Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decathlon impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Got it. Didn't buy anything unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Do Decathlon orders get sent from Ireland or will the discount just end up being spent on VAT / import duties?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Gorteen wrote: »
    Do Decathlon orders get sent from Ireland or will the discount just end up being spent on VAT / import duties?

It doesn’t matter as they are registered for VAT in Ireland. So these prices are included.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

if anyone has a 30% code they won't be using i'd be delighted to have it, going to pull the trigger on the €3200 van rysel come pay day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

PaulieC wrote: »
    oh temptation. That 30% discount has seemingly no upper limit. I just applied mine to a 2k bike which brought the price down to 1400. What am I supposed to do now ?

Did the website actually accept your code at the time of checkout ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Did the website actually accept your code at the time of checkout ?

I didn't checkout but it accepted the code and updated the price. I haven't figured out how to get a new bike past the missus 😂

PaulieC wrote: »
    I didn't checkout but it accepted the code and updated the price. I haven't figured out how to get a new bike past the missus ��

I'll PM you my address you can stash it at mine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I got a 30% discount code from them last week after complaining of a late delivery. Dunno what to use it for, but I'd save myself €220 on the couple of SUPs and accessories I've been wanting. Better than a kick in the proverbial hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Not made any big purchases but seems to me they are using the model of good value higher priced items and more expensive smaller cheaper items people might not realize are over priced, I know I didn't until I bought the same stuff from a lbs for cheaper (talking pads cables etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FingerChips

Wanted to upgrade from my Cube attain disc to a lighter bike with a better groupset. I had my eyes on the Canyon Endurance Al 7.0 and booked it. This was in July-August last year, delivery in October. Thought I'll just wait it out. Canyon pushed delivery to 2021. Cancelled my booking and ordered the Van Rysel EDR AF with full ultegra for 1.2K. Decathlon delivered the bike in 5 days. Extremely happy with the bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I got a 30% discount code from them last week after complaining of a late delivery. Dunno what to use it for, but I'd save myself €220 on the couple of SUPs and accessories I've been wanting. Better than a kick in the proverbial hole.

the SUPs are pretty good value already for what are good products. 30% off makes them great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

In previous years in France, they reduce these models (which can already be great value) in sales when they launch new ones. A bit like some people seem to be getting a 30% discount code to work on bikes which already seem cheap.

I once saw a bike with Ultegra 8000, Fizik saddle, Mavic Cosmic wheels (the alu ones - B’Twin Ultra 920 AF) for 799€. In store so may have been ex-display. It was one of those times where I had no need for the bike and still walked around the shop for 20 minutes deciding whether or not I should buy it. Their stock seems as low as anywhere this year so I wouldn't be expecting that for a while again.

You do see frames popping up for sale from people who buy the bikes just for the components and they don't tend to sell easily or quickly though. I'd only do that if I was going to use the frame myself and stick Shimano 105 on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I got a 30% discount code from them last week after complaining of a late delivery.
    did they place any restrictions on its use? e.g. a max value on the purchase?
    would be gas to get a grand off a top of the range bike because of a late delivery...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭cletus

would be gas to get a grand off a top of the range bike because of a late delivery...

There was no restrictions in the email, but like I said, I only used mine to buy a few bits I was ordering anyway, a dry bag, neoprene gloves etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

No restrictions, did a dry run there and yes indeed, 30% off a €760 bill consisting of 2 large and 2 smaller items.
    That would mean a grand off a €3200 bike, as someone else mentioned earlier.

Does anyone else find the website a pain in the a**e??? It keeps freezing and I don't know if its the site or my laptop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Does anyone else find the website a pain in the a**e??? It keeps freezing and I don't know if its the site or my laptop!

Site is dire but I think they recognise this. Part of the problem with my order was their postcode system brought up the wrong town and you couldn't override it. I made sure all the correct bits were in the address as well but who know what the order handling system did with the entered data

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Thank you. I actually emailed them two weeks ago about that and their customer support team got back to me and said the problem wasn't at their end.

cletus wrote: »
    If you made a purchase last November/December, most of them were delayed, so Decathlon sent out a 30% discount code to those people, to be used before the end of January. I used mine already, but not for anything as big as a bike. January spending won't allow that, unfortunately.

Does anyone want my 30% discount code? I don't have a use for it and it would be a shame to waste it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Does anyone want my 30% discount code? I don't have a use for it and it would be a shame to waste it.

Me please.

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    Me please.

Ok. Give me a minute and I'll PM you

Next in line if it doesn't happen.

I would be happy to make a donation for it too.

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Next in line if it doesn't happen.

I would be happy to make a donation for it too.

It's happened! Sorry :)

Put it to good use ted1 and please don't waste it on small sundries!! :)

If anyone else has one they know they won't use could I form an orderly queue here please? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Are they still doing click and collect? Cant find it on the website.Got stuff delivered recently but it took ages so wouldn't do it again.

I need a cycling jacket and have a voucher. Voucher is 50, jacket is 70 so need to add 20 to the voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭nilhg

byrnem31 wrote: »
    Are they still doing click and collect? Cant find it on the website.Got stuff delivered recently but it took ages so wouldn't do it again.

I need a cycling jacket and have a voucher. Voucher is 50, jacket is 70 so need to add 20 to the voucher.

https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/ship-from-store

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

They don't accept one for all vouchers, hard to believe they don't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

not at all. i'd say their margins are minimal, and they're not at all interested in taking the 10% haircut those vouchers demand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

MojoMaker wrote: »
    If anyone else has one they know they won't use could I form an orderly queue here please? ;)

Likewise!

I'd happily and gratefully take a voucher code

Advertisement