Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIO placement

Options
  • 28-12-2020 6:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭

I've got a Corsair iCUE 220T case and currently have the 3 Corsair fans in their default front position with my Deepcool v2 AIO top mounted (plus one rear fan) along with a Sapphire RX 580

Under normal load the GPU and CPU run around 30c (if not lower) on a standard fan curve, if I go quiet mode then just one front fan runs plus the 2 radiator fans and the temps on the CPU run about 40c and GPU around 30

I'm wondering whether I should front mount the radiator to get better temps for heavier loads
    From what I've researched it seems to always nearly be better with an open shroud GPU

Another question which I cannot find a definitive answer to is the AIO is currently plugged into the CPU/CPU_OPT headers. Should I connect the pump to the AIO header (the instructions make no mention of this and refer to the CPU/CPU_OPT headers for the connection)? If I do so can I connect another fan to the CPU_OPT header without confusing the fan software as to controlling the speeds?

Advertisement