Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty - Part 2 - Read OP for mod warning (06/01)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

What many don't realise is many folk who question whats going on or are into natural health and don't want vaccines etc most of these people in fact I would say the vast vast want nothing to do with her. Therfore you can see how trite and immature it is when anyone who questions lockdowns or checkpoints etc on this or at work or wherever is immediately labelled a Gemma or a Gemmoid or some other ****e. Be like those folk calling everyone else sheep all day long. She is more of a hinderance than a help to highlighting issues.

I've met her. In person she can be polite and seems fragile but changes like the wind and then can be like thunder and also she is one incredibly paranoid person. She is genuinely convinced people (Gardai) are out to get her or kill her. She has said on numerous times Gardai will kill her and delusion or not it's a legitimate concern to her.

She also doesn't dirty her hands. She is manipulative and has about 4 dedicated drones who are slavishly loyal to her. Dee/Andy etc. They do all the fighting for her online, are sent to basically every protest with their own banners (hers!) and will defend her ferociously.Dee is her main drone. Hasn't the brains to see Gemma is using her to gain support on the ground though Gemma hasn't the brains to see not one respectable employed person will have anything to do with Dee and Andy and co. Way she sees it any port in a storm. Not ideal to have them as her main minions but no one else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,763 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Not ideal to have them as her main minions but no one else.

For all her activity, noise and hate she hasn't gained any support whatsoever. The same dozen or so people that always dance for her for the last few years but now shes been disowned by other paytriots.

Almost broke, unemployable, no friends, no family and ostracised from nearly all of society. You'd hate to see it.

Have a look at this ****ing idiot.

https://www.thejournal.ie/freedom-of-information-request-covid-19-hse-does-not-exist-5312279-Dec2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭BnB

What many don't realise is many folk who question whats going on or are into natural health and don't want vaccines etc most of these people in fact I would say the vast vast want nothing to do with her. Therfore you can see how trite and immature it is when anyone who questions lockdowns or checkpoints etc on this or at work or wherever is immediately labelled a Gemma or a Gemmoid or some other ****e. Be like those folk calling everyone else sheep all day long. She is more of a hinderance than a help to highlighting issues.

So essentially, what you're saying is, you're not one of Gemma's gang.... you're one of Dolores Cahill's gang.

You do realise that your gang is just as nuts as hers....!!!! To the 99+% of normal people going about their daily lives, you are all just in the same pot of anti-vax conspiracy theory loons. Whether ye decide to sub divide in that looney pot between the stack raving mad loons on one side and the mumbling dribbling croaking loons on the other, is up to yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

There will be Moderna, Pfizer, and other manufacturers.
    How does anyone know if the actual vaccine is the same? Could even, various batches at different times differ somewhat?
    Different groups of people may be vaccinated with different manufacturers' vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,419 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

How does anyone know if the actual vaccine is the same? Could even, various batches at different times differ somewhat?
    Different groups of people may be vaccinated with different manufacturers' vaccines.

there is a whole forum for covid related questions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

This is a government failure.

Rather than having an absolute gobdaw like Simon Harris assure people it is safe, a series of documentaries on RTE about vaccines in Ireland, straight after the 9pm news. About where we were before them (polio, TB). A frank outline of the percent of adverse reactions per vaccine, a concise explanation to the people of what went wrong with the swine flu vaccine for several people, and why this won't happen again.

Something like this should have been done when the Vaxxed documentary came out. Vaxxed is slick, and it employs what seem to be knowledgeable talking heads, yet there are little to no scene by scene rebuttals out there.

People would be more on board with a thorough explanation of why this is good rather than a "trust me" from a FF or FG spoofer.

And yes, I have no problem taking the vaccine myself.

I think the elderly, who generally are already quite reliant on various cocktails of meds and vaccines as they get older, are probably quite keen on the vaccine. Once they are double vaccinated, and the rest of the over 65's are, can we really justify remaining shut down for a virus that for the bulk of people below that age we don't even realise we have? Is there even a need to force these people to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

I'd disagree, Boards is perceived a lot like the BBC is, depending on your political leanings.

To the Left, the BBC is a haven for the Right Wing. To the Right-Wing, it is a haven for the woke and Far-Left. The reality is, the BBC is Centre-Left, at worst.

Boards is the same - Centre-Left. But because political discourse has become so polarised, it is now either Far-Left or Far-Right depending on political leanings. And the profile of those that post about political issues on message boards

I agree entirely. Twitter is a microcosm of this, you'd think everyone in Ireland was either far left or far right on it when, in reality, the vast majority are ever so slightly centre right or centre left. Including the main political parties FF, FG, SF, Lab, SD etc. What we have in common is far more than whats different between us!

Rather than having an absolute gobdaw like Simon Harris assure people it is safe, a series of documentaries on RTE about vaccines in Ireland, straight after the 9pm news. About where we were before them (polio, TB). A frank outline of the percent of adverse reactions per vaccine, a concise explanation to the people of what went wrong with the swine flu vaccine for several people, and why this won't happen again.

Something like this should have been done when the Vaxxed documentary came out. Vaxxed is slick, and it employs what seem to be knowledgeable talking heads, yet there are little to no scene by scene rebuttals out there.

People would be more on board with a thorough explanation of why this is good rather than a "trust me" from a FF or FG spoofer.

I think the elderly, who generally are already quite reliant on various cocktails of meds and vaccines as they get older, are probably quite keen on the vaccine. Once they are double vaccinated, and the rest of the over 65's are, can we really justify remaining shut down for a virus that for the bulk of people below that age we don't even realise we have? Is there even a need to force these people to get it?

Noone is being forced to get any vaccination. It will be totally ones own choice.

There's also plenty of safety information online easily available from credible resources explain the safety of vaccinations if you look for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You know that the vast majority of people will never watch utter sh1te like 'Vaxxed'? Why would government or medical profession want to give it any credibility by addressing it?

Vaccine information is available from medics, from the CMO and NPHET at a macro level, from your GP at local level.
    I'd disagree, Boards is perceived a lot like the BBC is, depending on your political leanings.

To the Left, the BBC is a haven for the Right Wing. To the Right-Wing, it is a haven for the woke and Far-Left. The reality is, the BBC is Centre-Left, at worst.

Boards is the same - Centre-Left. But because political discourse has become so polarised, it is now either Far-Left or Far-Right depending on political leanings. And the profile of those that post about political issues on message boards

I wasn't suggesting that the majority of people on boards are far-right. But it does seem like the majority of far-right people are on boards - it is their preferred home these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Vaccine information is available from medics, from the CMO and NPHET at a macro level, from your GP at local level.

No it isn't.

A doctor won't have more than 10 minutes to hurriedly discuss what might be dozens of questions one might have about vaccine safety. Unless you are willing to part with about 540 euro to clear his morning appointments for a one on one breakdown.

I've never seen a HSE vaccine safety document for public distribution that actually went into details. It is a 2 page document with a smiling healthy baby on it for the most part.

The CMO and his deputy were claiming during all of August to October that despite going from single figures in mid June to hundreds by September, foreign travel contributed circa 2 percent to this. They released a deeply flawed study linking the opening of pubs to the spread of the virus in September that completely ignored the reopening of schools and colleges at the time, and foreign travel, as a factor. It was nothing less than a furthering of their anti pub agenda.

The CMO is probably the last person people would trust regarding a vaccine.

All of the above could be sorted by a series of documentaries or interactive current affair type set ups on the state broadcaster. But they won't bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭BnB

No it isn't.

A doctor won't have more than 10 minutes to hurriedly discuss what might be dozens of questions one might have about vaccine safety. Unless you are willing to part with about 540 euro to clear his morning appointments for a one on one breakdown.

I've never seen a HSE vaccine safety document for public distribution that actually went into details. It is a 2 page document with a smiling healthy baby on it for the most part.

The CMO and his deputy were claiming during all of August to October that despite going from single figures in mid June to hundreds by September, foreign travel contributed circa 2 percent to this. They released a deeply flawed study linking the opening of pubs to the spread of the virus in September that completely ignored the reopening of schools and colleges at the time, and foreign travel, as a factor. It was nothing less than a furthering of their anti pub agenda.

All of the above could be sorted by a series of documentaries or interactive current affair type set ups on the state broadcaster. But they won't bother.

The thing is that the vast majority of people don't want that explanation that is going to require a few hours of a one on one breakdown.

They don't have "dozens" of questions about Vaccine safety to ask their doctor. They will trust their doctor to make good decisions on their health for them. If you don't have that trust in your doctor, then you need to change doctors (as people often do)

Also, most people don't believe that the government has an "anti-pub agenda".

RE the series of Documentaries about Vaccines on RTE at prime time..... Mother of sweet Jehovah are you in earnest ? Who are these documentaries aimed at ?

Is it for he 99% who just want to get the vaccine and get on with their lives....? - They don't need or want it and will probably just switch over to Love Island or Big Brother or whatever the fock is flavor of the month these days...

Or is it for the 1% Anti-vaxxers...? If I thought it would make a difference, I'd say maybe..go for it.... But it won't. These are generally just anti-everything conspiracy theory gobsheens. If it comes from the government or RTE.... then it's baaaaad. If it comes from a loon on YouTube.... then it's life-changing information.

No it isn't.

Vaccination programmes is literally part of his job.

Go into your GP, its part of their job to discuss health concerns with you. Theres a big thing about vaccination ingredients and side effects. I'll say 2 things to people with those concerns:
    1) Do you know what the ingredients of coca cola is or cigarettes? I sure as hell dont but I still drink a can of coke.
    2) Did you know on drugs.com theres 60 side effects listed for 1 medicine alone. That medication.....paracetamol. One of the best, most widely prescribed and safest medications taken world wide.

