Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Takeaway

Options
  • 28-12-2020 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all,

Any recommendations for gluten free takeaway dinner options - Tralee or Killarney?

Thanks,

Deborah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59,610 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Tripadvior throws up the following suggestions for Tralee (I don't think that the establishments are entirely gluten free but they appear to offer gluten free options per TripAdvisor):

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurants-g186613-zfz10992-Tralee_County_Kerry.html

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Chiarrai92

I'm unfortunate enough to be stuck with a gluten intolerance. I regularly eat "fast food" takeaways but as the previous poster said.. I would be very cautions about the food being 100% gluten free as cross contamination can happen

In kilarney the main place I am aware of that offers gluten free takeaways is robs ranch. They have a excellent gluten free selection.

I don't know about its current owners/management. But before it was robs ranch it was under a different name but I spoke to a manager there and at the time they used prepair all GF food, in the GF area at the back of the kitchen. I don't know if that has changed or not since their rebranding but iv often eaten there since with no issues

In tralee there MJs diner. They do one of the nicest burgers and chips have ever eaten but GF wise they don't offer much else unfortunately.

Alternativly there's new yorkers. They have a much better GF selection including a very nice GF pizza base and buffalo wings

With new yorkers and MJs I would advise caution as what iv seen with their burgers they cook them on the same hot plate as their normal burgers, and when both places are busy iv seen the cooks flip normal burger buns and flip mine immediately after so depending on your sensitivity you may want to avoid both. I am quite sensitive but I can honestly say i haven't had a issue with either place but I only have a intolerance and not proper celiac disease

Alternatively if you are after a "proper" dinner I'd highly recommend gallys. They are the only restaurant iv ever been to that have a full gluten free menu at the back of their menu booklet with multiple starters mains and deserts avaliable as well as the daily specials

Iv only ever eaten in the restaurant but I know they have always done takeaway dinners and if I'm not mistaken they currently have a drive through collection option!
    And actually.. As a GF person.. I can honestly say that between their specific GF menu their massive range of GF options. Gallys is probably the best GF restaurant iv ever eaten in, in Ireland or abroad. With Uncle Petes in Cork City Centre being a obvious second best

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Debs91

Chiarrai92 wrote: »
    I'm unfortunate enough to be stuck with a gluten intolerance. I regularly eat "fast food" takeaways but as the previous poster said.. I would be very cautions about the food being 100% gluten free as cross contamination can happen

In kilarney the main place I am aware of that offers gluten free takeaways is robs ranch. They have a excellent gluten free selection.

I don't know about its current owners/management. But before it was robs ranch it was under a different name but I spoke to a manager there and at the time they used prepair all GF food, in the GF area at the back of the kitchen. I don't know if that has changed or not since their rebranding but iv often eaten there since with no issues

In tralee there MJs diner. They do one of the nicest burgers and chips have ever eaten but GF wise they don't offer much else unfortunately.

Alternativly there's new yorkers. They have a much better GF selection including a very nice GF pizza base and buffalo wings

With new yorkers and MJs I would advise caution as what iv seen with their burgers they cook them on the same hot plate as their normal burgers, and when both places are busy iv seen the cooks flip normal burger buns and flip mine immediately after so depending on your sensitivity you may want to avoid both. I am quite sensitive but I can honestly say i haven't had a issue with either place but I only have a intolerance and not proper celiac disease

Alternatively if you are after a "proper" dinner I'd highly recommend gallys. They are the only restaurant iv ever been to that have a full gluten free menu at the back of their menu booklet with multiple starters mains and deserts avaliable as well as the daily specials

Iv only ever eaten in the restaurant but I know they have always done takeaway dinners and if I'm not mistaken they currently have a drive through collection option!
    And actually.. As a GF person.. I can honestly say that between their specific GF menu their massive range of GF options. Gallys is probably the best GF restaurant iv ever eaten in, in Ireland or abroad. With Uncle Petes in Cork City Centre being a obvious second best

Thank you so much for your detailed comment, I’m wheat intolerant so this is of great benefit to me. I’d like a dinner - so Gally’s seems like a great option, I guess we’ve got to take these little treats where we can get them as I miss actually going for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Debs91

Tripadvior throws up the following suggestions for Tralee (I don't think that the establishments are entirely gluten free but they appear to offer gluten free options per TripAdvisor):

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurants-g186613-zfz10992-Tralee_County_Kerry.html

Thank you for your comment, I’ll be sure to check these out.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭coleen

Lanas in Tralee have lots of GF options and is a nice takeaway option. They have their menu on line so you can check it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement