Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland Cricket Season 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Ireland 27-3 chasing 347. Massive defeat looking likely at the moment despite the pitch being effectively a road.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

At least they got to a very respectable total after being 27/3. Great for Simi to get the ton too

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭No_Hope_Club

Good performance against quality side. SA put the runs on the board and defended the total well. We got good batting experience without relying on Stirling or Balbo.

15 points from 30 is an excellent return.

Ireland win toss in first T20i ever with South Africa. Cracking weather.

SA 84/4 after 11 overs. Some good wicket taking but SA still capable of a big score.

T20 related. Irelands first round world cup group contains Sri Lanka, Ireland, Netherlands and Namibia. Its never been our strongest format and you cant take anything for granted but would have to think the game v Netherlands is a playoff to qualify for the second round (tournament proper really) with the top 2 in the group getting through.

• Advertisement

120/5 off 15

165/7 for SA

• Registered Users Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Poor start with the bat by us... pity after restricting SA to a modest enough target...loosing 4 wickets in 7 overs. 43/4 ... doable but 4 down.. tough..

required run rate is 9.63... pretty much need a couple of big shots to the boundary per over.

Singh gone, game over.

Any idea on ticket availability for the remaining South Africa fixtures ...?

There are no announcements on either Cricket Ireland social media that I can see or their website that indicates they have sold out...

on their website booking page it just says... ‘ No Events available ‘... when looking for any tickets for anything so most likely sold out I’d ‘guess’.... but how fûckin difficult can it be for an international sporting organization to spend a few minutes updating followers of the sport that tickets have sold out... between social media, and internet, what, an hours work tops ?

ive had positive dealings with cricket Ireland previously but hmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

Can't ask for a better start, two wickets off the first 4 balls.

50/4 off 8

58/5 at the half way mark. Stirling took 2 in the first over and Simi got QdK with his first ball

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I thought one of the South African commentators was quite dismissive of Ireland in the first game. He's not been so arrogant today though.

Couple of missed chances otherwise Ireland would have been well into the tail

103/5 now. Four overs left. SA still likely to set a very challenging total here

Miller did some serious damage, especially in the final over 159/7

The Zimbabwe games will need to be rescheduled. Pity, as we seem to be in great form at the moment and an ODI series win in this would be massive

“Following the latest advice for the conditions around which scheduled matches may proceed in Northern Ireland - most notably the stipulations of health authorities around quarantining requirements of the incoming Zimbabwean squad – Cricket Ireland has today confirmed that the Zimbabwe Men’s tour to Ireland will be need to be rescheduled.”

“We recognise that with Zimbabwe being on the UK Red List, but a Category 2 country in the Republic of Ireland classification, approval for the series was always conditional upon the evolving advice of government.”

“This is a complicated process involving multiple stakeholders, and we are working closely with Sport Ireland, Sport NI, as well as health and sporting bodies in both jurisdictions to arrive at a new programme that will meet the requirements of both jurisdictions as quickly as possible.”

“It is now anticipated that the series will be held in August-September 2021, but that some venue changes may be required to accommodate the latest advice received.”

“These changes may have a number of knock-on effects with the broader playing schedule as well, and the outcome of these changes will be communicated in due course.”

“We appreciate the understanding and cooperation of Zimbabwe Cricket Board and all involved as we work through these latest challenges, and will provide updates as soon as possible.”

Balbirnie and KOB out early on.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I was just about to post:

"If Stirling and Dockrell can stick around for a few more overs Ireland ...."

Apologies, but I seem to have jinxed Stirling

International T20s for Ireland is a struggle.

57/4 after 10.

Is there one big partnership in the bag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

Decent effort from Ireland , they had a chance to skittle SA but just didn't quite manage it.

It's dissapointing but not too surprising. SA are a quality team.

Ireland women cruising vs the Netherlands. Dutch need 49 from 19. But if I’m the management I’m getting a message out there to bowl through those overs fast, getting very overcast can’t be long before the umpires have light meters out..

live.. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QW2QsD8iDrE

Ireland take the victory by 28 runs. Well deserved.

i was getting worried there that Ireland were being a bit naive.. was getting seriously dark there and our bowlers were spending an eternity trying to place and move fielders and so on...the Dutch can’t win, you can only enable them with a draw if you delay.... just BOWL !!! :o

2nd T20i abandoned

Zimbabwe tour rescheduled for late Aug/Sept. Fingers crossed it goes ahead and crucially we pick up 3 wins in the ODIs

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭nice bit of green

Nice one re Zim, and great that they have the games at various venues.

Ireland schedule for T20 world cup confirmed.

18th Oct v netherlands, 20th Oct v Sri Lanka, 22 Oct v namibia

Top 2 from the group qualify for the super 12. Have to win that first game to have any realistic chance of progression

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭nice bit of green

Anyone heard anything about Zim tickets? Signed up for the newsletter but no news since. Seems a bit close to the date and the weather for next week looks good so would be a shame to miss out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭thebronze14

If anyone hears of a spare ticket going for Friday or Sunday, keep me in mind please!

Advertisement