Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Karcher window cleaner

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭Gemancy

The ad doesn’t give much info on the model type. I bought one a few years ago in Tesco. They were selling 2 versions at the time. I bought the more expensive model but I don’t think there was a significant difference, I think the one I got had an additional tool to use beforehand when applying detergent.

We love ours anyway. Does a great job, no streaks and really quick and easy to use. HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

25 min battery capacity means this is the karcher wv1.
    It's the runt of the litter and is just about OK. Currently on sale on amazon for £39.99.
    However, the excellent wv2 plus N is often on sale for this price and is considered the pick of the bunch. The "plus N" refers to the extra accessory for narrow windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Squidgy and a rag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I got the VW2 online for about the same. I get bad condensation on windows and use this to dry them. Works great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

I'm guessing its the same as they had in the UK last week which is the KW1 Plus. £20 over there, so it's a good bit of mark up in Ireland at €45

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/big-sale-event/kaercher-cordless-electric-window-vac/p38349?ar=12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The WV1 with the battery life of 25 minutes is absolutely fine.. you shouldn't be spending longer than that on windows unless you live in Nakatomi Plaza!

In perspective, the WV2 has an extra 10 minutes of runtime yet takes almost twice as long to fully charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭phester28

bought the wv6 off amazon.de for 64 including delivery. Delivery is now 9.99 from amazon so no more free deliveries.

Also note its the Ireland vat rate that applies of currently 21% but soon I think Feb it will revert to 23%. I am surprised that carriage also attracts 23% in Ireland as I thought it would be a service.

Alas 23% is almost across the board in IRL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

they are not worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

I'm guessing its the same as they had in the UK last week which is the KW1 Plus. £20 over there, so it's a good bit of mark up in Ireland at €45

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/big-sale-event/kaercher-cordless-electric-window-vac/p38349?ar=12

Lidl did the cheaper version before for 24 or 29 euro. I think this might be the next one up. TBH how often do you clean your windows? I have one but rarely use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Seve OB wrote: »
    they are not worth it

Agreed. Thought it was a great purchase initially , but they don’t last . Mine barely lasted a year even with very light use. Once outside the warranty period they seem to fall apart and Karcher won’t stand over them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Agreed. Thought it was a great purchase initially , but they don’t last . Mine barely lasted a year even with very light use. Once outside the warranty period they seem to fall apart and Karcher won’t stand over them.

Oh mine has lasted a long time.
    But it is just as easy to wash the windows with a proper squeegee and cloths.

We have a karcher wv2 2nd generation since 2016. We use it every morning in the winter to clear the condensation from the bedrooms and the outside windows from time to time. Never gave a minutes trouble.

Would be lost without this in the mornings as clearing the condensation prevents mound and this makes the job super quick. So would highly recommend this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Picked one up today great job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭ozmo

Yes you can use a Squidgy - but these are more fun - I like ours anyway.

“Roll it back”

I bought one of these in Lidl before. It wasn't Karcher (and neither is this one, i don't think, as the brand would be mentioned).

I think I paid €25 because it was one of their warehouse sales. Friend of mine has the branded karcher product. I didn't like the LIDL version, and when I used the branded Karcher one, i still wasnt that fussed. Your windows have to be cleaned before using this, it doesn't wipe off the sh/te that a seagull dropped on your window the day before, it is effectively a water hoover that gives you a streak-free finish.

Unless i was just using it wrongly, but i went back to the bottle of Glass Polish and a microfibre cloth. Much better results, a lot faster, albeit with a little more effort involved.

(the reason people often get streaky windows, is because they put far too much glass cleaner on, and don't spend enough time wiping it off, so it sits on the glass, creating a 'haze').

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

I'd recommend these for clearing moisture on the inside window of your car on a cold morning. Leaves it almost streak free. While it's in the car, I also use it to wipe the water off the side windows (I don't turn it on for that). Apart from that, I've gone back to using a cloth and kitchen towel on the house windows but I do think it's great for the car.

Advertisement