Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty - Part 2 - Read OP for mod warning (06/01)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,278 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Penfailed wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance...but what is doxxing? While I'm here, what is grifting?
    It's when you find out and expose someone's identity online. It's not a nice thing to experience.

Gifting is basically scamming people over time.

Grifting is scamming people for money. Without the financial aspect, it's not grifting.

Look at Tan Torino and Andy Heasman. The former Cnut tries to sell merch and looks for 'petrol for the engine'. The latter cnut wants money for a Patriot Hut.

Paytriots, the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Zookey123 wrote: »
    Online harassment? This guy spat on a defenceless woman on the ground but god forbid anyone call him out on it. The guy deserves what he gets. Don't want to look like a fool to the rest of the world? Then maybe act like a reasonable adult?

ok. he was off-side there. but the "don't want to look like a fool" ..... this is exactly the hold that all a.i. has on the masses of the general public now.

People are not machines, they err; and maybe sometimes dopily snubbing all of those smartphones and spyware security cameras, [and the covert spineless gets behind them] is not so bad.

Nurse!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

nah. not embarrassing. he just seems a soul that is kind.
    And the lovely Garda! even tempered, but very well trained.

The man should have said "I am on a lawful journey". Some persons say to say that, and that the Gardai cannot then stop you?
    ok. he was off-side there. but the "don't want to look like a fool" ..... this is exactly the hold that all a.i. has on the masses of the general public now.

People are not machines, they err; and maybe sometimes dopily snubbing all of those smartphones and spyware security cameras, [and the covert spineless gets behind them] is not so bad.

still convinced he is a soul that is kind?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

My point is people should be held responsible for their actions. People err sure but not like what this guy has done. And as I have said before I am not for censorship either. If you do the act then face the consequences. Maybe people will think twice before acting the maggot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It's when you find out and expose someone's identity online. It's not a nice thing to experience.

Gifting is basically scamming people over time.

I thought that was giving people presents :tongueincheek:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Why would you have an issue with other people being exposed for attacking a woman?

I wouldn't have to much of an issue with him being shown attacking a woman.
    I've.heard of and talked to hackers who have done worse to people than that including costing them their job/customers and providing their identity and financial details to fraudsters for doing the same or excusing it.

He was doxxing this man a long time before he attacked that woman, this is just the latest piece in that twitter users series on that man.

I in no way condone the woman being attacked and it is awful.

That Twitter user however must have been so gleeful in his justification for doxxing the guy when he finally did something beyond ‘wrongthink’

He was doxxing this man a long time before he attacked that woman, this is just the latest piece in that twitter users series on that man.

That Twitter user however must have been so gleeful in his justification for doxxing the guy when he finally did something beyond ‘wrongthink’

Spitting on someone is...'wrongthink'?

So exposing someone who attacks a woman is wrongthink, glad we cleared that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Birneybau wrote: »
    Spitting on someone is...'wrongthink'?

Before that too, this lad on twitter has been doxxing that man since he merely posted comments about direct provision.

The man in question is scum
    The twitter user is also scum
    Neither cancels each other out

I dont understand this thread, everyone jumps at you for pointing out that anyone except gemmas crew is also doing wrong.

Doxxing is wrong, hardly a controversial opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Others will understand my previous post. I came to this thread for a different reason when I saw a story in the news. I didn't know about this fella spitting on the woman.

It was in the post that I put up

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Off side?

He assaulted a woman and spat on her. You really do support some people who do horrendous things. Is your hero Dee still being questioned for the death threats?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

Off side?

He assaulted a woman and spat on her. You really do support some people who do horrendous things. Is your hero Dee still being questioned for the death threats?

Aw come on now he pulled a flag off an ould one certainly didn't assualt/ or spit on her you calling him bending over to grab the flag a assualt????
    Also wasn't that angry Antifa granny? The ould one who goes around strung out on heroin all the time in Dublin goofed up the eyeballs on dole payment crappy smack?

Alan Sweeney lad is harmless. You lot are gas making him out to be Adolf Hitler.To ye if he looks at a woman he's 'abusing' or 'assualting' her.

Strikes me as a gentle soul he has a very nervous disposition and stutter. You lot are as making him out to be some Neo Nazi Monster. Do yiz ever do context or reality at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

nah. not embarrassing. he just seems a soul that is kind.
    And the lovely Garda! even tempered, but very well trained.

