Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Die Hard WW Game Thread ( An action movie that takes place at Xmas! )

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Necro wrote: »
    I feel stupid mentioning it on thread tbh. One of those silly brainfart moments.
    Katie WW wrote: »
    What’s this about??
    I literally said out loud that I thought Brendan was a JOAT

Your tenses are wrong though

Why are you ignoring this Necro?

Your tenses are wrong on the first post for your explanation. You’re speaking in the present tense when you should be speaking in the past tense.

Either I felt stupid or I feel stupid for having mentioned it

It feels like something from a BR

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Morning folks

Struggling with something from last night.

Orla isn’t evil based on her voting strategy, but she flips as a non- village team (I don’t actually know what neutral team means- good/bad/ in the middle). In a tight vote I don’t get her strategy. Anyone got any thoughts on why she’d play that way when self pres is an option and she’s a powerful role?
    What are everyone’s thoughts to on the second team. Does it rule out an SK? Ellis is mentioned in the op but nothing there to indicate a second team. What sort of split makes sense in a17 player game with potentially two teams and an SK. 3/3/1 maybe?
    Eva’s ffa was basically a pile of poo with lots of holes. That’s my issue with it. Her votes aren’t consistent with that in a tight race though, hence my confusion. It’s not helped by orlas flip since her vote looks village too

What is your read on Eva?
    Serial killer- a one person team
    Angus WW wrote: »
    I dont buy both Eva and Orla having a shot, Eva survived and then has been in hiding since relatively speaking. I think they were both on the same time trying to avoid the lynch hence the lack of switching
    Eva WW wrote: »
    Imagine a day 1 FFA being crap...at least I did one. You won't have to worry about me too much longer though as I put in a shot on you and I imagine team evil have a target on me too.
    *same team
    Not just crap, inconsistent as fook
    True, but both won't have a shot on N1 which was what was indicated by Eva last night. We know now Orla wasn't lying even if she wasn't village
    Cool, did you not want any thoughts on who you should shoot today? Given you'd already somewhat revealed you have a bullet, did you not think to ask for some village concensus? Or at least input?
    How inconsistent? You were on it, I voted for you. Here's the thing, generally the only people who can be certain are evil because they know who is good. Not sure how that works in this game with factions but evils usually work as a team so they know more.
    If we’ve a vig they have to be on you, which means I’m dead if you really have a shot. Not a great move for village since I’m village tbh
    Vig should be bg
    Inconsistent as in calls out Necro orla but no Necro on the ffa

A pile of poo
    Jesus Christ. Now I wish I was dead. You get that there are more than 3 baddies right?

Where was yours?
    Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't read my many explanations. ORLAs interactions with Necro felt forced...as in contrived/desperate/scrambling. When combined with her Angus vote she was on my FFA.

I also thought Katie may be evil (though less so now as she moved her vote) but I didn't include her because while suspicious she is more helpful than the 3 who made my list.

Where was your FFA? Why am I constantly having to defend mine when so many didn't even do one?
    Hang on there, how many baddies are there. I was trying to work this out based on having a neutral team this morning so if you know maybe you’d share?

Also, what’s the story with your shot?

I am counting neutrals as baddies...ie not team village. We know there were 2 now, and I'm going to guess that there are 3 wolves.

Either someone protected you or roleblocked me. I'd guess that it's a roleblock based on lack of BG flavour. If you really are village then that's a good thing.

This is all around munch announcement. Conor and Angus pushing the narrative that I'm evil. If nothing else, Angus's wolf flip should give me some credibility at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necro wrote:
    Someone idiot check me please

You are an idiot but I do agree with the analysis.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Why are you ignoring this Necro?

Your tenses are wrong on the first post for your explanation. You’re speaking in the present tense when you should be speaking in the past tense.

Either I felt stupid or I feel stupid for having mentioned it

It feels like something from a BR

Because it's nothing, I've already explained it

I really should have tried to shoot Conor again. :(

I don’t agree with that, based on Angus’s posts Frank was the most wolfy left, it was the right call

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did you take a shot today Eva yet, if so on who or was it blocked?

