Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weds 30th early hours + morning: Munster/south Leinster snow and ice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Latest output has very little precipitation, something keep an eye is potential for a few showers north of the wave and may give a surprise dusting here or there by morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

And the 0c Wet Bulb Level is quite high too. You usually use this as a guide for the Evaporative Cooling potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

RobertKK wrote: »
    Feeling very positive for the Castlecomer plateau area.
    Should be nice scenic views of snow covered hills when it all clears away.

Pleasant to look at maybe

Rough to work in

Hopefully not too much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    No

dammit.. .buzzkiller :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Hate to be the one but meant to go to mitchelstown from cork in the morning will I leave it till Thursday? Last thing I want is to be stuck in snow :O

• Advertisement

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Hate to be the one but meant to go to mitchelstown from cork in the morning will I leave it till Thursday? Last thing I want is to be stuck in snow :O

And may I add stuck in mitchelstown of all places ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,750 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Favoured locations look like a narrow band of counties roughly Wexford up across to Galway for a dusting or more.

In to now cast with this I reckon.

What happens, happens.

Plenty of more opportunities in the next couple of weeks by the looks of things even if you miss out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Re timing - am I right in saying this snow event will be tomorrow morning (6am to 12 noon)?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Could you produce two of those soundings for me? Please? One for 55N, 7W at midnight tonight and 12pm tomorrow

12Z ICON for 00Z and 12Z tomorrow. Location altitude 129 m amsl, wbt a little too high (1.4 & 1.0, respectively).

537525.png

537526.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

12Z ICON for 00Z and 12Z tomorrow. Location altitude 129 m amsl, wbt a little too high (1.4 & 1.0, respectively).

537525.png

537526.png

Ok thank you. It looks like the conditions are ok tomorrow during the day based on the sounding.

Temps are on their way down now already so I guess it’s a case of wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Ok thank you. It looks like the conditions are ok tomorrow during the day based on the sounding.

Temps are on their way down now already so I guess it’s a case of wait and see.

Not great for low levels, going on those soundings. Relying on heavy showers to see something, and then there will be the sloppy mess to deal with after them.

For the southern event the 12Z ICON has even less in the way of snow. The arse is falling out of this. Only the Swiss MRF has anything of decency, but it's an outlier.

537528.png

Re timing - am I right in saying this snow event will be tomorrow morning (6am to 12 noon)?

Location? In the west should be just after midnight precip arrives in to Galway, Mayo, Clare. Looks like this now will be passing through swiftly enough. It should be cleared by mid morning except the southeast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Not great for low levels, going on those soundings. Relying on heavy showers to see something, and then there will be the sloppy mess to deal with after them.

For the southern event the 12Z ICON has even less in the way of snow. The arse is falling out of this. Only the Swiss MRF has anything of decency, but it's an

What do you think of the bigger picture down the line GL or is it too early yet to say?

Location? In the west should be just after midnight precip arrives in to Galway, Mayo, Clare. Looks like this now will be passing through swiftly enough. It should be cleared by mid morning except the southeast.

Sorry yes, Galway.
    Perfect thanks.

Sorry yes, Galway.
    Perfect thanks.

More than likely not snow on arrival. It will have to move inland before it starts transitioning. Also may be light enough and patchy in nature. We've seen downgrades in expected precipitation.

Just have to see the real time observations with this one now.

It looks very knife edge to me but fingers crossed!

More than likely not snow on arrival. It will have to move inland before it starts transitioning. Also may be light enough and patchy in nature. We've seen downgrades in expected precipitation.

Just have to see the real time observations with this one now.

It looks very knife edge to me but fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Knockmealdown mountains 27/12/20
    77TcrN9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Latest Euro4 which usually over eggs snow accumulation predictions not showing much down south.
    20123007_2912.gif

Just looking at the latest ECM now and if anything this is pulled back more in to Munster now on that model which is a bit disappointing.

Still, like I say, all about the observations now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Just looking at the latest ECM now and if anything this is pulled back more in to Munster now on that model which is a bit disappointing.

Looks like you were right about it all along.

• Advertisement

Snow or rain?

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Snow or rain?

Sleet and snow inland. Cork might even see some flakes but it's the northern edge where snow is most likely so Waterford, north Cork, Tipp, Limerick stretching back to Galway...

Looks like you were right about it all along.

Aye but I had hope for Dublin :D

Still, as long as some see snow I'd be happy for them

Sleet and snow inland. Cork might even see some flakes but it's the northern edge where snow is most likely so Waterford, north Cork, Tipp, Limerick stretching back to Galway...

Sound

MetE seem to be suggesting east Munster and south Leinster will get the snow. Hopefully it will get colder in the west overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭lcasey90

Will wexford see some snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Lads n ladies

I use the UK met office app regularly and find it accurate

I notice that they have very little precipitation for ireland tonight and tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Lads n ladies

I use the UK met office app regularly and find it accurate

I notice that they have very little precipitation for ireland tonight and tomorrow morning.
    I use it too and it is usually pretty accurate, even for here. Has a few light snow flurries for me (south Connacht) tomorrow morn, but that's about it.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I'm quietly confident of Cork city's chances of a light covering as the system sinks south and off shore....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

New Moon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement