Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Steven81 wrote: »
    Am I the only person with no Spurs player, big smile on my face at the minute. Have 52 points with captain salah to play.

I got in Kane for this GW and next GW on my WC. Fixtures were so tasty sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

patmac wrote: »
    People starting to go going on about casuals, bad luck, badly run fpl etc, it was the same in March. We are in the middle of a pandemic �� give it a rest and accept it for what it is. We are lucky to have FPL and the premier League, enjoy it while you can.
    I have Son, KDB and Dias but that’s the way things are and no doubt the same scenario will happen again.

Weird post.

It's not even that FPL is being run poorly. It's just the moan of the situation at large. Nothing wrong with having a moan about it.

Different people with different circumstances. A lot of users might have money riding on it etc (for some, a significant amount)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

26pts with Salah (c) and Robertson? left.
    No points off bench with Burke, Zouma and Dunne.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

380,000 managers have Kane as captain with Son as vice captain

750,000 players will have no captain due to their captain and vice captain being on City and/or Spurs players

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Steven81 wrote: »
    Am I the only person with no Spurs player, big smile on my face at the minute. Have 52 points with captain salah to play.

I don't particularly think like this. Like it'd be one thing if Kane/Son were benched, missed penalties or got sent off - I'd heartily cheer that and have zero sympathy for anyone.
    But a game suddenly postponed doesn't sit well with me - I benefit but don't derive any particular joy.
    Maybe I'm soft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Delighted with the game being off im second in my money league in work guy in first is nearly 100 points ahead Son as captain Kane as vice and I've captained Salah.

Hopefully can take advantage of this now as might not get better chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Should be free transfers up to 15 mins before each game to sort this sh*t out

Agreed.

It's ruining the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

callaway92 wrote: »
    Weird post.

It's not even that FPL is being run poorly. It's just the moan of the situation at large. Nothing wrong with having a moan about it.

Different people with different circumstances. A lot of users might have money riding on it etc (for some, a significant amount)

More fool them then, surely everyone with half a brain new that this was a strong possibility.

As pat said a small bit of perspective wouldn't go astray.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Pogue eile wrote: »
    More fool them then, surely everyone with half a brain new that this was a strong possibility.

As pat said a small bit of perspective wouldn't go astray.

Ah come on. People are entitled to vent somewhere. I'm not seeing anyone being out of order on here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

begbysback wrote: »
    Nope, Milner is ahead of salah, rightly so as he is an excellent penalty taker

Last time both of them were on the pitch and Salah took it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

siblers wrote: »
    380,000 managers have Kane as captain with Son as vice captain

750,000 players will have no captain due to their captain and vice captain being on City and/or Spurs players
    Easier to feel sorry for the people who had one in both games than the people who took the risk.

DeBruyne, Calvert-Lewin, Son, Dier and Lloris not playing for me. Generally keep my money on the pitch so 3 of the subs are non-players.

Going to have to invest in a solid bench for the rest of this season!

CSF wrote: »
    Easier to feel sorry for the people who had one in both games than the people who took the risk.

Don't think I have ever had my captain and vice captain in the same game. Maybe during the Suarez/Sturridge days but always felt it was too big a risk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

This double postponement has left my team without three of its highest points scorers and a reliable sub who would have been needed since I had another two players rested. 18points with another 4 coming off the bench so really need a hat trick from Wilson and a good score for captain Mo to avoid a considerable drop in rank. It's a game of chance so not worried about getting some bad luck this week - s**t happens.

Question I have is, why the premier league made a statement that clubs would need to fulfill their fixtures unless there were less than 15 senior squad members available and then goes about canceling games when it seems that clubs still would have enough non positive tested players to allow the games to go ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

siblers wrote: »
    Don't think I have ever had my captain and vice captain in the same game. Maybe during the Suarez/Sturridge days but always felt it was too big a risk

It is always a huge risk. Yes situations like these are rare, but so are situations where your captain doesn’t play so it’s not as if the benefits are massively outweighing the risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The worst thing about players not playing is that they will now have DGWs where rivals can get them in for. It's an effective 3 game swing for some players where they did not play once while owning them, and rivals didn't and can now play twice for rivals. All while they had a player in place gaining points in this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

munster87 wrote: »
    Planning could become near impossible and previous planning now goes out the window. Most likely works out better for casuals.

Or maybe your idea of planning needs to change, a lot of more serious fantasy footballers have a base set of players and some bench fodder, maximizing their budget for playing players, while others have a squad of regularly playing players, so in the event that a game is cancelled the bench players can come in.

Casuals, as you call them, take less risk, but in a normal season would probably not get as many points in return, but their approach suits the added unpredictability of this season....so the tides have turned and the normal concept of planning has changed, maybe players need to learn that the best way to gain points this season is to change their normal method.

I’m fortunate to have no Everton, man city, spurs or Fulham players this gameweek, I took KDB and DCL out last gameweek to facilitate salah coming in, I currently have 28points with Robertson, Mane and salah(c) left to play, if Robertson doesn’t play, I have chilwell coming in, I had benched my Chelsea players this week, thinking they wouldn’t be keeping a clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ace2007 wrote: »
    In Ireland though we don't have people been treated in the back of ambulances because they is no space in hospitals. Granted i have no idea what private hospitals are like, or even what the protocol is in the PL when a player gets injured, but the safety of players needs to be considered - a broken leg or worse case a Mumba or Jimmez head injury - they need to get to a hospital and seen to straight away - is that still possible? I know Karen Brady raise a similar point back in March when it first broke out that private hospitals were carrying out NHS non covid cases and weren't in position to treat footballers.

How many million people watch the games at the weekends though? The matches are keeping people at home. Idle hands.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

No new positive cases at Man City so the game at the weekend could be a possibility now you'd think.

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1344312836646989838

Do we know who the additional players were that tested positive yet? All well and good the game going ahead only to find out afterwards that heavily owned players are out.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Ah come on. People are entitled to vent somewhere. I'm not seeing anyone being out of order on here

Ah I know yeah, but I also do agree with the sentiment that people need to look at the bigger picture. The phrase 'first world problems' coms to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

patmac wrote: »
    People starting to go going on about casuals, bad luck, badly run fpl etc, it was the same in March. We are in the middle of a pandemic �� give it a rest and accept it for what it is. We are lucky to have FPL and the premier League, enjoy it while you can.
    I have Son, KDB and Dias but that’s the way things are and no doubt the same scenario will happen again.

I never buy into this 'casual' talk no matter what the situation. The integrity and fairness of the fpl game itself is in question. It seems it is only run from their financial and marketing standpoint. It is not for the enjoyment of those playing fpl. This was also proven how the winner was changed last year, based on factors completely outside the fpl game itself.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Ah I know yeah, but I also do agree with the sentiment that people need to look at the bigger picture. The phrase 'first world problems' coms to mind.

But no one is saying these games should be going ahead etc. The venting in here has been fairly calm compared to what you'd see elsewhere, it's natural to be some bit annoyed, especially if you took a hit etc

I think people (me included) are more annoyed with rotation or the likes of Taylor going off injured to deny the closest thing you can get to a guaranteed clean sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

It's almost as if this is a dedicated fantasy football forum

God forbid we spend a few seconds a day not wringing our hands about the countless world problems

ScummyMan wrote: »
    It's almost as if this is a dedicated fantasy football forum

God forbid we spend a few seconds a day not wringing our hands about the countless world problems

Nice username, very apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

If the 'bigger picture' was looked as you say all sport would have been canceled until the pandemic was over.

Or at the very least until after the Christmas period when people were travelling visiting families from all over the world.

It is only financial greed and marketing that made the PL go ahead. So the 'first world problems' line sounds fairly hollow imo.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

If the 'bigger picture' was looked as you say all sport would have been canceled until the pandemic was over.

Or at the very least until after the Christmas period when people were travelling visiting families from all over the world.

It is only financial greed and marketing that made the PL go ahead. So the 'first world problems' line sounds fairly hollow imo.

This has nothing to do with FPL so not getting into it here but the part in bold is grossly misinformed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/SMXLFC/status/1344343410472312837?s=19

Not sure any of these "itks" have a clue what they're talking about. I'll be ignoring them from now on, they just add needless annoyance to an already annoying situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Reading now on Twitter Milner is replacing Gini OR Robbo.....

99% Robbo as Ben is usually correct but I'll take that 1% chance and hope at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

https://twitter.com/SMXLFC/status/1344343410472312837?s=19

Not sure any of these "itks" have a clue what they're talking about. I'll be ignoring them from now on, they just add needless annoyance to an already annoying situation.

I'd tend to agree with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Did Harry score yet? :pac:

Advertisement