Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty - Part 2 - Read OP for mod warning (06/01)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Acosta wrote: »
    It's tough on the Guards having to deal with this lot but there's not much they can do. Despite a lot of talk from the government at various stages since last March, there is no legislation as far as I know that means they can do anything other than advise people.

Can't wait to get get the legislation so they can behave like the rest of the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Acosta wrote: »
    It's tough on the Guards having to deal with this lot but there's not much they can do. Despite a lot of talk from the government at various stages since last March, there is no legislation as far as I know that means they can do anything other than advise people.

They can do more than that.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/garda-covid-laws-5317994-Jan2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,763 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

How bored are these people?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 10,306 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Have you any evidence for this assertion?

Good luck with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Have you any evidence for this assertion?

The yellow vest ireland hq was the SF shop on parnell street, sf flags at rallies, many waering the lily at the yellowvest protests, its not hard to correlate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

The yellow vest ireland hq was the SF shop on parnell street, sf flags at rallies, many waering the lily at the yellowvest protests, its not hard to correlate.

Can you provide a link from a reliable mainstream media source with regard to your assertion that the yellow vest Ireland HQ was the SF shop on Parnell Street. I searched "Sinn Fein and Yellow Vests" and found a few rumours but nothing definitive.

The yellow vest movement in France was a populist right wing movement. I would be surprised if SF would associate themselves with it in Ireland but if you have a link I will look at it.

The oul grifting seems to be working out pretty well for Dee, judging by the jammer she's driving;

https://twitter.com/TheBeaconIrl/status/1348274959358058496

Gas. Dee is at the front causing the traffic jam. I'm guessing they asked her to move on but she wanted to cause a scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Acosta

gmisk wrote: »
    Huh?
    That is simply not true.
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/coronavirus-ireland-fines-levelfive-rules-19593366

Very few have been it doesn't mean they can't.

France have been handing out a tonne of fines etc.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/coronavirus-france-fines-update-christophe-castaner-a9440146.html
    As have Spain.

I was of the understanding it was essentially just guidelines and no legislation had been passed to issue fines. Seems odd that they just wouldn't deal with that crowd constantly breaking restrictions if they have the power to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Gas. Dee is at the front causing the traffic jam. I'm guessing they asked her to move on but she wanted to cause a scene.

Claiming the guards were blocking the road when they clearly weren't...

What was the upshot of those shannnanagins?

• Advertisement

Was that not down to the Yellow Vest lads stealing the privacy policy from the SF website and forgetting to change the address?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Claiming the guards were blocking the road when they clearly weren't...

What was the upshot of those shannnanagins?
    Attention seekers seeking attention?

Was that not down to the Yellow Vest lads stealing the privacy policy from the SF website and forgetting to change the address?

Sounds like a more likely explanation...but we'll await Eric's link.

why of all websites would they steal that one ?

Can you provide a link from a reliable mainstream media source with regard to your assertion that the yellow vest Ireland HQ was the SF shop on Parnell Street. I searched "Sinn Fein and Yellow Vests" and found a few rumours but nothing definitive.

The yellow vest movement in France was a populist right wing movement. I would be surprised if SF would associate themselves with it in Ireland but if you have a link I will look at it.

sorry I don't think the morning star, the guardian or the Irish times have really covered the crossover.

Why are you so mad to distance them from each other, both groups if separate are hardly worth defending.

sorry I don't think the morning star, the guardian or the Irish times have really covered the crossover.

Why are you so mad to distance them from each other, both groups if separate are hardly worth defending.

This is just waffle and spin to avoid admitting that you can't provide a link and and are spouting fake news.

why of all websites would they steal that one ?

Why not?

This is just waffle and spin to avoid admitting that you can't provide a link and and are spouting fake news.

?width=600&version=4443263

Irish republic flag sold in the SF shop - check
    man with 1920 written on his yellow vest - the year SF gained control of the 10 of 12 city councils in Ireland - check
    Irish flags everywhere - check
    Irish language material - check
    they're anti SCC, they're heavily republican, they're ready for violence.

come on its like looking at 2 apples falling off the same tree and saying that ones not the same as the other because its a little more red.

man with 1920 written on his yellow vest - the year SF gained control of the 10 of 12 city councils in Ireland - check

come on its like looking at 2 apples falling off the same tree and saying that ones not the same as the other because its a little more red.

There's precisely one Irish flag in that photo. The vast majority of them are not carrying flags of any type. Far from being proof of heavily republican sympathies among the protestors, the photo you yourself produced as evidence of your thesis demonstrates the opposite. As for 'ready for violence', I've seen more readiness for violence at the local Bingo Hall.

But even leaving that aside...your thinking is plain weird....twisted actually. Irish flags and Irish language brochures - even if there were a bunch of them in evidence, which there aren't - are proof of 'readiness for violence' and SF allegiance? Er, no. What have you got against the Irish flag and the Irish language?

I assume you are a big Ruth Dudley Earnest/Eoghan Harris fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭cravings

Irish republic flag can be bought from síol na heireann website.

• Advertisement

Hilarious. I've no opinion on what you were talking about but this as prove is ridiculous. That picture could easily be mistaken for a GOD protest, other than the yellow vests.

Hilarious. I've no opinion on what you were talking about but this as prove is ridiculous. That picture could easily be mistaken for a GOD protest, other than the yellow vests.

as is mine that it could easily be mistaken for an SF protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

There's precisely one Irish flag in that photo.

There's one guy alone carrying 2 Irish flags, either that or he got lost on his way home from Cote D'Ivoire.
    There are other flags there as well. Trying to be smart, and then stating absolute nonsense does your argument no favours

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Less Irish flags than you'd see outside the GPO for a Gemma/Dee protest.

Someone has 1920 written on a yellow vest so that's proof they're a SF supporter? Because that's the year they won a majority of local city council elections? Really?! Ok, if you say so... that doesn't sound like Gemma-level woo at all, so it doesn't!

(If they are an SF supporter and if they did write "1920" on their vest, it's probably more likely to represent the year of Bloody Sunday, no? Just a thought.)

Where is there Irish-language material, and what's wrong with people at a protest in Ireland having Irish-language material?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,855 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

show us a an SF TD a Councillor anyone _currently_ with a specific position in SF at any level at these yellow vest/anti-mask protests? (not somebody who appears to be an SF supporter but somebody with a position in SF)

as is mine that it could easily be mistaken for an SF protest.

????

There is nothing distinctly SF in that picture

• Registered Users Posts: 6,426 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Quazzie wrote: »
    There's one guy alone carrying 2 Irish flags, either that or he got lost on his way home from Cote D'Ivoire.
    There are other flags there as well. Trying to be smart, and then stating absolute nonsense does your argument no favours

There is more than one protester draped in the tricolour.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

show us a an SF TD a Councillor anyone _currently_ with a specific position in SF at any level at these yellow vest/anti-mask protests?

Haha yeah no you wont find any

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,306 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    There is more than one protester draped in the tricolour.

The tricolour has been co-opted by any and all loopers. Does not represent Republican leanings for the most part in these cretins hands.

It's more of an 'Ireland for the Irish' thing, check out that cnut Mick O'Keefe and his ilk on Twitter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement