Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildlife Ranger jobs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rainbow2000

cbsam74 wrote: »
    I do hope we are included. The panel lasts for 18 months approx. Did you select many locations.

If you are No.1 on the panel I don't think you will have to worry regardless of your location. If they are recruiting 50/60 rangers surely there will be at the very least, 1 per county! I put down 3 locations: Mayo (no.7 on panel) Galway (no.9) and Sligo (N/A was on my results). Not too confident that I will get an offer anytime soon, but will have to wait and see!

Just an update I saw on this. The first 20 successful candidates are to be assigned to the role in the coming weeks.

https://www.kildarestreet.com/debates/?id=2021-06-24a.100&s=speaker%3A528

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭cbsam74

Just an update I saw on this. The first 20 successful candidates are to be assigned to the role in the coming weeks.

https://www.kildarestreet.com/debates/?id=2021-06-24a.100&s=speaker%3A528

Cheers for sharing that. I haven't heard any word on my side yet.

I received an email from PAS today saying that I am being considered for the role and to complete garda vetting, medical forms and to provide them with contact details for previous and current employer.

I'm not too sure if this means I am likely to get offered a position (provided my clearance is acceptable). I am a little weary about providing my current employers contact details!!

I received an email from PAS today saying that I am being considered for the role and to complete garda vetting, medical forms and to provide them with contact details for previous and current employer.

I'm not too sure if this means I am likely to get offered a position (provided my clearance is acceptable). I am a little weary about providing my current employers contact details!!

Wow that's great news..moving fast so.. no moves in my locations which is a bit of bummer

• Advertisement

cbsam74 wrote: »
    Wow that's great news..moving fast so.. no moves in my locations which is a bit of bummer

That's very annoying. From what I gather from other similar positions, they appear to go by county. It might be worth emailing PAS to see if they have any update from the department on upcoming recruitment at your location. Fingers crossed it will be very soon.

That's very annoying. From what I gather from other similar positions, they appear to go by county. It might be worth emailing PAS to see if they have any update from the department on upcoming recruitment at your location. Fingers crossed it will be very soon.

I just sent them an email there so hopefully might turn up..fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

any updates??

did any of you get a job? if so do you like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SavageSpuds

Just got a message on Public jobs... apparently they're interviewing more candidates off the 2021 panel so the panel must be expiring soon. Was asked to confirm if still interested in the role.

I had a look back through my messages as it was so long ago that I applied that I forgot what the result was. I got a message after they did the shortlisting to say they split successful applicants into 2 groups - 1st group had obvious experience and they were being interviewed immediately, 2nd group had some experience but not as strong as 1st group. These candidates would be placed on a reserve list and would be contacted later if more vacancies arise while the panel is still active.

Lets see what happens...

Don't suppose anyone happens to have the booklet with all the details re the role? 2 years after applying they contacted me to arrange an interview... who knew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 luna11

I done the interview and am high enough on the panel for my area. Is there any way to find out when there might be offers or how many are been recruited overall even? How did you get on with the interview?

@luna11 Congrats! Yes if you email PAS (not sure what the email address for this competition is but if you check the messages you got when you got the interview etc it should be there somewhere) you can ask them where abouts you are in the panel now incase there has been much movement on the panel (depends on how high up on the panel you were after the interview - it may not be that useful if you were very high up). Not sure if they'd be able to say how many they are planning on recruiting or anything like that. I got on pretty well too, was pleasantly surprised! Fairly high up on the panel too but nothing since the interview; guessing there weren't many vacancies in my county and so the first person offered it accepted the offer!

Advertisement