Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Die Hard WW Game Thread ( An action movie that takes place at Xmas! )

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Conor WW wrote: »
    Back for at least some of the evening run in. I’ve caught up so going to put some thoughts here

Angus is apparently peeked and doesn’t appear to be disputing it so he’ll likely be the vote tonight. I if you think you’ve caught a. Wolf you kill a wolf. Of the rest;

Eva- I’ve given them a pretty hard time over the inconsistent ffa yesterday. It was and is jank though as they pointed out, day1 ffas aren’t going on much. I still can’t figure the voting since her vote is not wolfy last night but equally orla voted strangely. They’re pretty active which is good, they’ve also claimed a role we need in play so unless it’s countered we wait and see

Necro was peeked good by Brendan, it’s a good look for Necro (see below for Bren and why) it’s possible a wolf is inpeekable but for now we kind of roll with it I think unless something else pops up

Bren- I don’t see a wolf making Seer peek claim this early. He’s been pretty consistent in explaining the peek too so if he’s wolfy it’s the crazy wolf strategy. Couple of notable insights on other players too. Villager for me

Baggly- lots of contribution, but a real fixation on Necro. Seems very meta in his conclusions. I don’t see a wolf staying in that tunnel tbh because it would eventually come back to bite. I’m not seeing what he is at this point so feels like a tunneller

Fixxxer- nothing! That’s really surprises me there. Maybe there’s good reasons I dunno. It’s a bit meta but fixxer isnt a quiet player, although he’s actually too quiet for a wolf at this stage

Phil- another that has nothing. More posts alright but no substantive content. I see questions, I see comments on comments, I see no actual independent thought process. Not a great look there tbh

Frank- 9 of his fifteen posts are one line.15 of his fifteen posts do nothing to solve the game. He hasn’t even engaged on last nights events. I see why he’s being called out tbh

So far of this set Frank and Phil stick out. Bren I have as village. Necro &Baggly feels like a village/village tunnel but the peek is probably influencing me there tbh. I’d be leaving fixxxer to self resolve at the moment, I don’t see him being here long if he doesn’t engage

Going to look some more in a bit of detail now.

This is your readslist Conor - this is what you're referring to as getting the info out there presumably?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Sorry Necro, a bit busy batting against a wolf

You shouldn't be.

Im so easy about dying. I winning either way.

Im so happy no matter what Kathleen says

If Kathleen contradicts me, I have bagged 2 wolves.

Im so happy

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Patrick WW wrote: »

Im so happy

But you are a wolf.

The thing I just don't get is how you have no read on Patrick who had circa 100 posts at the time you posted that.

And then you decide to track him, when you even state at the bottom
    So far of this set Frank and Phil stick out.

I mean that's the closest you come to giving a wolf read, two of the lowest posters.

It's very safe, very neutral, trying not to annoy anyone.

Exactly what a wolf would do

• Advertisement

But you are a wolf.

Hows that?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

But she is making an uninformed choice based off the fact she hasnt read up.

Silly vote because she hasnt read up.

And Id wager she cant tell me why she thinks hes a wolf either.

Its a silly vote

doesn't make the vote silly regardless. i dunno silly is just a wee bit insulting

Necro wrote: »
    The thing I just don't get is how you have no read on Patrick who had circa 100 posts at the time you posted that.

I mean that's the closest you come to giving a wolf read, two of the lowest posters.

And no read on me..... like none.

Mad how he then followed me.

Hows that?

Juat how the dice roll I guess. :)

SnowyMay wrote: »
    Shoot y0ss..

Been reading up. Don’t think Baggly is bad. Have vote in for Patrick. Liz is suspicious also. Necro is grand. Kinda ok with Conor too.

sup gertrude :)

why me?

• Advertisement

doesn't make the vote silly regardless. i dunno silly is just a wee bit insulting

Throw away vote then.

Aimless vote.

Juat how the dice roll I guess. :)

Can you be specific?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Not exactly, I needed to include you to link in Bren since yoursel and baggly had clogged the thread a bit, Eva I’d been on for the game to then so I included here, the bottom block was just the lowest posters basically and the intention was to do a proper readlist of the rest later. Didn’t work that way with rl. It’s not elegant maybe but it was the best I could think of at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Ok i have caught up. Patrick claims i visited Necro. People want to know
    A if i did
    B if i did, why

Eva WW wrote: »
    What? All I was saying is that reading the thread is important to informing where your vote goes. People shouldn't really be throwing random votes in on Day 3.

throwing random votes is fine.

this wasn't a random vote...it was a vote cos the person thought/thinks they are voting for a wolf. and are well entitled to do so

calling a vote silly is not on though

Look, I already softed my info. I’ve told you all where. As baggly says, it could just be that a wolf knows it anyway but it’s not, I tracked who I said I tracked and pat is a wolf

how do you know he is a wolf?

A if i did
    B if i did, why

That's pretty much it in a nutshell

A if i did
    B if i did, why

You don't have to say why. Unless you feel it helps.

sup gertrude :)

why me?

Well, thanks for using my proper name! Long day, two phones, and I actually asked for an anon account when I subbed because otherwise Necro would shoot me on sight. :p

The good thing about joining a game late is the objective reading of posts. You're a wolf. Sorry, but you should be shot.

throwing random votes is fine.

this wasn't a random vote...it was a vote cos the person thought/thinks they are voting for a wolf. and are well entitled to do so

calling a vote silly is not on though

Its an aimless vote. Stop being so sensitive.

Liz didnt catch up and has provided no basis as to why she thinks people are wolves.

Its a wreckless vote.

• Advertisement

That's pretty much it in a nutshell

Ok i am new to the game. I know time is of the essence and i know it didn't help i was not available all afternoon. What does visiting mean. Like i don't know if i visited or not.

Can you be specific?

I meant that you can be assigned a wolf role or a good role. And you got wolf.

This is your readslist Conor - this is what you're referring to as getting the info out there presumably?

i'm not on that read list either :(

Im so happy

I meant that you can be assigned a wolf role or a good role. And you got wolf.

I get what your saying.

How would you think I got wolf? Explain

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Ok i am new to the game. I know time is of the essence and i know it didn't help i was not available all afternoon. What does visiting mean. Like i don't know if i visited or not.

Do you have an action to complete at night?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

how do you know he is a wolf?

He visited Bren

Bren is dead

He claims he didn’t visit Bren

Qed

So if a role can perform an action like peek, shoot, roleblock etc then you would have to 'visit' your target to perform an action.

A tracker (like Patrick is claiming) is able to follow a person and learn who, if anyone they visited (or performed an action on) the previous night

Eva WW wrote: »
    Do you have an action to complete at night?

I do.

• Advertisement

I get what your saying.

How would you think I got wolf? Explain

Probably the hairy arms.

Advertisement