50

I'm a much worse player than Necro. His win %s are much higher.

Ok i didn't know about the random stuff so i suppose i should shut up about stuff i know nothing about.

Katie WW wrote:
    But why would the wolves want a tie with Orla? She wasn’t on their team And I switched to Necro at 8.50

You are missing the point. They may not have been able to change the extra vote in the scenario I outlined.

Ok i didn't know about the random stuff so i suppose i should shut up about stuff i know nothing about.

Not at all, if you didn't ask the question you still wouldn't know the answer. Tis how we learn :)

Game aside for a second, you are right to say why you think things. If you are right you are right and if not people will fill in the blanks. It's how I learned way back when. You are doing fine so don't beat yourself up. Its a discussion based game so just keep posting and you will figure it all out.

• Advertisement

Back for at least some of the evening run in. I’ve caught up so going to put some thoughts here

Angus is apparently peeked and doesn’t appear to be disputing it so he’ll likely be the vote tonight. I if you think you’ve caught a. Wolf you kill a wolf. Of the rest;

Eva- I’ve given them a pretty hard time over the inconsistent ffa yesterday. It was and is jank though as they pointed out, day1 ffas aren’t going on much. I still can’t figure the voting since her vote is not wolfy last night but equally orla voted strangely. They’re pretty active which is good, they’ve also claimed a role we need in play so unless it’s countered we wait and see

Necro was peeked good by Brendan, it’s a good look for Necro (see below for Bren and why) it’s possible a wolf is inpeekable but for now we kind of roll with it I think unless something else pops up

Bren- I don’t see a wolf making Seer peek claim this early. He’s been pretty consistent in explaining the peek too so if he’s wolfy it’s the crazy wolf strategy. Couple of notable insights on other players too. Villager for me

Baggly- lots of contribution, but a real fixation on Necro. Seems very meta in his conclusions. I don’t see a wolf staying in that tunnel tbh because it would eventually come back to bite. I’m not seeing what he is at this point so feels like a tunneller

Fixxxer- nothing! That’s really surprises me there. Maybe there’s good reasons I dunno. It’s a bit meta but fixxer isnt a quiet player, although he’s actually too quiet for a wolf at this stage

Phil- another that has nothing. More posts alright but no substantive content. I see questions, I see comments on comments, I see no actual independent thought process. Not a great look there tbh

Frank- 9 of his fifteen posts are one line.15 of his fifteen posts do nothing to solve the game. He hasn’t even engaged on last nights events. I see why he’s being called out tbh

So far of this set Frank and Phil stick out. Bren I have as village. Necro &Baggly feels like a village/village tunnel but the peek is probably influencing me there tbh. I’d be leaving fixxxer to self resolve at the moment, I don’t see him being here long if he doesn’t engage

Going to look some more in a bit of detail now.

Like, how can Conor not have any opinion on Patrick - he's third highest poster with 122 posts to date?

This absolutely stinks!!

Someone idiot check me please

Advertisement