Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

What time we find out if spurs going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Kiith wrote: »
    35 with Kane (C), Son and Wilson to play. If the Spurs game doesn't go ahead, it'll be a shocking game week for a lot of us i'd say.

Who is your vice captain?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Who is your vice captain?

KdB :(

Kiith wrote: »
    KdB :(

Ouch that's very unlucky, nothing you could have done differently really. Hopefully the Spurs game goes ahead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ouch that's very unlucky, nothing you could have done differently really. Hopefully the Spurs game goes ahead.

To be fair, i could have made some changes like i'd planned, but got the deadline wrong. 50/50 i would have made things worse though, so i'll just move on :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I see a few people in my MLs with Kane (c), Son (vc).
    That's always been a bit of a minor no-no in winter with potential weather cancellations, but definitely one to avoid in a covid season.

Arguably there's even a case now for sticking the vc on someone in one of the first games after the deadline just to ensure he plays, rather than say a Monday night game. Put the c on the best player as always obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dr. Bre wrote: »

It's a joke if they cancel it anytime after noon imo. At this moment in time, where are all the players - are they preparing as if they are all negative, and hence all together, or are they all separate waiting on results - in which case when do they all sit down and prepare for the game - what if results are delayed etc.

Do we believe that PL players have to wait just as long as ordinary members of the public for test results - in which case it would be 3/4pm before results are back? Or would they be skipping the Q to get results quicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It's a joke if they cancel it anytime after noon imo. At this moment in time, where are all the players - are they preparing as if they are all negative, and hence all together, or are they all separate waiting on results - in which case when do they all sit down and prepare for the game - what if results are delayed etc.

Do we believe that PL players have to wait just as long as ordinary members of the public for test results - in which case it would be 3/4pm before results are back? Or would they be skipping the Q to get results quicker?

City - Everton was cancelled around 3pm for their 8pm game.

I’d expect lunchtime for official confirmation.

If there was crowds, I’d say decision would of already been made

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Surely clubs would have a private testing operation? Provided by league, paid for by them for test results? I've no idea what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Dr. Bre wrote: »

No news is good news I guess.

https://twitter.com/FulhamFC/status/1344203571609415680?s=20

• Advertisement

Surely that Spurs game is going ahead.

It’s not like either club have suggested it isn’t.

Is it just some random people on Twitter again ?

Can’t see it being called off at this late stage unless they are waiting for test results which seems unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can’t see it being called off at this late stage unless they are waiting for test results which seems unlikely.
    I think there is definitely some smoke with it, but as each hour goes on the chances of it being off seem to diminish a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Few murmurs on Twitter of Robertson being rested, have we any team from Brian yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The BBC reported that it was in doubt
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55420342

The BBC reported that it was in doubt
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55420342

Oh that’s interesting.

I assumed it was just gob****e sources.

So at least there’s a chance albeit seems it’s a very small chance right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

i saw it on skysportsnews last night aswell it was in doubt due to fulhams squad,
    as a non kane and son owner i think it should be called off for safety reasons !!!

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Few murmurs on Twitter of Robertson being rested, have we any team from Brian yet?

Feic it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

siblers wrote: »
    Feic it

If that's true and the Spurs game gets called off! I will not be HEWT.

Need Kane and Robbo points / point even at this stage.

siblers wrote: »

Wouldn't be using the word positive right now if I were them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/SMXLFC/status/1344246727080103936?s=19

The guy with the flags tweeted this, no idea if he's got it right before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

Looks like Milner starting

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah Robbo benched it looks like. :( This guy has been getting the lineups right the last while.

https://twitter.com/SMXLFC/status/1344246727080103936

Robertson gone would be the final nail of misery for me in this GW.

Milner to pull his hamstring before 30 minutes

Anyone else have Robertson, Zouma, Coufal and Dias? Looks like my Sky team defence decided to all take a break midweek :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭sully123

What's the story with the cup?
    Isn't qualification based on this week's points?

Anyone else have Robertson, Zouma, Coufal and Dias? Looks like my Sky team defence decided to all take a break midweek :-(

I brought in Dias for Lamptey

Have Taylor and Robertson.

Least Dallas did something good

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I've all those bar Zouma. I also have Kane, Son and Cavaleiro so badly need the Spurs game to go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

https://twitter.com/SMXLFC/status/1344246727080103936?s=19

The guy with the flags tweeted this, no idea if he's got it right before?

He's been right before TBF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

sully123 wrote:
    What's the story with the cup? Isn't qualification based on this week's points?

It is and as of now 30 points has you in but that will increase with tonight's matches

Advertisement