If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marantz pm 6006

Options
  • 28-12-2020 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi I've a Marantz pm 6006 amp and am looking to upgrade my old speakers shortly. I play mostly vinyl and some cds. I'm thinking about the B&W 606,607 and 607S2. I have a set of Atacama moseco 6 stands.
    Do you you have thoughts or suggestions for someone who's not to up on all the technical specifications.

Regards
    Mcdonut

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi McDonut,

the PM6006 is still a super amp and ALL the speakers you mention will work really well with it.

If you want a deal then the original 606 are really difficult to better at just £329 / 379€ - the S2 are without doubt better - but I'd probably rather invest some of the difference between the original and S2 versions in really good speaker cable and then fritter the rest away on new vinyl :D ..

If you are thinking of heading towards the 606 S2 Budget - do have a look at the Monitor Audio Silver 50 as well - they work really well with the PM6006 and are really revealing in terms of detail and they look pretty stunning as well!:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202734-monitor-audio-silver-50-black-oak-black-oak-speakers-per-pair.aspx

..and if you are searching for the BEST bargain - look at MA STUDIO's - simply stunning speakers and at a really silly price at the moment:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13407-monitor-audio-studio-satin-grey-satin-grey-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Thanks again McDonut and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

mcdonut wrote: »
    Hi I've a Marantz pm 6006 amp and am looking to upgrade my old speakers shortly. I play mostly vinyl and some cds. I'm thinking about the B&W 606,607 and 607S2. I have a set of Atacama moseco 6 stands.
    Do you you have thoughts or suggestions for someone who's not to up on all the technical specifications.

Regards
    Mcdonut
    Hi McDonut.

Any of those speakers would be a great addition.

The current price on the 606 and 607 are fantastic now that the S2 series are on the market.

The 606 coming in at 379 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204416-bowers-wilkins-606-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx

The 607 coming in at 299 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204440-bowers-wilkins-607-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Any of these speakers would fit the Moseco 6 Stands.

The 606 have been very popular and selling like hot cakes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mcdonut

Thanks guys for two separate replies. I'll give the store a call over next day or so with my choice.
    Do you have the speaker spike shoes and gel pads in stock for the Moseco stands?

Thanks

Thanks guys for two separate replies. I'll give the store a call over next day or so with my choice.
    Do you have the speaker spike shoes  and gel pads in stock for the Moseco stands?

Thanks
    Hi McDonut.

We wouldn't carry any spike shoes or pads unfortunately.

Drop us a call when you are ready and we can get you sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mcdonut

Hi again,

Ordered the speakers and cable through the website this afternoon.
    One more (possibly) dumb question... what's the best way to fix the speakers to the stand, I've read drill screws in,watched someone on YouTube suggesting Blutack...what the Richersounds recommendation?

Thanks again for the advice, and happy new year to all your staff.

• Advertisement

Hi again,

Ordered the speakers and cable through the website this afternoon.
    One more (possibly) dumb question... what's the best way to fix the speakers to the stand, I've read drill screws in,watched someone on YouTube suggesting Blutack...what the Richersounds recommendation?

Thanks again for the advice, and happy new year to all your staff.
    Hi Mcdonut.

Thanks for the order.

I would not recommend drilling holes or screwing into the speaker cabinet.
    This can cause stress on the cabinet and alter the sound quality especially if you went right through it with a screw.

Blutack or sticky pads would be my recommendation :)

Happy New Year!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.