Yes. I shot Frank. I thought he was evil and was wrong. If you read the flavour, it's pretty clear that a goody was doing the shooting.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Baggly wrote: »
    You are an idiot but I do agree with the analysis.

Fair :D

Because it's nothing, I've already explained it

You’ve given an explanation

Explain why you’re speaking in the wrong tense

I don’t agree with that, based on Angus’s posts Frank was the most wolfy left, it was the right call

Nah, he was village so it didn't help. I hate being a vig, I am truly crappy at it.

You are missing the point. They may not have been able to change the extra vote in the scenario I outlined.

Then why use it? Or who did it benefit?

• Advertisement

You’ve given an explanation

Explain why you’re speaking in the wrong tense

Because I still feel stupid mentioning it yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Ok some questions.
    What does "flips" means as in if someone "flips wolf"?
    What is this ISO that people mentioned?
    If wolves vote at 6 is that somewhere else or on the lynching thread? Because surely if they only vote after 6 people would see that.

Ok some questions.
    If wolves vote at 6 is that somewhere else or on the lynching thread? Because surely if they only vote after 6 people would see that.

Flip - death reveal.

So if Conor is revealed as a wolf it makes it more likely Patrick is one, currently anyways

ISO is just to ISOlate a player's posts and do some form of analysis on them

The third is only a theory for an extra vote. All players have till 8.59pm to cast a vote.

Katie WW wrote:
    Then why use it? Or who did it benefit?

I don't know Katie tbh. It could have been a punt or an educated guess. It might not have been a wolf. It could be a RV as well. I'm just speculating based on mechanics I've seen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He could be. Peek wasn't a lie but there is precedence from other games where peeks on alpha return a false positive result.

All I'm saying is don't assume he is home dry good. Until we get conclusive proof keep questioning him.

I'm too dumb for mind games, I'm confused, false positive I'm thinking I'm in the Covid thread

If Necro proves bad and Baggly good, well then I will

............................. be proven wrong

Ok some questions.

Flip means that when their real role is revealed they are either good or bad (or in this game neutral). You'll see flip village/flip wolf or sometimes flip red/flip green with red being evil team and green being village team.

ISO means to isolate one players posts - like what I did with Conor's just a few posts back.

As for the 6pm that only relates to a game mechanic that may or may not have been in play on day one. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I don't know Katie tbh. It could have been a punt or an educated guess. It might not have been a wolf. It could be a RV as well. I'm just speculating based on mechanics I've seen before.

It’s the motive that I’m struggling with

What do you think of Necro using the wrong tense this morning?

I think Conor is our best bet for the lynch as things stand.

I'd like to hear from him first though.

I'd agree with that Baggly.

I'd also like to hear from fixXxer but alas that doesn't seem to be happening

Katie WW wrote:
    It’s the motive that I’m struggling with

Well if its a RV it was day 1 so it was a punt I'd imagine, due to the lack of knowledge. If it was a wolf or neutral then confusion amongst the village is always good for them.
    Katie WW wrote:
    What do you think of Necro using the wrong tense this morning?

I see how you are reading it as past tense from a BR but I can also read it as present tense. I think it's one of those weird tenses that reads both ways.

I'm already suss of Necro anyway so I'll add it to the list but wouldn't think it conclusive to go back into my tunnel on him. Yet.

• Advertisement

yosser, you mentioned that you brought up Angus as a peeked wolf before I did... can you point me to that post please?

FWIW I’m more than happy to lynch Patrick. I said it yesterday loads of Qs and no As. Said he’d explain his Kathleen vote and didn’t

Conor - agreed with my now (probably) wrong assessment of Eva D1, I obviously liked that

@necro when I did the ISO of Angus yesterday I identified Frank as most likely wolf buddy and I had Baggly second, you disagreed, why?
    After him was Fixxer and JP I think

Conor - agreed with my now (DEFINITELY) wrong assessment of Eva D1, I obviously liked that

FYP :P

FWIW I’m more than happy to lynch Patrick. I said it yesterday loads of Qs and no As. Said he’d explain his Kathleen vote and didn’t

Conor - agreed with my now (probably) wrong assessment of Eva D1, I obviously liked that

@necro when I did the ISO of Angus yesterday I identified Frank as most likely wolf buddy and I had Baggly second, you disagreed, why?
    After him was Fixxer and JP I think

See below, went into detail this morning.

Take a read back through the last two pages about Conor and Patrick and see what you think too

I think Baggly's reaction to being suspected has been very consistent.

Look at when Angus FFAs him:

Then a comparison to when I FFA him:

And finally when others start mentioning him.

Fairly consistent throughout, more outraged at the fact he could be suspected, I see it as villagery tbh. He didn't hide from Angus FFAing him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Conor is our best bet for the lynch as things stand.

I'd like to hear from him first though.
    I'd agree with that Baggly.

I'd also like to hear from fixXxer but alas that doesn't seem to be happening

An agreement from you too :eek:

At present I'm on Baggly or Patrick WW for lynch tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    An agreement from you too :eek:

At present I'm on Baggly or Patrick WW for lynch tonight

Why not Conor?
    Also can you tell me why Angus voted twice in lynch thread?

yosser, you mentioned that you brought up Angus as a peeked wolf before I did... can you point me to that post please?

I've had a look and this is all I can find. Necro asks you where else you'd look and you ask if Emily would have had a peek. You don't actually point out it was Angus, which I did just after...I'm guessing this is what you meant?
    Who else would you be looking at so if we leave Eva and Brendan alone for now
    would emily of had a peek yesterday?

yourself, baggly, katie off the top of my head
    It's too early for me to have a definite FFA.
    Frank and Conor stay on my list. Frank's neat posts and feck all since has him top of it.

Katie has moved down my list.

Baggly's fixation with you is suspicious but he isn't the only one who is latching onto one and running with it.

Angus is one I'll be looking at. Emily had a Night 0 peek and chose him to vote for when she was rattling cages.

See below, went into detail this morning.

Take a read back through the last two pages about Conor and Patrick and see what you think too

I agreed with your reading on his consistency

That doesn't mean that you should ignore the evidence from Angus's ISO

This is going to sound paranoid but I've found loads of time in this game where either you or Baggly or both just dismiss stuff. Especially this morning - the extra vote, its like you're both determined to just ignore it when I'd expect ye both to be all over it. Above you're using deflection tactics to ignore something.

You said D1 that I know you wouldn't bus but I'm pretty sure in your head you could frame this as Baggly bussing you. And I know from bitter experience that Baggly has no boundaries.

Why do I feel like the two of you are playing?

I agreed with your reading on his consistency

That doesn't mean that you should ignore the evidence from Angus's ISO

This is going to sound paranoid but I've found loads of time in this game where either you or Baggly or both just dismiss stuff. Especially this morning - the extra vote, its like you're both determined to just ignore it when I'd expect ye both to be all over it. Above you're using deflection tactics to ignore something.

You said D1 that I know you wouldn't bus but I'm pretty sure in your head you could frame this as Baggly bussing you. And I know from bitter experience that Baggly has no boundaries.

Why do I feel like the two of you are playing?

I can only speak for myself but I'm not trying to play you, I'm just a villager trying to figure things out myself.

I haven't dismissed the extra vote, I provided a possible alternative theory for it, Orla's No Vote not counting. Problem is both of our suggestions are pure speculation unfortunately, I'd love to know how I ended up in the mix tbh

• Advertisement

I can only speak for myself but I'm not trying to play you, I'm just a villager trying to figure things out myself.

I haven't dismissed the extra vote, I provided a possible alternative theory for it, Orla's No Vote not counting. Problem is both of our suggestions are pure speculation unfortunately, I'd love to know how I ended up in the mix tbh

It is a good look for you

Advertisement