Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Idiot guide please

• 29-12-2020 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi all
    looking for help here.
    bought my daughter an x box 2 years ago with a minecraft game cd.
    She played for a while but had lost interest.
    One of the friends is after getting one so minecraft is back in fashion again!
    so she wants to play minecraft online with the friend so i have eventually figured out and got her a Xbox live gold subscription for 6.99 per month.
    my problem is that she says that the minecraft is not updated to the version that her friend is playing.
    I have checked for updates for the game but it says none available.
    Could one of you give me a idiot guide to...
    Do i need to buy a new version of minecraft on top of the xbox live gold subscripition?
    If so am i better off with a physical copy or a download?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭lynchtp

I think this should clear it up https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/better-together-faq
    there was a time the upgrade from cd - to the newer version was free. But this expired sometime ago.
    8<—————-
    CONSOLE
    Q: I own Minecraft: Xbox One Edition on disc. Will I be able to get the Better Together Update for free?

A: If you own Minecraft: Xbox One Edition on disc and have played for at least 5 hours in the past 12 months or bought DLC, you’ll be able to upgrade to Minecraft for free, until November 30th 2019. If you haven’t played in the past 12 months, you can play five hours or purchase DLC before November 30th 2019 to unlock your upgrade.
    —————->8

It is probably worth going through the steps to see if it is offered free...
    8<—————-
    You’ll need to log into your Xbox profile and insert the disc. If you own a physical copy of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition, and you’ve played five hours in the last twelve months, or bought DLC at any time, then you're entitled to a free update to the Bedrock version. If you haven't played for five hours in the last 12 months/bought any DLC, you can fulfil either of the conditions (it’s a pretty good excuse to play Minecraft for five hours) before November 30 2019. You will receive a 5x5 code via Xbox messaging that lets you redeem the Bedrock version of Minecraft. Please be prepared for a short wait to receive your code, it could take a few weeks while our team processes redemption requests.
    —————->8

It may be wroth asking xbox support- is it still possible to receive the free upgrade.

Laslty the version of MineCraft with GamePass is the updated one... https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/minecraft

Advertisement