The man should have said "I am on a lawful journey". Some persons say to say that, and that the Gardai cannot then stop you?
    Aw come on now he pulled a flag off an ould one certainly didn't assualt/ or spit on her you calling him bending over to grab the flag a assualt????
    Also wasn't that angry Antifa granny? The ould one who goes around strung out on heroin all the time in Dublin goofed up the eyeballs on dole payment crappy smack?

Alan Sweeney lad is harmless. You lot are gas making him out to be Adolf Hitler.To ye if he looks at a woman he's 'abusing' or 'assualting' her.

Strikes me as a gentle soul he has a very nervous disposition and stutter. You lot are as making him out to be some Neo Nazi Monster. Do yiz ever do context or reality at all?

a soul that is kind. a gentle soul. you guys must be reading from the same playbook.

The video shows him spitting. Apparently its ok by you that she was assaulted.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

It was in the post that I put up

I think my post that you are replying to was unclear. I was saying that I came to this thread because of another story which I read about in the news. I did not come to talk about the spitter. When I came here I saw your post and the responses. That was what I meant.

To be clear, I cannot fathom any mitigating circumstances for that video. If you showed me a video that immediately started with a fella just punching a girl then maybe you could say there might be a 1-in-100 chance that he was defending himself or retaliating to something and the video was edited. In this case of the spitter, there cannot be any defence because she was on the ground and well away from him and not interacting with him, or a threat to him, in any way.

This is what I think:
    1) Posting the video/photo - fine.
    2) Passing on his details to the Guards - fine
    3) Doxxing him online - not fine
    4) Publishing his name after he charged - fine
    5) Publishing the court details/findings after he is convicted - fine

(3) is the one that is not fine. This is a thread about a person who apparently/allegedly has their own little "mob" of followers online. Those followers appear to me - and I am sure to most reasonable people - have deluded but apparently strong views about who is assaulting their rights and what is a crime that deserves someone's name to be published online so that they can be targeted. Those "beliefs" and standards are presumably a lot different to most peoples'.

What I am saying is, that if you reduce to (3) when you feel it is justified, then it weakens the strength of your position if you then object to it when "they" do it.
    (3) achieves nothing in this case. Do (2) and then (4) and (5) when he is processed. Don't create a precedent that it is ok to just jump in and do (3)

The video shows him spitting. Apparently its ok by you that she was assaulted.

The video of him grabbing the flag off strung out Antifa granny ould one? She was on her arse already like an upended turtle. What assault? What video you looking at? He was surrounded by like 10 gardai assualt eh? Done under their nose so clearly even several Gardai didn't see it as a 'assault'

We may agree to disagree.

If him grabbing the flag is assualt to you; you have lived a VERY VERY sheltered life. Just as well lockdown is on you would die going into the outside World.

The video of him grabbing the flag off strung out Antifa granny ould one? She was on her arse already like an upended turtle. What assault? What video you looking at? He was surrounded by like 10 gardai assualt eh? Done under their nose so clearly even several Gardai didn't see it as a 'assault'

We may agree to disagree.

If him grabbing the flag is assualt to you; you have lived a VERY VERY sheltered life. Just as well lockdown is on you would die going into the outside World.

FYI, "assault" and "battery" are two legal terms that are often misunderstood/mixed up.

Some people wrongly assume that it's not, legally speaking, "assault" if the person did not receive physical injuries. They are wrong. Possibly yourself included

FYI, "assault" and "battery" are two legal terms that are often misunderstood/mixed up.

Some people wrongly assume that it's not, legally speaking, "assault" if the person did not receive physical injuries. They are wrong. Possibly yourself included

Did I say anything about physical injuries? :confused:

If anyone is wrong perhaps it's yourself? Physical injuries??
    I didn't say that YOU DID.

Did I say anything about physical injuries? :confused:

If anyone is wrong perhaps it's yourself? Physical injuries??
    I didn't say that YOU DID.

