Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Deal with Upcoming Bank Charges When Closing a Current Account

Options
  • 28-12-2020 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, I'm thinking of closing my current account but I know there are fees impending at the end of the month (31 Dec), the new monthly charge of €6 and the old maintenance fee of €5 for 24 Aug - 22 Nov for a total of €11 but the online account closure instructions says that your balance has to be zero when closing the account but surely then if this is the case and if I closed the account right now after withdrawing everything and leaving zero balance then how would the fees be handled?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi SamShadow,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

Once your account is at zero, and you complete our online closure form before the end of the working day today, the fee's will be waived.

I have attached a link here to more information on how you can close an account with us.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SamShadow

Hi SamShadow,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

Once your account is at zero, and you complete our online closure form before the end of the working day today, the fee's will be waived.

I have attached a link here to more information on how you can close an account with us.

Thanks, Aisling
    Thanks for the information. If I close my Bank of Ireland current account will it affect my Bank of Ireland credit card i.e. will I still be able to hold on to the credit card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here.

Yes, you can continue to use your Credit Card as normal, this should not be affected by the closure of your Current Account.

Just to mention, you will lose access to your 365 online account if you close your Current Account, so if you currently view your Credit Card there you will be unable to do so going forward.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SamShadow

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here.

Yes, you can continue to use your Credit Card as normal, this should not be affected by the closure of your Current Account.

Just to mention, you will lose access to your 365 online account if you close your Current Account, so if you currently view your Credit Card there you will be unable to do so going forward.

Thanks, Aisling
    Thanks Aisling, I'm thankfully able to view my credit card from the https://bankofireland.creditcardservicing.com site so that shouldn't be a problem.

Advertisement