Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

41 with just captain Salah to maybe play. What a sh*tshow from a fantasy game perspective.

Have a strong bench and all!! still only fielding 8 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Am I the only person with no Spurs player, big smile on my face at the minute. Have 52 points with captain salah to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Down to 9 if Robbo doesn't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

33 with VC Salah stepping up for C Kane left.

Kane, Son, Dier, and Holgate not playing.

Ah well

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I must be the only poster happy with these announcements re Spurs game & Robertson. I have KWP subbing in for Son with 5 points which I’ll take.

2nd sub though is Dallas with 12. I am praying Andy doesn’t get a 5 minute run if he doesn’t start but I can see it happening. Would be great if Jurgen gave him the night off to put his feet up and saves me the stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Relieved sorta that Kane and Son don't play.

Marooned on 22 points with Salah (C) to go...not even sure his score matters much at this stage given his high ownership and captaincy stats.

Anguissa also missing for me now....that's 4 Covid absentees, Wellbeck and Coufal rested, Taylor schnattocksed after 5 mins and Robertson likely to miss out as well it seems.

Some sh1tshow in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Steven81 wrote: »
    Am I the only person with no Spurs player, big smile on my face at the minute. Have 52 points with captain salah to play.

I got Kane in this week. Already had son

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Anyone reckon that the PL will pull the plug for a few weeks after this GW is over. If they are cancelling games with 3 hours notice they can't expect teams to then be playing 4 days later?

The carnage that will be caused if we get to 4pm on Friday and no decisions being made on matches - you wouldn't know who to bring in or anything - would city or Fulham's game go ahead, what about pool game on Monday if the UK government stepped in.

5 players missing due to covid and two injured. Kind of making this pointless :mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Anyone reckon that the PL will pull the plug for a few weeks after this GW is over. If they are cancelling games with 3 hours notice they can't expect teams to then be playing 4 days later?

The carnage that will be caused if we get to 4pm on Friday and no decisions being made on matches - you wouldn't know who to bring in or anything - would city or Fulham's game go ahead, what about pool game on Monday if the UK government stepped in.

How? Like when would these games happen if postponed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

The cup is over rated. One of the most rubbish prizes for a competition going.
    Better to bow out gracefully now than be humiliated by a zombie team in the next fortnight.
    Sounds like somebody doesn't look like they're going to make the cup :pac:

That Fulham/Spurs news means I'll now qualify for the stupid cup with 12 points coming in for captain Son bringing my total from 8 to 61 (+ Mo to go).
    Possibly my best GW of the season despite a bunch of no shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I think the whole thing will be shut down soon. Cases gone through the roof in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Highly likely. Can see a six week break incoming. How that will be managed if it happens who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

OK - No Kane means Soucek off my bench with a 3 pointer. I'll take it ;) Hopefully a Mo Show to come

How? Like when would these games happen if postponed

No idea, but with 3/4's of the UK moving to Tier 4, which for the PL means teams have to be tested twice a week - there will be more and more teams being tested and waiting for results a game days.

The PL had set a precedence by postponing the City and now Fulham game in hours before hand. They had a rule at start of season, and decided not to implement it and now they must face the consequences of fixture build up. If the UK government forces games to be postponed they would have no choice.

It's like the PL just started the season and prayed all would be ok, with no back up plan.

I think the whole thing will be shut down soon. Cases gone through the roof in the UK.

The Premier League have said they have “full confidence” the League will continue as normal. It’s all over Twitter. Was in the statement about the Spurs game.

Lemlin wrote: »
    The Premier League have said they have “full confidence” the League will continue as normal. It’s all over Twitter. Was in the statement about the Spurs game.

https://twitter.com/charles_watts/status/1344302909434056704?s=21

Which means they have no contingency plan and won't stop playing until told to do so by the government, in the hope that they can then use this in some sort of compensation - be in with insurance bonds or whatever.

I hope they are least come out and clarify if the games will go ahead at the weekend for the teams that had postponements this GW.

Which means they have no contingency plan and won't stop playing until told to do so by the government, in the hope that they can then use this in some sort of compensation - be in with insurance bonds or whatever.

I hope they are least come out and clarify if the games will go ahead at the weekend for the teams that had postponements this GW.

I think they might keep games going. They want to keep people at home and football is one of the items that will. It’s like the GAA matches here, they entertained people and gave them something to watch at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

FPL game is a bit of a farce now.
    Those fortunate will have most players playing full of Leeds, West Ham, Southampton, few/no city everton and Spurs must be rocketing up the rankings?

I have KDB, Sterling, Dier, Son and possibly Robertson all out.
    Maybe even Wilson might not start.

That could be at least 5/6 players out with only Brewster on the bench for me.

40/50 points swing?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

Just the 6 non starters including captain and vice captain ! Also had Taylor and Vardy with a point each .

Lemlin wrote: »
    I think they might keep games going. They want to keep people at home and football is one of the items that will. It’s like the GAA matches here, they entertained people and gave them something to watch at home.

In Ireland though we don't have people been treated in the back of ambulances because they is no space in hospitals. Granted i have no idea what private hospitals are like, or even what the protocol is in the PL when a player gets injured, but the safety of players needs to be considered - a broken leg or worse case a Mumba or Jimmez head injury - they need to get to a hospital and seen to straight away - is that still possible? I know Karen Brady raise a similar point back in March when it first broke out that private hospitals were carrying out NHS non covid cases and weren't in position to treat footballers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

FPL game is a bit of a farce now.
    Those fortunate will have most players playing full of Leeds, West Ham, Southampton, few/no city everton and Spurs must be rocketing up the rankings?

I have KDB, Sterling, Dier, Son and possibly Robertson all out.
    Maybe even Wilson might not start.

That could be at least 5/6 players out with only Brewster on the bench for me.

40/50 points swing?

Yeh it was the same with it in March. Lot of skill gone out the window. Ruins the fun of it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Should be free transfers up to 15 mins before each game to sort this sh*t out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

When will we here about GW17 postponement? Or will they leave it to the last minute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

callaway92 wrote: »
    Yeh it was the same with it in March. Lot of skill gone out the window. Ruins the fun of it

Planning could become near impossible and previous planning now goes out the window. Most likely works out better for casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Unless PL clubs ask for a break then it's unlikely to happen. I know Big Sam wants one but unless the likes of Liverpool and co start looking for one, then it's probably business as normal.

The government could always step in but unless its rampant among clubs, that probably won't happen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Hope Salah and Wilson play just to have 9 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

No new positive cases at Man City so the game at the weekend could be a possibility now you'd think.

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1344312836646989838

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

People starting to go going on about casuals, bad luck, badly run fpl etc, it was the same in March. We are in the middle of a pandemic �� give it a rest and accept it for what it is. We are lucky to have FPL and the premier League, enjoy it while you can.
    I have Son, KDB and Dias but that’s the way things are and no doubt the same scenario will happen again.

Advertisement