Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty - Part 2 - Read OP for mod warning (06/01)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    id class the yellow vests more left than anything, wouldnt surprise me if there was a few lefties involved in irexit to

There may be a few involved, but yellow vests and most certainly Irexit can be comfortable classed as right wing. Still though, they'd be like a bag of cats if they ever tried to form a political party.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,572 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

id class the yellow vests more left than anything, wouldnt surprise me if there was a few lefties involved in irexit to

Yellow vests in Ireland are very very much a right wing / conspiracy theory group.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I reckon with the week that was and all that happened she might maybe get some clarity and tone it down abit. Same goes for the other right wing talking heads, they dont want rise their heads too far above the parapet incase of being deplatformed also

Ye what? Gemma was thrown off twitter, facebook snd youtube ages ago. Gemma tones up not down.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

A mix of lefties and righties, in one party! I can't see that working

Lefties? Who?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 29,380 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

There may be a few involved, but yellow vests and most certainly Irexit can be comfortable classed as right wing. Still though, they'd be like a bag of cats if they ever tried to form a political party.
    sydthebeat wrote: »
    Yellow vests in Ireland are very very much a right wing / conspiracy theory group.
    Lefties? Who?

as discussed....

• Advertisement

Nah - Yellow Vests and Irexit are racist so definitely on the far right

Terry Pratchet

Nah - Yellow Vests and Irexit are racist so definitely on the far right

as discussed, id say theres a few lefties around there alright, but i do also accept, primarily righties

as discussed, id say theres a few lefties around there alright, but i do also accept, primarily righties

Ok but where is the evidence of these left wing yellow vest people. And its not righties. They are far right.

Terry Pratchet

Ok but where is the evidence of these left wing yellow vest people. And its not righties. They are far right.

am i right in saying some pbp folks were involved in yellow vest movements?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,763 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    I can't understand why the Irexit/IFP, Renua, National Party, Yellow Vests, Christian Solidarity & Jobs Party, Identity Ireland, Gemma, Andy, Graham, Ben, Dolores, Flange etc. all don't unite and form one party to at least have some chance?

They're all full of hate and anger. Thats why mot of them spend their evenings talking into a laptop screen to the same few dozen people in an echo chamber.

Most of them are overly sensitive cowards aswell so they don't like opposing views.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

No, you're not.

It's quite possible some left-wingers were involved in the very early days of YVI, when it wasn't quite clear what it was and before it had its split and then one side of that split disappeared completely.

As soon as it did become clear that what remained was all far-right populism, that support disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Yellow vests most heavily associate with SF voters, conspiracy theorists arent always ‘far right’
    Blaming the bankers/globalists (jews) for your ills is a solid ‘left wing’ conspiracy theory thats been up there for years

No. When Yellow Vests started there was an alternative left wing yellow vest group that set up.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Yellow vests most heavily associate with SF voters, conspiracy theorists arent always ‘far right’
    Blaming the bankers/globalists (jews) for your ills is a solid ‘left wing’ conspiracy theory thats been up there for years

While SF are a left wing party a significant minority of their support most certainly is not, there are more than a few far right nationalist types in that support, usually thick as **** too.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

'solid left wing conspiracy'? Fairly common in fascist arguments from the 30s, and is seen in many of the Qanon and alt-right conspiracy theories today.

While SF are a left wing party a significant minority of their support most certainly is not, there are more than a few far right nationalist types in that support, usually thick as **** too.

Their ‘lefty’ position is just to get the young onboard , the diehard voters are the opposite of this and im sure the ‘woke’ position has been explained to the core. Its done so a lager swilling perpetually unemployed ‘up de ra’ type can tell his single mother daughter ‘shure mary lou will get you a free gaf’

Their ‘lefty’ position is just to get the young onboard , the diehard voters are the opposite of this and im sure the ‘woke’ position has been explained to the core. Its done so a lager swilling perpetually unemployed ‘up de ra’ type can tell his single mother daughter ‘shure mary lou will get you a free gaf’

What's it actually like - having to generate so much energy to reserve for bile and hatred of huge swathes of society? Is it not exhausting?!

What's it actually like - having to generate so much energy to reserve for bile and hatred of huge swathes of society? Is it not exhausting?!

When we discuss welfare leeching - ‘sure its a tiny minority of people’

Other discussions - ‘huge swathes of society’

Other discussions - ‘huge swathes of society’

But it's not just "welfare leeches" you hate, though, is it.

But it's not just "welfare leeches" you hate, though, is it.

Realistically its most of it, anyone who is not a net benefit to the economy I have issue with. And ofcourse anyone who supports politics that increase tax or decrease freedoms for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,242 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Realistically its most of it, anyone who is not a net benefit to the economy I have issue with. And ofcourse anyone who supports politics that increase tax or decrease freedoms for me.

People on long term sick and disability - what would you like done with them?

I'm guessing you're the kind who wants loads of services but don't want to pay for any of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Er, no, it's a right wing conspiracy theory that a tiny tiny minority who claim to be on the left have been sucked into.

Yellow vests most heavily associate with SF voters

Have you any evidence for this assertion?

Are you referring to tax evasion and avoidance by MNC's and the super-rich? Probably not. Your type always pick on the weakest targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The oul grifting seems to be working out pretty well for Dee, judging by the jammer she's driving;

https://twitter.com/TheBeaconIrl/status/1348274959358058496

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Acosta

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Er, no, it's a right wing conspiracy theory that a tiny tiny minority who claim to be on the left have been sucked into.

The only antisemitism I've come across on social media is from members of the national party and their supporters. I remember one who I think attended the noose rally, or another one of theirs around that time, getting kicked off twitter for it because the antisemitism was so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭francois

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Acosta

The oul grifting seems to be working out pretty well for Dee, judging by the jammer she's driving;

It's tough on the Guards having to deal with this lot but there's not much they can do. Despite a lot of talk from the government at various stages since last March, there is no legislation as far as I know that means they can do anything other than advise people.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,774 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Blaring and screeching about the constitution....to a PSNI office....thick scumbag.

Her favourite fashion accessory the crutch is back...lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,774 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Acosta wrote: »
    It's tough on the Guards having to deal with this lot but there's not much they can do. Despite a lot of talk from the government at various stages since last March, there is no legislation as far as I know that means they can do anything other than advise people.
    Huh?
    That is simply not true.
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/coronavirus-ireland-fines-levelfive-rules-19593366

Very few have been it doesn't mean they can't.

France have been handing out a tonne of fines etc.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/coronavirus-france-fines-update-christophe-castaner-a9440146.html
    As have Spain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement