Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Die Hard WW Game Thread ( An action movie that takes place at Xmas! )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I am

CATCHING UP

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Necro wrote: »
    Could be a number of things, problem is you can't ask Zero posters why they don't post :pac::pac::pac:

Well I mean you can, but you're as well to piss into the strong winds in the West of Ireland

So above is typical fair play. Necro suggests multiple reasons why non posters are absent. Nothing wrong here and play Id expect of Necro.

Yet earlier Orlas absence was more suspicious despite there being many reasons for Orlas absence.

Now Im not doubting that Orla isnt the most wolfy, shes digging her oen holes. But Necro is not being fair with her as Id usually expect him to be.

Maybe Im wrong but Necro is happy to push that Orla be lynched.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Could I interest anyone in a necro pile on for old times sake.

:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Baggly wrote: »
    I'm a villager.

I've played many times with Necro so know when something is up. Nothing is being staged we have just done this before where he was a wolf and fooled me, and another time where he was a wolf and didn't.

Yeah but we don't have to do this dance all the time you know :D

As I said I can't win, I either

Make up flimsy reasons (that others actually agree it)

Hedge

OR

I'm not fair enough on posters

tenor.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Ok at the risk of looking like the complete idiot i am, suspected of being?

Don’t think you’re suspected of anything so far Kathleen

Basically we write down the three people who we think might be wolves.
    Usually written as #FFA1 on Day 1, #FFA2 on day 2 etc. Then give your reasons for those three

Wolves don’t like them because it can catch them out in lies

Orla doesn’t like them either apparently

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Patrick WW wrote: »
    So above is typical fair play. Necro suggests multiple reasons why non posters are absent. Nothing wrong here and play Id expect of Necro.

Yet earlier Orlas absence was more suspicious despite there being many reasons for Orlas absence.

Now Im not doubting that Orla isnt the most wolfy, shes digging her oen holes. But Necro is not being fair with her as Id usually expect him to be.

Maybe Im wrong but Necro is happy to push that Orla be lynched.

:confused:

Does not compute

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Are you still going to vote for Angus given you have already admitted that you did it for a bit of a laugh and/or to rustle some trees?

Not sure, the belligerent side of me wants to keep that vote, have you convince the village to lynch me just to prove I’m good. Yes, twould be kinda crazy but I be cra cra to die hard.

I have nobody , suppose I could vote No Vote but that’s dodgy. Then I could vote for no posters but that’s dodgy. I could vote for you, but that’s dodgy. Then I could vote for nobody and get a penalty vote but that looks dodgy.

For the record, I suppose was lazy this morning as things were very slow. I read
    Emily WW wrote: »
    Sod this. I know how to get you chatting. I’m off to the lynch thread.

And then
    Emily WW wrote: »
    Sod this. I know how to get you chatting. I’m off to the lynch thread.

QUOTE=Necro;115725202]I like your thinking Emser. Had a read through the thread for a third time and not seeing anything particularly wolfy so far so going for a 0 poster.[/QUOTE]

I thought the plan was to vote people into the game so I chose between you and Emily’s vote. There was no more strategy to my vote then just getting people on thread.

I don’t pay nearly as much attention (whether good or bad) in games. But you do, I’d be very surprised if you vote me off to be honest.

Orla WW wrote: »
    Not sure, the belligerent side of me wants to keep that vote, have you convince the village to lynch me just to prove I’m good. Yes, twould be kinda crazy but I be cra cra to die hard.

I have nobody , suppose I could vote No Vote but that’s dodgy. Then I could vote for no posters but that’s dodgy. I could vote for you, but that’s dodgy. Then I could vote for nobody and get a penalty vote but that looks dodgy.

I'm not convincing anyone of anything, I'm simply voting for who I think is wolfiest.

fixXxer wrote: »
    Could I interest anyone in a necro pile on for old times sake.

:pac:

You'd get plenty of backing at the moment I'd say fixxy

Katie WW wrote: »
    Wolves don’t like them because it can catch them out in lies

Orla doesn’t like them either apparently

KathleenGrant this can be considered pocketing while grooming. It’s when one poster is nice to another (explaining the game) but at the same time accusing another poster of doing an action that is dodgy... who’d blame you on your first vote to target me!!! ;)

• Advertisement

Dragging me down with you. Wolf.

Nope, not this time thank God. I was starting to get a complex :D

You'd get plenty of backing at the moment I'd say fixxy

Personally Im just figuring you out.

Orla WW wrote: »
    KathleenGrant this can be considered pocketing while grooming. It’s when one poster is nice to another (explaining the game) but at the same time accusing another poster of doing an action that is dodgy... who’d blame you on your first vote to target me!!! ;)

At least Orla wont play the 'Im only new card'.....

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necro wrote:
    As I said I can't win, I either

Another hallmark of wolfcro. Oh no life is unfair woe is me.

Nope, just genuine frustration at the expectations being so differing from various players is all.

No woe is me, it comes with the territory

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

You all waiting till the last minutes to throw a vote in or what?

Victim syndrome, classic Nerco.

Sadly its a trait of Necro irrespective of his allignment.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

#FFA1

Conor made a couple of posts, mostly repeating what others had said and nothing since.

Frank (had him mixed up with Patrick earlier) The way he posted struck me as here are my mandatory posts for the day and nada since.

Orla could be confused village but the quick Angus vote and the back and forth with Necro feels forced.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Even if Patrick was Ellis they wouldn't be able to say, you can't claim your character on thread.

You can claim a role though.

Thank you Hans / John ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

4 posters was just thrown out because there's usually three or four wolves and there were only 3 high posters and orla on the bandwagon vote

i didn't see emily's reason for going to the lynch thread before. i think patrick is flinging mud at the walls, i dont like it

all threadbare reasoning so far, nothing stands out.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

FFA #1

1 Frank just seems off posts about others eargerly posting then does same
    2 Orla just talking herself in circles could be village but suspicious behaviour
    3 Katie WW trying to hard to pile on Orla.

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Victim syndrome, classic Nerco.

Sadly its a trait of Necro irrespective of his allignment.

I laughed at these, it really is a trait of Wolfcro

Brendan WW wrote: »
    FFA #1

2 Orla just talking herself in circles could be village but suspicious behaviour

Eh? Seems contradictory there Brendan

Eva WW wrote: »
    #FFA1

Conor made a couple of posts, mostly repeating what others had said and nothing since.

Frank (had him mixed up with Patrick earlier) The way he posted struck me as here are my mandatory posts for the day and nada since.

Orla could be confused village but the quick Angus vote and the back and forth with Necro feels forced.

So the one person you’ve accused of being a wolf doesn’t make your FFA?

I was all set to vote you for your defensiveness but then Orla was doing her thing ans making it impossible to not vote for her

But then you top the lot and leave me off your FFA?

FFA #1

As Necro says contradicting statements there. In my defence I’m just pulling at threads in Orla’s arguments and they are falling away in my hands

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Eh? Seems contradictory there Brendan

I didnt type whats in my head. Too long, but not contradictory in my head Spent ages on it too trying to decide whether to put you and Baggly in there but not tonight.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

So the one person you’ve accused of being a wolf doesn’t make your FFA?

I was all set to vote you for your defensiveness but then Orla was doing her thing ans making it impossible to not vote for her

But then you top the lot and leave me off your FFA?

I think you could be a wolf but you're actively posting and I agree with some of what you've said. You're more useful alive at the moment than the person I've voted for.

FWIW I’ll change my FFA to

Eva
    Orla
    Necro

Patrick gone cause as I said I’ve liked his posting a lot more

Necro - Orla made the point that he is “making up flimsy reasons for targeting posters” that’s exactly what Necro does when he is a wolf. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Baggly and Necro were on the one team cause their interaction feels very staged. Like not getting on for the sake of it
    #FFA1

FFA #1

KathleenGrady, you have seen me being accused of starting a bandwagon. Ordinarily now is usually the optimal time to start such a strategy.

If I get killed and when I am revealed good, the narrative quickly shifts to blaming the victim for “being wolfy”. Keep an eye on those targeting me. They aren’t necessarily bad but as one of the higher posters on thread who has tried to engage each person picking me out, it’s would be unusual for a villager to follow such a shallow lead on night 1 when there are so many other posters who have offered so little.

That's Eva and Brendan now saying Orla could be village but still FFAing her.

I'm not sure what to make of that.

(For the record, Baggly - THAT is hedging)

• Advertisement

#FFA1

How do you reckon Orla is confused Village?

.Orla doesn't come across as confused nor does she come off as someone struggling with the games mechanics.

Shes either wolfy or not, which is it?

Advertisement