Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty - Part 2 - Read OP for mod warning (06/01)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

seamus wrote: »
    The video above presumably is Gemma O'Doherty committing more defamation against Beaumount Hospital, en route to her court case where she is being sued for....defamation against Beaumount Hospital.

may as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb.

Rhonda seems all right though. Ian Paisley Jnr seems the nuttier one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

20210618-175746.jpg

If Monday was a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

And yet again she fails to produce any evidence in court to support her case.

She is making references to a new newspaper !! That should be a roaring commercial success ... even genuine newspapers struggle to make money these days - her backers would want to have very deep pockets

• Registered Users Posts: 15,108 ✭✭✭✭elperello

quinneerr wrote: »
    Hold on a minute, times got hard in Ireland, many left and those who stayed suffered and eventually made Ireland into a decent country with their hard work, and you now think this means that those who remained in Ireland are obliged to throw open the doors and welcome everyone into Ireland just because some Irish left these land in years past.
    Is that the gist of it?
    Those that stayed are to pay the bill of those who left?

You might do well to have another look at the history of emigration from Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

where do you think her dad got his honorary doctorate?

Yes, he was known as Dr Ian Paisley. Lol.

He was ordained by his old man at age twenty and founded his own church. Lol again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aciquestion

quinneerr wrote: »
    Hold on a minute, times got hard in Ireland, many left and those who stayed suffered and eventually made Ireland into a decent country with their hard work, and you now think this means that those who remained in Ireland are obliged to throw open the doors and welcome everyone into Ireland just because some Irish left these land in years past.
    Is that the gist of it?
    Those that stayed are to pay the bill of those who left?

There's a lot to unpack there and I can only speak for my own family history and experience when I say that many of those who were forced to leave for greener pastures helped our country's recovery by sending money back home.

If nothing else, our history should make us more empathetic for those who have been forced to make new homes abroad.

Agree completely, but on a side note, if you're the "aciquestion" on twitter who posts about Gemma and John, thank you for helping me keep up with these lunatics lol

That's us!

It's a collective effort but with the country opening back up we're already struggling to keep up with her flow of bull**** between scoops and trips to Pennys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

They have serious tunnel vision conviction anyway. A bunch of clowns who didn’t get the vaccine telling the 3.5 million that got it without issue that its a death jab. Mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

A few here have said she may have mental health issues. I don't think so. She's been paid to spout the crap she spouts. She's not officially working is she? Not unless she's writing for that new paper The Irish Light. Even then it's only started so where is a constant stream of money coming from for her? She knows what she's doing. She knows spreading misinformation and batsh1t crazy conspiracy theories keeps her in the media. She's playing a very idiotic game. She knows she's got a following. Easily led, despondent people who will listen to her. I don't think ignoring her will make her go away either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

That's us!

It's a collective effort but with the country opening back up we're already struggling to keep up with her flow of bull**** between scoops and trips to Pennys.

So, to be clear - while people have been (rightly!) trying to get O'Doherty banned from YouTube, Facebook and Twitter for ages so her bigoted ****e has a much smaller audience that have to actively seek out her sermons, you and your friends actively scour her content, edit it down to bite-size chunks - edited highlights, effectively - and you repost it on the various mainstream channels that have finally banned her.

So, effectively, you get her free publicity and drive traffic to her site.

And you think this is a good thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

KKkitty wrote: »
    A few here have said she may have mental health issues. I don't think so. She's been paid to spout the crap she spouts. She's not officially working is she? Not unless she's writing for that new paper The Irish Light. Even then it's only started so where is a constant stream of money coming from for her? She knows what she's doing. She knows spreading misinformation and batsh1t crazy conspiracy theories keeps her in the media. She's playing a very idiotic game. She knows she's got a following. Easily led, despondent people who will listen to her. I don't think ignoring her will make her go away either.

I believe her late husband left her substancial amount of money/assets in his will.

She could also be funded by donations (and or) by right wing groups overseas.

Basically, she doesn't need to do a 9_ 5 job. She is financally comfortable....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

She is financally comfortable....

Hopefully this case will change that and leave her penniless

Hopefully this case will change that and leave her penniless

I'm sure her supporters will give her a few quid towards costs, after all, she and John are truth seekers....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I believe her late husband left her substancial amount of money/assets in his will.

She could also be funded by donations (and or) by right wing groups overseas.

Basically, she doesn't need to do a 9_ 5 job. She is financally comfortable....

Would this be the British born husband with a "non" Irish surname

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Would this be the British born husband with a "non" Irish surname

The Gemma we know and despise now wouldn't have married a non Irish person or would she?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

The Gemma we know and despise now wouldn't have married a non Irish person or would she?

It's not like she's a stranger to hypocrisy, though, is it? "Big pharma is evil and trying to kill us!" on the one hand, and "multi-award winning journalist *cough* including an award sponsored by Glaxo-Smith-Kline *cough*" on the other...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Serious question. Is she mentally ill? I'm sure this has been asked before, but I get the impression that all of this is directly related to the the death of her husband. At least, it set her down this path.
    Should we be treating her like a normal healthy person, or does she deserve some sympathy and help.

A few here have said she may have mental health issues. I don't think so. She's been paid to spout the crap she spouts.

The rebranded British newsletter that she's distributing (a grand way of saying "pushing through unsuspecting people's letterboxes!") here is a freesheet and doesn't pay for contributions.

As others have said, she's financially well off thanks to her successful legal action and whatever her late husband may have left her.

Having zero qualifications or experience in the mental health field, I wouldn't be qualified to say what the state of her mind is though I believe that an interesting piece could be written about her slow descent into the depths of believing pretty much every conspiracy theory there is out there. She's the perfect case study for why you shouldn't let yer ma onto the internet unaccompanied.

A companion piece about her lurch into zealotry is also there to be written, she seems to have found God in a serious way since her humiliating performance at the last general election.

Is it all a grift ? If it is, it's a relatively restrained one - she very seldom solicits donations on her streams and while she has donation buttons on her sites they're not obnoxious in the way such things usually are.

In her SIPO filing last year, she said that "no public money has been used or spent" by her third party political fund-raising group and that its actions where entirely self-funded (As a new user I can't link to the source but the-beacon dot ie have a good story on it with a screenshot of her e-mail declaring this).

She's since sought to have ACI removed from SIPO's register of Third Parties and some might question why it was never actually registered as a political party in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

As others have said, she's financially well off thanks to her successful legal action and whatever her late husband may have left her.
    Multiple houses, horses, constant legal bills and battles, presidential campaigns, large advertising compaigns on the sides of Dublin bus, and on and on the list goes.

Unless she got an 8 figure payout, which she didn't, that money is long, long, long gone.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

She would have got a huge chunk from her parent's will too. Her mother died in 2012 and her father before that. They owned pharmacies and property.

Personally I think that this would be more than her legal wins and husband's will and life insurance combined.

Gemma probably gets the BBC every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Gemma probably gets the BBC every weekend.

I'd say she's more a fan of GB News now.

[but yes, I did know what you meant]

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I'd say she's more a fan of GB News now.

[but yes, I did know what you meant]

It won't be long till she's a regular on GB news imo, she will fit right in with Brendan O neill

VinLieger wrote: »
    It won't be long till she's a regular on GB news imo, she will fit right in with Brendan O neill

Given their target audience she'd fit right in.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

VinLieger wrote: »

Moronic. O'Neil is the opposite of Gemma, and that weirdo James O'Brien. Coherent, for a start. Gemma O'Dohrty is a mentally unbalanced hate filled retard, pretty much like the lefties who oppose her. Both sides on a horrible slide to disability dole and suicide.

I'd followed BON for years an found myself outraged at his position opposing closing UK pubs in March 2020

What do you know, he was right. It was nonsense.

Moronic. O'Neil is the opposite of Gemma, and that weirdo James O'Brien. Coherent, for a start. Gemma O'Dohrty is a mentally unbalanced hate filled retard, pretty much like the lefties who oppose her. Both sides on a horrible slide to disability dole and suicide.

I'd followed BON for years an found myself outraged at his position opposing closing UK pubs in March 2020

What do you know, he was right. It was nonsense.

Right on cue

It's not like she's a stranger to hypocrisy, though, is it? "Big pharma is evil and trying to kill us!" on the one hand, and "multi-award winning journalist *cough* including an award sponsored by Glaxo-Smith-Kline *cough*" on the other...

I would bet my life savings that Gemma

a- pays her TV licence

b- has taken the vaccine

c- has immigrants in one of her rental propeties

She is an absolute spoofer who is terrified of being held to account over anything.

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Right on cue

?

O'Neill was right about the Covid shutdowns. Anybody under the age of 60 can see that tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement