Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm - do I need a second year of contract?

Options
  • 28-12-2020 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

Hi All, we got a HKC alarm installed last year, part of install was 1 year contract with installer. Is there a need for a second year? Surely I can ask for engineers code now and manage alarm and app myself? Or am I missing something?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If there's nothing else in your contract yes.
    You may need to set up a new account with Securecom if you are not paying them directly already.
    Most companies will not disclose their engineer code but they may offer to change it to something generic for you.
    Also they would be within their rights to ask you to sign a disclaimer that they are not responsible for the system from that date.

Advertisement