Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to get away from pods. Help on where to go from here

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

zweton wrote: »
    Thats good to hear, been looking at it myself for a while trying to decide...did it take long to start geting a decent coffee out of it? Also do you have to tinker around with it each time you want one?

Took about a week to get it dialled in, and produced some awful espresso along the way! We stick to the same beans from the same roasters (Milano blend from Koffy.ie) and once we dialled it in its rare we’d have to adjust it.

There’s only three real variables (grind size, dosage and tamping pressure), so handy enough to figure out with a bit of trial and error.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭batman1

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I will buy an aeropress and use ground coffee for now and see where it takes me..

Without having to trawl through loads of threads where I don't understand the terminology, can anyone recommend where to buy decent ground coffee online. I don't like strong coffee, as in, making my heart beat out of my chest type....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

batman1 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for all the advice. I will buy an aeropress and use ground coffee for now and see where it takes me..

Without having to trawl through loads of threads where I don't understand the terminology, can anyone recommend where to buy decent ground coffee online. I don't like strong coffee, as in, making my heart beat out of my chest type....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058143617

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I was going to add as some other people are also moved from the plastic pod to a stainless steel pod and you can buy a kit of pod,scoop,tapper and bag of coffee so its helping the planet from less plastic pods.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭brevity

Check out James Hoffman’s channel on YouTube. He has lots of good videos on brew techniques and equipment reviews

https://youtube.com/channel/UCMb0O2CdPBNi-QqPk5T3gsQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭batman1

Was convinced on the aeropress until I seen the clever dripper. It seems well, clever...

It's perhaps something that is easy to use, easy to clean and might entice one further I to the rabbit hole......

Any reason why I couldn't try this as an alternative to pod machine ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

batman1 wrote: »
    Was convinced on the aeropress until I seen the clever dripper. It seems well, clever...

It's perhaps something that is easy to use, easy to clean and might entice one further I to the rabbit hole......

Any reason why I couldn't try this as an alternative to pod machine ?

Do you like black coffee? If so then go for it. You'll get great coffee with either one.

Clever is easier to use and clean. You can get a better coffee from the aeropress as you can vary recipes more but the clever is more consistent and idiot proof. If you enjoy the coffee you make you'll end up going down a rabbit hole which isn't a bad thing.

Advertisement