Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm siren wont turn off after power shutdown

Options
  • 29-12-2020 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have an old HKC alarm system that started randomly alerting on tamper warning. The alarm company is off this week, so they advised me to switch off the alarm system for now (I have a secondary alarm system that should come in handy). I located the alarm control panel and disconnected the (yellow) power wire and battery. As soon as I unplugged the battery, it outdoor alarm siren starting alerting and has not stopped alerting since 2 hours. I was told the siren's battery should run out of power in 30 mins. Have I missed some step to shutdown the alarm system?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sirenoff

Picture of alarm control panel - imgur.com/a/chW4cZv

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

sirenoff wrote: »
    I have an old HKC alarm system that started randomly alerting on tamper warning. The alarm company is off this week, so they advised me to switch off the alarm system for now (I have a secondary alarm system that should come in handy). I located the alarm control panel and disconnected the (yellow) power wire and battery. As soon as I unplugged the battery, it outdoor alarm siren starting alerting and has not stopped alerting since 2 hours. I was told the siren's battery should run out of power in 30 mins. Have I missed some step to shutdown the alarm system?

Did it say which tamper. Could be panel. Internal siren keypad or window?

It should run out of juice provided the power is actually disconnected. Any pics of what you disconnected.

Did it say which tamper. Could be panel. Internal siren keypad or window?

It should run out of juice provided the power is actually disconnected. Any pics of what you disconnected.

Thanks for your reply. It said tamper in lounge and didn't exactly say much. I am guessing its one of the sensors in window but I am not sure.

Boards wont let me post pictures or link but here is a picture of what I disconnected - imgur.com/a/chW4cZv

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

sirenoff wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. It said tamper in lounge and didn't exactly say much. I am guessing its one of the sensors in window but I am not sure.

Boards wont let me post pictures or link but here is a picture of what I disconnected - imgur.com/a/chW4cZv

Yes it's most likely the window unless you have a PIR in there. The tamper spring might have dislodged you could take of the cover and have a look. Them sensors are only a few euro and simple enough to replace.

Yeah that should be the power disconnected but as per the PM I typically pull the fuse and then disconnect the battery.

Update: all sorted. I managed to figure out the circuit and fix the erroneous siren.

For someone who lands in this thread looking for help, unless you are an engineer, hire an expert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

What house was successfully robbed as it was powerless?:D:D:eek::eek:

Advertisement