Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW17 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Surely the Chelsea City game won't go ahead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

CSF wrote: »
    Couldn’t imagine so

He's lucky the baby was born in UK, a father would hardly have time to hold a baby yet along take a selfi in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Heard nothing yet but making no transfers until lunch time tomorrow

Chris Wilder thinks Palace Sheff Utd will go. Nothing official though. It's going to be a lottery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

El Sueño wrote: »
    Surely the Chelsea City game won't go ahead?

City back training, don’t foresee any further issues for that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Are any of the games under threat this game week?

Thing is though a game could be postponed in less than 24 hours depending on Covid situation at a club:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

2 FT this week
    Unsure what to do

Help please ??????

McCarthy (Martinez)
    Dallas Coufal Vestagaard (mitchell konsa)
    Salah Son Bruno Bowen (Mendy)
    DCL Kane Bamford

Vestagaard to Bednarek seems a sideways move and he has no game GW18.
    Bowen to Soucek could be one
    Harrison maybe or a Villa mid???

Help please

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

With 2 FT I did the below for a minus 4:

Fodder Keeper to Johnstone
    Taylor to Dallas
    DCL to Martial

I like Martial for a punt while Cavani is suspended.
    Dallas and Johnstone will play this week and for BB in DGW 19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

2 FT.

Would Rashford and Stones in for Grealish and Chilwell be a madness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ederson put a photo up on Instagram saying he is isolating

Lundstram wrote: »
    2 FT.

Would Rashford and Stones in for Grealish and Chilwell be a madness?

Can't see City or Chelsea keeping a clean sheet, I guess you need to do Chilwell to Stones to afford Rashford?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Holding will do well to keep his place beyond this gameweek if it its a long term move for you. Mari has looked very good and Gabriel is back after this weekend

He's played 90 minutes in 12 of the 13 games he's featured in this season. The 3 he missed he was injured for. Would be surprised to see him dropped at this stage especially after them winning their last two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

siblers wrote: »
    Can't see City or Chelsea keeping a clean sheet, I guess you need to do Chilwell to Stones to afford Rashford?
    Exactly and City with two nice fixtures in the DGW. I'll probably bench him v Chelsea.

Lundstram wrote: »
    Exactly and City with two nice fixtures in the DGW. I'll probably bench him v Chelsea.

I've Dias who I'll probably bench too.

I'd rather Rashford than Grealish at the moment so I like the two transfers you have in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I can see a Cheksea / City 0-0.

Teams are not the same of old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Any suggestions on defender:cool: under 7m to transfer in that has a DGW in 19? I'll lose transfer if don't use as using FH in GW 18.

I'd like to get Chilwell but I don't think I will due to the doubt over City v Chelsea game this GW. I'm currently leaning towards Maguire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Klonker wrote: »
    Any suggestions on defender:cool: under 7m to transfer in that has a DGW in 19? I'll lose transfer if don't use as using FH in GW 18.

I'd like to get Chilwell but I don't think I will due to the doubt over City v Chelsea game this GW. I'm currently leaning towards Maguire.

A city defender perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Degag wrote: »
    A city defender perhaps

Would rather not get Chelsea or City due to doubts of their game going ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Well it all depends on you you have for this week. If you got a city defender in (or Chilwell) have you adequate cover if they did not play? As you said yourself, your goal is towards the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Ederson to Martinez most likely. No sub GK so enforced move if Ederson is isolating.

Reversing the move I made when Villa Newcastle game was called off weeks ago.
    One of those seasons.

looking for a keeper with a game in 18 and a double in 19.
    and Pope and DDG too expensive for my other transfer plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Kdb to son, lamptey to dallas. Then have pretty much a full fit team. Fancy son now as mourinho must attack more and Leeds leave space.

Leaves me with 7 for BGW . While I would nearly run it, I only have one defender and no keeper so I will free hit. Therefore from my understanding I have no need for transfers next week as they will not count yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Kdb to son, lamptey to dallas. Then have pretty much a full fit team. Fancy son now as mourinho must attack more and Leeds leave space.

Leaves me with 7 for BGW . While I would nearly run it, I only have one defender and no keeper so I will free hit. Therefore from my understanding I have no need for transfers next week as they will not count yes?

If you FH you lose that weeks transfer.

If I was in your shoes I wouldn’t FH. You have 7 and a free transfer in GW18 so that brings you to 8. You would be free hitting to bring in 3 players, 2 of which would be defenders by the sounds of it.

I suppose it depends on who your 8 players are, but I certainly wouldn’t be opposed to only having 8 next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Benimar wrote: »
    If you FH you lose that weeks transfer.

If I was in your shoes I wouldn’t FH. You have 7 and a free transfer in GW18 so that brings you to 8. You would be free hitting to bring in 3 players, 2 of which would be defenders by the sounds of it.

I suppose it depends on who your 8 players are, but I certainly wouldn’t be opposed to only having 8 next week.

7 players
    Kilman
    Son
    Grealish
    Bissouma
    Dcl
    Bruno
    Wood

It's not star studded but I have not looked at what I can get in instead either yet. It feels right to do it, I've done no planning and it worked out with the recent covid issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Button to Meselier.

Gets me another DGW goalkeeper, and also gets me a Sub GK in case City/Chelsea gets cancelled (already have Mendy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

With the city training ground back open, I think it will be a case that the game goes ahead albeit with city missing Walker Jesus, and possible Ederson, Torres and one other.

No reason to suspect it will be cancelled -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Lamptey to Lowton, not sure who else in that price bracket is too appealing.

Will leave me with

Martinez
    Lowton, Dann, Dallas
    Grealish, Bruno (C), Salah, KDB, Soucek
    Kane, Bamford

Button, KWP, Brewster, Struijk

Wouldn't be overly confident about this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Stones and McGinn in with eyes on next 2 GW

Possibly Harrison and Firmino in for GW19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I dumped Mahrez for Mount. Probably because I'm a foolish fool, but hopefully not.

Will likely also drop DCL for Vardy for free.

FH in 18 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭shmeee

dsmythy wrote: »
    I dumped Mahrez for Mount. Probably because I'm a foolish fool, but hopefully not.

Will likely also drop DCL for Vardy for free.

FH in 18 for me.

I'm on the Mount (prayer and hope he delivers train also).

Not sure what move to make this GW.

FHing next week as have only 3 playing players as built towards DGW19 all along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Looking at doing KDB to Son and Taylor to Saiss. Has there been any talk of any games possibly being called off before I go ahead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Looking at doing KDB to Son and Taylor to Saiss. Has there been any talk of any games possibly being called off before I go ahead?

It would be a strange time to take out KDB. You know after Chelsea he has three home games in a row with two in a double game week.

Advertisement