Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1440p 60fps GPU recommendations

Options
  • 29-12-2020 9:12am

Hey guys, I'm struggling to figure out what are the cheapest/oldest GPUs that can hit 1440p @60fps gaming. Mid to high settings. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

5700/5700XT going forward, 1080ti if you have a beefy PSU. Going for silly money at the moment but hopefully will come down as supply starts to ramp up of the newer cards. I'm assuming you mean newer games and are happy to go secondhand. Disregard if not.

5700/5700XT going forward, 1080ti if you have a beefy PSU. Going for silly money at the moment but hopefully will come down as supply starts to ramp up of the newer cards. I'm assuming you mean newer games and are happy to go secondhand. Disregard if not.
    Thanks, yep prefably save a few quid going 2nd hand. When is stock likely to start arriving in stores? There is literally nothing in stock anywhere atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Thanks, yep prefably save a few quid going 2nd hand. When is stock likely to start arriving in stores? There is literally nothing in stock anywhere atm.

It's unclear sadly, could be Feb or later before it all calms down. I wouldn't pay more than €250ish for the above cards and even then only from someone with good feedback etc.

5700XT can be a bit of an annoyance to work with, it really could do with some tweaking such as undervolting if you get one and be careful which model you get. Ideally you want a Red Devil, Nitro or THICC III. Avoid the THICC II and Asus cards from what I recall.

You could probably add the 2060 Super to the list also, maybe the standard 2060?

Advertisement