Also, if you're looking for vaccination safety info:

https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/vaccineswork/eiwfacts.pdf

https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/hcpinfo/guidelines/immunisationguidelines.html

https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/infomaterials/

http://www.hpra.ie/homepage/medicines/covid-19-updates/safety-monitoring-of-covid-19-vaccines

https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/hcpinfo/guidelines/covid19.pdf

(This is an 18 page document with more than enough information you'll need, certainly more than a 2 page document you mention above. Its also available for all vaccinations available in Ireland now).

For international info:

https://www.vaccines.gov/basics/vaccine_ingredients

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/additives.htm

https://www.publichealth.org/public-awareness/understanding-vaccines/goes-vaccine/

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/why-vaccination-is-safe-and-important/

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/human-regulatory/overview/public-health-threats/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/treatments-vaccines/covid-19-vaccines-key-facts

More than enough info for you to read here if you want it. It's a bit harder than looking at youtube links mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I wasn't suggesting that the majority of people on boards are far-right. But it does seem like the majority of far-right people are on boards - it is their preferred home these days.

Indeed. Can clearly be seen over on the Clonee tyread where only certain narratives are allowed. Laughable that these people claim to be proponents of free speech.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Indeed. Can clearly be seen over on the Clonee tyread where only certain narratives are allowed. Laughable that these people claim to be proponents of free speech.

A lot of these "far right" types are just bored Facebook addicts who go down rabbit holes. Trawling comment sections and falling victim to Facebook algorithms. They couldn't stand behind or explain their "beliefs" in a real world conversation.

Same for Gemma, which is why she would never do an honest interview. She would be humiliated. Although she does a decent job of that herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Seems foolish to frame this discussion in terms of one woman, why not have a general "loony left/right conspiracy and court hearing" thread?

and then shove it in the CT forum? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭whippet

Does anyone know what Dee's weekly convoys to the north are all about ? what is the purpose of them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

No doubt some of the usual suspects ... fair play that paper calling them out

Eq6SL-zW4AAhlMp?format=jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

whippet wrote: »
    Does anyone know what Dee's weekly convoys to the north are all about ? what is the purpose of them ?

Trying to unite the country or something I think. What is the overall purpose of anything she and her pals do to be honest. They probably earn a few euro from the conspiracy theory believers but it’s hard to see what their goals are apart from vague references to taking back our country etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭hynesie08

They seemed to abandon their cars outside the gpo last time, be a real shame if their happened to be a traffic warden on duty if they tried it again....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

No it isn't.

So you want the public broadcaster to spend hundreds of thousands of euro, maybe even millions of euro on putting together documentaries that give credibility to quack conspiracy theorists to solve a problem that isn't worth €500 for you to spend?

It doesn't really add up.

When you're dealing with people who believe that a guitar pedal circuit diagram, complete with bass, treble, volume labels is the 5G chip embedded in the vaccine, spending millions on documentaries isn't going to help.

https://twitter.com/mariofusco/status/1343547724013187072

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

When you're dealing with people who believe that a guitar pedal circuit diagram, complete with bass, treble, volume labels is the 5G chip embedded in the vaccine, spending millions on documentaries isn't going to help.

https://twitter.com/mariofusco/status/1343547724013187072

The fact that it's a Metalzone pedal makes it so much better.

*Plays the intro to "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica with a plectrum and distortion dialled up all the way*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Shocking. Do you have a link to it?

I dont know how to embed it but here it is, a prominent DJ also tweeted it along with the footage from last year but then deleted the tweet

https://twitter.com/SteBreen/status/1346396355653201921?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 10,306 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Came in to post that myself. Real world consequences.

Is that the only source? Was it defo him?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

whippet wrote: »

To prove covid is fake?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It may be unpopular to say but that Tweet by Stephen Breen is shoddy and unhelpful to anyone.

To take a man's suicide and use it like that is an awful thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,304 ✭✭✭✭endacl

sydthebeat wrote: »
    In before anyone claims otherwise, but she's a vile racist woman
    I claim otherwise. She's an odious, xenophobic....

Well. I won't argue with 'woman'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

humberklog wrote: »
    It may be unpopular to say but that Tweet by Stephen Breen is shoddy and unhelpful to anyone.

To take a man's suicide and use it like that is an awful thing to do.

I agree. He has no idea what has gone on here and purposely made a cryptic tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,419 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I agree. He has no idea what has gone on here and purposely made a cryptic tweet.

there is nothing cryptic about the tweet. He is quite clear in what he says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

there is nothing cryptic about the tweet. He is quite clear in what he says.

That must be why loads of the replies are asking what's going on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement