Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are the Almighty GOOG downfoisting their political views?

• 29-12-2020 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

I don't usually use Google but this time I did. Looking up kenya dairy industry yields a veritable slew of dairy=cruelty suggestions I didn't exactly ask for.

They might try to pass it off as raising awareness to actual cruelty or simply blame their black box AI overlords for coming up with these suggestions without human intervention but I dont believe this to be the case. Plant based alternatives and lab-grown meat and likely artificial milk as well are subject to heavy investment from cash-rich Silicon Valley corps and billionaires and therefore I highly doubt they're suggesting this out of sympathy for the poor cows.

When these suggestions started it was only the odd suggestion could be seen as political but in recent times they've turned it up significantly.

537476.png

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Hellotonever

Man. Old people trying to understand technology is something alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I'm intrigued by the registered post tab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

that appears under "People also ask". Other people who search for info on the dairy industry in kenya also ask about cruelty in the dairy industry. it isn't suggesting that you should look at it, it is telling you that other people are looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

cruelty in the dairy is very real but they have good lobbyists so they try very hard to not allow the public to know the real truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭uptherebels

cruelty in the dairy is very real but they have good lobbyists so they try very hard to not allow the public to know the real truth.

What is the real truth?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,913 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

No.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

What is the real truth?

calves taken from mothers once they have had the first feed of colostrum then they are bucket fed. Mothers distraught and calling for the calves. The males are often not fed and given away or killed as they are not suitable for meat .The mother lactates for human consumption until she can be artificially inseminated again.

Female calves kept for the continuance of the cycle often the males are sold for veal crates but they don't grow much meat as they are mostly Holsteins and when you see them in the fields have little body fats. The original mother continues the cycle of giving birth and lactating until she is worn out then she is slaughtered for dog food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭uptherebels

calves taken from mothers once they have had the first feed of colostrum then they are bucket fed. Mothers distraught and calling for the calves. The males are often not fed and given away or killed as they are not suitable for meat .The mother lactates for human consumption until she can be artificially inseminated again.

Female calves kept for the continuance of the cycle often the males are sold for veal crates but they don't grow much meat as they are mostly Holsteins and when you see them in the fields have little body fats. The original mother continues the cycle of giving birth and lactating until she is worn out then she is slaughtered for dog food.

And which bits of the above do you think lobbyists are hiding from people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,119 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

When I search for "kenya dairy industry", I don't get any anti-dairy questions in the "People also ask" section.

It's clear that the vegan Communist-Satanists at Google are specifically targeting you personally. Your tinfoil has obviously been compromised - time to move to the lead-lined bunker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

When I search for "kenya dairy industry", I don't get any anti-dairy questions in the "People also ask" section.

It's clear that the vegan Communist-Satanists at Google are specifically targeting you personally. Your tinfoil has obviously been compromised - time to move to the lead-lined bunker.

Which ones do you get instead?

• Advertisement

Which ones do you get instead?

I've attached a screenshot, but they're:
    What is the main problem facing dairy farming in Kenya?

How profitable is dairy farming in Kenya?

What products does the dairy industry produce?

What are the top 5 dairy producing states?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I'm intrigued by the registered post tab.

Riveting stuff :)

I've attached a screenshot, but they're:

I get those ones if I use a private window. It must do some profiling before sending the suggestions. When I'm logged in I get all the cruelty ones. Maybe based on searching history or demographic

I get those ones if I use a private window. It must do some profiling before sending the suggestions. When I'm logged in I get all the cruelty ones. Maybe based on searching history or demographic

If I'm logged in, I get one cruelty one (Is the dairy industry cruel?) among the others. If I click on that, I get a few more cruelty-themed ones added. But if I click on "What are the top 5 dairy producing states?", I get more questions to do with geographic dairy statistics. It's no surprise that they'll give you more content based on what you click on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Mothers distraught and calling for the calves.

Good lobbyists you say? That’s some cracking anthropomorphisation propaganda you’ve got there if I do say so myself.

Aye personalised results are based upon a whole slew of things, but there’s no doubt too that searches related to veganism and similar associations with animal welfare are becoming more popular on the basis that some people regard meat production regardless of how it is produced as unethical and cruel. Once the umbrella is that big, it can pretty much cover anything when that’s where they’re starting from, because they’re pushing more and more for animals to be regarded as having equivalent ‘moral worth’ as humans.

Advertisement