Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where is the cheapest PCR Covid test in Dublin

Options
  • 28-12-2020 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bazzare

Im flying next week and need a negative PCR Covid test 72 hours before I travel

Does anybody know where is the cheapest Clinic / place where i can get this done in town ?

Thanks

Comments

• HSE give them free if you complain about symptoms :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bazzare

But can i go directly to the HSE or do I need to see a doctor first ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

HSE, free. If you say you have symptoms, sore throat, etc just ring your doctor.

Mulligans in Waterford are doing tests for €49 with results in 15 mins. Not sure if Mulligans in Dublin is also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

bazzare wrote: »
    But can i go directly to the HSE or do I need to see a doctor first ?

I rang my doctor last week saying I had a sore throat and a headache etc, they rang me back an hour later for a very quick consultation, and they said yep we will get you in for a test, within a few mins i received the appointment details for the next morning, and it was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭wandererz

I rang my doctor last week saying I had a sore throat and a headache etc, they rang me back an hour later for a very quick consultation, and they said yep we will get you in for a test, within a few mins i received the appointment details for the next morning, and it was free.

But did you get a certificate that can be used at the airport?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Will they give you a cert to say you’re clear though? I thought you needed an official form of proof. All I’ve ever gotten from my swabs is a phone call to confirm it was negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bazzare

how long does the HSE take to give people a result .. I need to get the result ASAP .. cant be waiting 3 or 4 days obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

wandererz wrote: »
    But did you get a certificate that can be used at the airport?

Cash will be needed for that, free tests won't give that.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

bazzare wrote: »
    how long does the HSE take to give people a result .. I need to get the result ASAP .. cant be waiting 3 or 4 days obviously

HSE test won't give a cert for travel. As far as I know Randox at €99 is the cheapest pcr test suitable for travel purposes. PCR generally required for travel. Rapid test not valid for most countries but check specifics of where you are travelling to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

You can get it done in Dublin Airport results next day for €99.

https://www.dublinairport.com/covid-19/pre-departure-covid-19-testing

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

HSE, free. If you say you have symptoms, sore throat, etc just ring your doctor.

Mulligans in Waterford are doing tests for €49 with results in 15 mins. Not sure if Mulligans in Dublin is also?

Sounds like an antigen test rather than pcr

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Antigen test is €90 out in Santry and they will email you a certificate but their FAQ says that the test is "expected" to be accepted as proof, so maybe check what your destination country's guidelines say https://v1medical.ie/ Results in 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Conorpur

Anyone get a PCR test for travel lately? Was it painful? what was the waiting time? did anyone come back with a positive result? Can PM me if you want to keep replies private.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Cash will be needed for that, free tests won't give that.

+1

HSE send a text.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

for travel, is randox still the cheapest PCR? at 99e?

I believe the UK are now seeing some competition with prices on these things halfed?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭you2008

for travel, is randox still the cheapest PCR? at 99e?

I believe the UK are now seeing some competition with prices on these things halfed?

89 now

https://booking.randox.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iBaxter

Last week i needed an urgent PCR test for work. Tried boots it was €129 but they couldn't test me for two days so i found a place gosafe48 PCR testing in Rosemount industrial estate in Blanchardstown. Was able to get test the next day and had the result back after 5 hours. Total cost €79.00. Very efficient and friendly staff. Would highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Mr.S wrote: »
    Do not get an Antigen test as the gold standard for travel and other countries accepting is PCR.

That's not 100% correct.

Germany has been accepting antigen tests for months. Bulgaria has started accepting them since 01/05. Austria, Italy, Lithuania, Slovenia and Sweden apparently too (but I have not checked the details).

Advertisement