Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW17 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Have 2FTs and will be using Free Hit in GW18. But no idea who to bring in.

KDB & DCL > Zaha & Kane?

KDB & Lewis > Mane & Johnson (or 4m)?

Might just go with the first option. And take hits in DGW GW20 if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm gone off Mane after the last two performances so now thinking KDB and Wilson to Raphinha and Vardy. Leaves me enough itb to do Brewster to Antonio if he looks any way fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I'm gone off Mane after the last two performances so now thinking KDB and Wilson to Raphinha and Vardy. Leaves me enough itb to do Brewster to Antonio if he looks any way fit.

I thought Wilson looked really sharp in the first half in particular against Pool, but he is a frustrating player to own.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I thought Wilson looked really sharp in the first half in particular against Pool, but he is a frustrating player to own.

Yeah he did look sharp, I'd actually probably keep him this week if I didn't have two fts to use but will have him back for the FH next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

So many injuries at the back, so the plans are going to have to change.

Think I might just go Lamptey - Pieters. This will mean having both Pieters & Taylor with doubts over Taylor but tbf a Burnley double up at home to Fulham if they both play is not exactly the worst idea. But I will have to get rid of one eventually as I don't want a Burnley defence double up for the DGW, and the long term fixtures are not great.

It's a very sideways move but it's really needed to get playing players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Isn't Peters a bit risky? Taylor may only miss a couple of games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Would like to bring in a West Ham defender - is Coufal the best option? Would like to go cheaper and free some funds up but seems to be doubts about Fredericks, Balbuena & Johnson?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Degag wrote: »
    Would like to bring in a West Ham defender - is Coufal the best option? Would like to go cheaper and free some funds up but seems to be doubts about Fredericks, Balbuena & Johnson?

Fredericks lost his place to Coufal when he signed. Can never trust Ben Johnson to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Degag wrote: »

Ogbonn has started every game

siblers wrote: »

A bit alright but I need a defender in this week as currently only have 2 fit

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

actually have no idea what to do my brain is going to explode, anyone else getting rid of chelski and city players or waiting till deadline ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Burnley have so many injuries it’s likely both could play. I think both played recently with Pieters playing LW

Back to the drawing board now...won't be selling KDB.

Two fts proving a bit a hindrance now as I don't think I will free hit in 18 now but also don't want to take out players with a good fixture then. Something boring like Coufal to Holding/Lowton might be on the cards. Won't be playing Coufal in 19 now that Dias has a double.

Two fts proving a bit a hindrance now as I don't think I will free hit in 18 now but also don't want to take out players with a good fixture then. Something boring like Coufal to Holding/Lowton might be on the cards. Won't be playing Coufal in 19 now that Dias has a double.

Do you have enough players to warrant a BB in DGW19? I think Coufal is a great option for the DGW19. I've been holding him, mainly on my bench, for a long time with that GW in mind.

Gonna leave Taylor and maybe hope he is somewhat fit.

Matip is definitely out and gonna bring in equally injury prone Bailly :o But tbh, this is mainly with an eye on BGW18 & DGW19. Lindelof has his own injury problems so this should see Bailly get more game time.

I thought about doing this transfer last week but chickened out. JWP - Saka. Nicer fixtures and free up some cash. Adds an extra BGW18 player. I am a bit worried about JWP scoring some points against Liverpool in GW17 though, with his brilliant set piece delivery and Liverpool's CB problems. But he has blanked far too many times for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Konsa OUT
    Lowton IN

The most boring transfer

Gives me funds next week to go Steer - Ederson to ensure I get a locked in City asset

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Holding will do well to keep his place beyond this gameweek if it its a long term move for you. Mari has looked very good and Gabriel is back after this weekend.
    Fitz* wrote: »

I thought about doing this transfer last week but chickened out. JWP - Saka. Nicer fixtures and free up some cash. Adds an extra BGW18 player. I am a bit worried about JWP scoring some points against Liverpool in GW17 though, with his brilliant set piece delivery and Liverpool's CB problems. But he has blanked far too many times for me now.

Saka limped off in the last game and haven't heard anything further since but just to be aware, had planned the exact same move myself but this has put me off.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Holding will do well to keep his place beyond this gameweek if it its a long term move for you. Mari has looked very good and Gabriel is back after this weekend.

Saka limped off in the last game and haven't heard anything further since but just to be aware, had planned the exact same move myself but this has put me off.

Arsenal are just after giving this update - nice timing!

Saka, Willian, Luiz all available

https://www.arsenal.com/news/team-news-gabriel-partey-luiz-saka-willian

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I’ve a feeling Martinelli might be the one to hold his spot now that he’s back. Missed a lot of time with ACL but looked great whenever he played. Was very good over Christmas including against Chelsea. Started the last 3, could be the sort of player an under fire manager would try to build with

• Advertisement

Fitz* wrote: »
    Do you have enough players to warrant a BB in DGW19? I think Coufal is a great option for the DGW19. I've been holding him, mainly on my bench, for a long time with that GW in mind.

I have Steer, Mitchell and Brewster so definitely not enough for BB and want to use my fts on my first 11. Have 8 for GW18 if Mitchell and Brewster start so I don't really want to use my FH as I have most of the big hitters already and it just seems like it would be a waste.

Martinez Steer
    Robertson Dias Dallas Coufal Mitchell
    KDB Son Salah Bruno Soucek
    Wilson Bamford Brewster

0 itb. I'll be looking at Son and Wilson to Raphinha and Vardy for the dgwk but don't want to make those moves this week as Son and Wilson have a game next week. It's wrecking my.head now!

Brantwaithe is due to drop so will do him to Mitchell and hold Taylor for the time being

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Kane is plummeting on fplstatistics.

Get that he just Covid blanked and doesn’t have a DGW, but he has Leeds at home this week and a game in the blank week to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

CSF wrote: »
    Kane is plummeting on fplstatistics.

Get that he just Covid blanked and doesn’t have a DGW, but he has Leeds at home this week and a game in the blank week to follow.

And will want to celebrate Louie Harry being born.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    And will want to celebrate Louie Harry being born.

There’s no chance he gets the day off........right???

CSF wrote: »
    There’s no chance he gets the day off........right???

Kane won't want the day off I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Are any of the games under threat this game week?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Are any of the games under threat this game week?

Heard nothing yet but making no transfers until lunch time tomorrow

Kane won't want the day off I'd say

Couldn’t imagine so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Bernardo to Stones

Advertisement