You appear to think that grabbing a flag off someone could not come under the legal definition of "assualt" (sic). I am merely telling you that it most definitely could.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1997/act/26/section/2/enacted/en/html

Now, you can try to shift the goalposts. But it is quite clear that such an action would come under the legal definition of "assault". Arguing whether or not it harmed the person, or whether a penalty should be applied for that action, is a separate point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭cravings

i was curious so had a quick look (very quick) into this guy.. he has his youtube and twitter and probably facebook all in his own name, he does multiple streams and videos and stuff as himself, he has said he has aspirations on going into politics, his education and background are easily publicly visible on his linkdin... it's not much of a "dox" when he's pretty much given all the info away himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Howard Beale, unless you have proof of these allegations I suggest you drop it please.

Everyone else, get back on topic. Thanks

Necro wrote: »
    Mod:

Howard Beale, unless you have proof of these allegations I suggest you drop it please.

Everyone else, get back on topic. Thanks

Well several have spoke of their stints in rehab but I am not going to go trawling through old twitter posts from 2 year ago I'm at work can't be arsed but their is 2 lads who has exposed the Antifa druggie dreg lot for what they are but I am not posting their stuff as they are Nationalists and immediately be far far right this and that as peoples confirmation bias on the left won't allow them to look at anything that's not from a full on Marxist. For some reason people here are very sympathetic to the unemployable Antifa lot. Anyone wants the links DM me fair enough?

Like in Galway profit before people expelled a party member for smashing a phone, beating the crap out of his missus and drug dealing to other party members. These folk are cretins and the worst lowlifes.

While the video of Alan does make him look bad I can gurantee people that was very likely after months of abuse and doxxing online context is important. He was had personal and very abusive doxxing videos and the people making them are very obviously not working. How could they be spending hours a day editing and splicing together abusive dox videos of people all the time? Don't any of these people have lifes at all??

Despite Gemma and her goons being accused of things they never ever spend their days making abusive personal dox videos of people they don't know from Adam. This is the most extreme form of bullying and abuse online and the hard left (antifa) lot get away with the most vile abuse as it's cloaked in a wafer thin uniform of being virtuous despite it being the most extreme form of what they preach against fascism. However people will support the most extreme bullying and dox videos if it goes against someone they disagree with. Amazing echo chamber bias and hypocrisy.

Whilst I see the Antifa dregs for what they are unemployed reprobates what never ceases to amaze me is the mindless support for them and their embellished abuse and bullying videos online further illustrating the divide and conquer going on in Ireland right now and showing violence and abuse from the left always goes unnoticed and ignored. Shame as these lot contribute absolutely nothing to society these unemployable 'activists' who spend 24/7 online making abuse videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Shame as these lot contribute absolutely nothing to society these unemployable 'activists' who spend 24/7 online making abuse videos.

You're talking about Gemma and Dee and the rest here...yeah?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,733 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Shes running out of money. No Youtube, no Twitter, no Parler

https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1348917444107186177

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

The Nal wrote: »
    Shes running out of money. No Youtube, no Twitter, no Parler

https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1348917444107186177

"Tess the Truth Trailer" What the f*ck?

"Tess the Truth Trailer" What the f*ck?

Looks like a crashed horsebox to me.

You hardly think that is the real thing????????

ACIQuestion is a satirical Twitter account for forks sake :rolleyes:

By the way Gems doesn't need the money shes minted at the back of it. How many can afford houses in Shankill and not work??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

While the video of Alan does make him look bad I can gurantee people that was very likely after months of abuse...

You can guarantee that something is likely... ok, then...
    Despite Gemma and her goons being accused of things they never ever spend their days making abusive personal dox videos of people they don't know from Adam.

No? They just confine themselves to being directly abusive, and directing abuse towards, people they don't know from Adam.

• Advertisement

You can guarantee that something is likely... ok, then...

No? They just confine themselves to being directly abusive, and directing abuse towards, people they don't know from Adam.

I remember he said it online somewhere so yes he's got mountains of crap off the the crusty Antifa types.

Well I don't condone eithers abuse but my point was Gems goons don't spend their lifes making disgusting doxxing videos as you well know. That is the remit of the permanently unemployed Antifa loola's who seem to spend their life's making embellished videos of people they don't know. Extreme harassment and bullying online is all it is.

If Gems was making these awful doxxing videos boards.ie be up in arms because it's the unemployable Antifa lot making them not only is it supported but shared around!

Incredible double standards and hypocrisy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement